Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

mfindlay

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 26 June 2001 :  21:10:20  Show Profile  Visit mfindlay's Homepage
I have installed your MOD and it looks great so far but i have a few problems
1. The area that shows the colours in admin is not as wide as shown in the gif at the top of this thread

You may need to adjust the column width to suit your taste. You should be able to view the table in your html editor and adjust the columns from there.

2. I cannot change the colours in admin but i can change colorstripe.gifs

I had a bug in my form some time back, in the <form> definition. It had a remnant from when I was experimenting with a file type input. The bug was causing none of the updates to take. I've updated the download, but here is what your form definition should look like now:
<form action="admin_config_colors.asp" method="post" id="Form1" name="Form1">

3. Templates not updating correctly
Is this possibly related to #2 above? If not, can you elaborate?

Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2001 :  16:05:53  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
quote:

Templates not updating correctly

Firstly I have your updated file v11.zip
The form itself and the popups have the correct theme but all the rest stays the same.
the only way i can change the whole forums theme is through my page (big9erfans_themes Mod)
Changeing colours via the popup chart or by entering colours or hex values does seem not work.

Also i think overlooked checking this before sorry
Color Template Import/Export

ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.

I tried importing the second best theme and got this error

I will try and provide you with any more info if required
Thank you for your help
bonkers

Go to Top of Page

mfindlay

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2001 :  16:32:04  Show Profile  Visit mfindlay's Homepage
quote:

quote:

Templates not updating correctly

Firstly I have your updated file v11.zip
The form itself and the popups have the correct theme but all the rest stays the same.
the only way i can change the whole forums theme is through my page (big9erfans_themes Mod)
Changeing colours via the popup chart or by entering colours or hex values does seem not work.

Also i think overlooked checking this before sorry
Color Template Import/Export

ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.ErrCode=Invalid import line.

I tried importing the second best theme and got this error

If you like you can send me your admin_config_colors.asp and I will try it here and see if I can determine why the colors do not change immediately for you. (mfindlay@sagecomputerservices.com)

As for the color template "invalid import line" error, can we carry that discussion over to the "Import/Export Color Template" topic?

Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2001 :  22:58:19  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
quote:

[quote]

If you like you can send me your admin_config_colors.asp and I will try it here and see if I can determine why the colors do not change immediately for you. (mfindlay@sagecomputerservices.com)

As for the color template "invalid import line" error, can we carry that discussion over to the "Import/Export Color Template" topic?

Thought you would like to know i have it working correctly now seems that the problem is with the My Snitz Mod i removed the mod and everything worked
I hope i can eventually find a way to make these two mods work together.
bonkers

Go to Top of Page

mfindlay

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2001 :  00:02:40  Show Profile  Visit mfindlay's Homepage
quote:

quote:

[quote]

Thought you would like to know i have it working correctly now seems that the problem is with the My Snitz Mod i removed the mod and everything worked
I hope i can eventually find a way to make these two mods work together.
bonkers

I am not familiar with that mod, can you provide a link to that mod so I can check it out?

Edited by - mfindlay on 08 July 2001 18:14:53
Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2001 :  21:39:39  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
quote:
I'm not familiar with that mod, can you provide a link to that mod so I can check it out?

Try here

http://www.forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10509&FORUM_ID=25&CAT_ID=17&Topic_Title=UPDATED+MOD+%3A+Snitz+Personalization&Forum_Title=MOD+Add%2DOn+Forum+%28W%2FCode%29

Go to Top of Page

RobX
Starting Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2001 :  19:08:36  Show Profile
Hello Mark,

I tried to install your mod that I think is just great but when I tried to run mod_dbsetup.asp I got these error messages:

Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD C_STRHEADCELLBGIMAGE nvarchar (255) NOT NULL DEFAULT "colorstripe.gif"
-2147217900 | The name 'colorstripe.gif' is not permitted in this context. Only constants, expressions, or variables allowed here. Column names are not permitted.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD C_STRCATEGORYCELLBGIMAGE nvarchar (255) NOT NULL DEFAULT "colorstripe.gif"
-2147217900 | The name 'colorstripe.gif' is not permitted in this context. Only constants, expressions, or variables allowed here. Column names are not permitted.
Table(s) updated

My database is a SQL database type and I am very new to all this. What do you think I could do to make this work?

Edited by - robx on 08 July 2001 19:10:22
Go to Top of Page

mfindlay

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2001 :  19:20:07  Show Profile  Visit mfindlay's Homepage
quote:

Hello Mark,

I tried to install your mod that I think is just great but when I tried to run mod_dbsetup.asp I got these error messages:

Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD C_STRHEADCELLBGIMAGE nvarchar (255) NOT NULL DEFAULT "colorstripe.gif"
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD C_STRCATEGORYCELLBGIMAGE nvarchar (255) NOT NULL DEFAULT "colorstripe.gif"
Table(s) updated

My database is a SQL database type and I am very new to all this. What do you think I could do to make this work?

Edited by - robx on 08 July 2001 19:10:22

Rob,

I created and ran this mod on Access 2000 so there may be some type of incompatibility with the above statements and SQL Server I am not familiar with. As a checklist I would try the following:

1) Make sure you are running the mod_dbsetup.asp that I included in the zipfile instead of any other existing version you may have had on your system.

2) Check that the background_images.dbs has not been altered from the original zipfile. I noticed in the error message the term "nvarchar". The .dbs file defines the field as varchar so I am a little perplexed as to why the error message states nvarchar.

3) Try changing the double quotes around colorstripe.gif to single quotes.

If those fail:

You can always add these columns to the database manually. Add to the FORUM_CONFIG table:

column = C_STRHEADCELLBGIMAGE
type = varchar (255)
default value = "colorstripe.gif"
allow nulls.

column = C_STRCATEGORYCELLBGIMAGE
type = varchar (255)
default value = "colorstripe.gif"
allow nulls.

Let me know how it goes.

Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2001 :  19:28:35  Show Profile
I desperately want this MOD but i am afraid to edit all the files as it take huge amount of time.

Go to Top of Page

mfindlay

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2001 :  19:42:37  Show Profile  Visit mfindlay's Homepage
quote:

I desperately want this MOD but i am afraid to edit all the files as it take huge amount of time.

I know what you mean, but there's no way around the massive editing. Hopefully the Snitz folks will offer this as part of the base system in the future. Best solution for now is to use an editor that makes global changes across multiple files. I used Dreanweaver to do mine.

Go to Top of Page

mfindlay

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2001 :  19:54:29  Show Profile  Visit mfindlay's Homepage
quote:

Hello Mark,

Adding Column...
Adding Column...
Table(s) updated

I did a search in MSDN Library on -2147217900 and among the hits was the following which may help shed some light on this as well. It is from article: Q195979 and while not precisely the error we got, it may trigger some bells for you:

SYMPTOMS
With SQL Server's Quoted_Identifier set to Off, you may receive the following error:

Run-time error '-2147217900 (80040e14)':
Line 1: Syntax error near 'tablename'
This error occurs when you are using client-side cursors with the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (SQLOLEDB). The error occurs on an ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) recordset's Update method, and may occur on an AddNew method.

CAUSE
With ADO client-side cursors, when you invoke an ADO recordset's AddNew or Update method, the OLE DB Provider prepares a SQL statement to send to SQL Server.

The Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server automatically quotes identifiers on an ADO recordset's Update method, and may quote identifiers on an AddNew method. Identifiers include table names and field names.

For example, updating the Titles table in the Pubs database with the following:

MyADORecordet.Update
The preceding would be prepared similar to the following:

UPDATE "titles" SET "title"='Hello World' WHERE "title_id"='3'
Note that the table name is in quotes, "titles", and that each field name is in quotes, "title", "title_id", and so on.

If SQL Server's Quoted_Identifier option is set to Off, SQL Server will not recognize table names and field names enclosed in quotes.

The error "Syntax error near 'tablename'" occurs.

RESOLUTION
Following are two workarounds that allow you to set the quoted_identifier off and update records using ADO recordsets.

Use the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers with the Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver.

By default, the SQL Server ODBC driver quotes identifiers. However, you may configure the SQL Server ODBC driver to prepare SQL statements without quoted identifiers.

NOTE: You must use the SQL Server ODBC driver 2.65.0240 that ships with the SQL Server 6.5 Service Pack 2, or a later driver. Earlier SQL Server ODBC drivers do not have this capability.

Add "QuotedID=No" in the ODBC connection string.

-or-

Clear "Use ANSI Quoted Identifiers" in the Microsoft SQL Server Data Source Name (DSN) Configuration.

Open the ODBC Administrator.

Open the User DSN or System DSN that you are using to connect to your SQL Server database.

Click Next until you reach the dialog box with "Use ANSI Quoted Identifiers."

Clear the check box next to "Use ANSI Quoted Identifiers."

Click Finish.
-or-
Use Server-Side cursors.
For example, before opening an ADO Connection object named cn, use the following syntax:

cn.CursorLocation = adUseServer
NOTE: Examples of both workarounds are shown in the MORE INFORMATION section.

Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2001 :  20:43:43  Show Profile
mfindlay,

I posted a message in Help MOD Implementation here for you.

Also SalmanKhana,

I use Araneae to edit my .asp files and all I did was do a search in each file for strHeadCellColor and strCategoryCellColor then clicked my mouse in and pasted the appropriate code. Took me all of about 2 hours do edit all the .asp files

Intrepidone

Edited by - Intrepidone on 08 July 2001 20:46:19
Go to Top of Page

RobX
Starting Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2001 :  21:26:17  Show Profile
quote:

3) Try changing the double quotes around colorstripe.gif to single quotes.

Mark, I believe that that was it! I' ll keep you posted!

thx

Go to Top of Page

mfindlay

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2001 :  02:50:27  Show Profile  Visit mfindlay's Homepage
quote:

mfindlay,

I posted a message in Help MOD Implementation here for you.

Also SalmanKhana,

I use Araneae to edit my .asp files and all I did was do a search in each file for strHeadCellColor and strCategoryCellColor then clicked my mouse in and pasted the appropriate code. Took me all of about 2 hours do edit all the .asp files

Intrepidone

Edited by - Intrepidone on 08 July 2001 20:46:19

I have posted your noimage.gif to the zipfile now for all to use. Thanks. I have also posted an answer to your question: "Is there a Javascript, onclick function ......." in that topic (with Help/General).

Let me know if the code I posted there doesn't quite meet your needs. I tested it and it seems to work the way you need it to.

Go to Top of Page

Shep

74 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2001 :  13:49:00  Show Profile
I seem to be missing a gif called icon_color.gif

Is it supposed to be included in the mod - or is it supposed to already be on the system. Anyway I don't have it can someone make it availabel to me?

Thanks,
Shep

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07