New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

mvaughn
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  17:14:34  Show Profile  Visit mvaughn's Homepage  Send mvaughn an ICQ Message
to make the reply look that same as the pm_pop_send.asp would be really simple. It is just a matter of adding some code to the pm_pop_send.asp file and changing the link for the reply to point towards the pm_pop_send.asp file.

mvaughn
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  17:18:18  Show Profile  Visit mvaughn's Homepage  Send mvaughn an ICQ Message
When it comes to ASP I'm a novice. I created this in a cut-n-paste type of fashion. It would be really great if a more experienced person could go through the code (especially the database manipulations) and see if there is any errors or code that could be trimmed out.

stupidity
Starting Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  18:14:49  Show Profile  Visit stupidity's Homepage
Getting several errors myself especially

error '80020009'
Exception occurred.

/forum/pm_pop_pager.asp, line 165

also get one in the send pop-up box

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'DoReplyEmail'

/forum/pm_pop_privatesend_info.asp, line 157

that along with the main page opening in the message box when you try to reply and you have 3 very minor inconvieniances I just hope some of you VB wizards out there can solve them to make this a world class Mod

Go to Top of Page

mvaughn
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  18:24:39  Show Profile  Visit mvaughn's Homepage  Send mvaughn an ICQ Message
I'm not sure what is going on.. I haven't gotten any errors... The only problem is brinksters reliability.

I've moved the forum to my test machine with a dedicated T-1.

here's the link:
http://134.39.23.16/forum/

Let me know if you guys are still getting errors now that the brinkster variable is removed.

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  18:29:29  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
I think a lot of it is Brinkster. At least I hope so

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

DocEVL
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  18:35:42  Show Profile  Visit DocEVL's Homepage  Send DocEVL an AOL message
quote:

I'm not sure what is going on.. I haven't gotten any errors... The only problem is brinksters reliability.

I've moved the forum to my test machine with a dedicated T-1.

here's the link:
http://134.39.23.16/forum/

Let me know if you guys are still getting errors now that the brinkster variable is removed.

Works great for me! Good job. Similar to what I have been working on. I like your approach though.

--------
This is a time that is not a time, in a place that is not a place.
--------
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  19:06:01  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Yes it was Brinkster, works like a charm on the new host.

Go to Top of Page

mvaughn
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  23:03:56  Show Profile  Visit mvaughn's Homepage  Send mvaughn an ICQ Message
I have made a few updates...

1. Changed the 10 and 20 second refresh times to 30 and 45 seconds respectively.

2. When active, the Pager will now popup your 3 most recent PM's

3. Forward, Reply, Reply w/quote and Delete functions have been formatted to display in the popup windows.

The new download is available in the first post.

Edited by - mvaughn on 29 May 2001 23:04:31
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2001 :  00:11:52  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Can you make it so when you click on the persons name it pops up their profile in a window and when you click on the Icon it opens send a PM?

Rick

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page

mvaughn
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2001 :  00:30:28  Show Profile  Visit mvaughn's Homepage  Send mvaughn an ICQ Message
would it be better to click on their name and popup their profile, or adding a profile icon?

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2001 :  01:04:29  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
I think clicking on the name because people are used to it already by using the Who's Online mod.

It's up to you.

Thanks,
Rick

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2001 :  02:44:41  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
I just installed the MOD for sending a PM from a profile. So with that installed, the PM form is right there in the profile.

Those latest improvements are perfect! Very fast work too. Only thing I might suggest is that the messages accumulates rather than disapear after you hit reply so you could review the conversation or save it as one session.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

mvaughn
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2001 :  02:51:32  Show Profile  Visit mvaughn's Homepage  Send mvaughn an ICQ Message
I'll see what I can do as far as accumulating message history.

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2001 :  03:24:01  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
I don't know how efficient this would be, especially if people had a long chat with lengthy messages, but could the posts be saved as individual hidden fields?

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

stupidity
Starting Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2001 :  04:41:41  Show Profile  Visit stupidity's Homepage
Version 2 seems to of cured my error problems this is a great add-on to the PM mod I love it

1 possible suggestion is listing people on your buddy list only, (as an option maybe) it seems to me that any popular boards with lots of online members might make the pop-up box unusable (imagine MSN messenger displaying everyone online and you get the idea)

Edited by - stupidity on 30 May 2001 04:50:03
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07