Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 Add member list to DB

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gazzaro Posted - 27 March 2010 : 04:52:33
Is it possible to add a list of members directly to the DB, with no or identical personal password? I could then turn subscriptions off for security reasons.

Thanks, Gabriele
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gazzaro Posted - 27 March 2010 : 11:13:09
IT'S SUCH A BRILLIANT (AND NEAT) SOLUTION!!!

THANKS, Gabriele

quote:
Originally posted by HuwR

right ok, you will need to write some code to do it as the password is encrypted, what you could do is register one user with the password you wish to use, you could then grabthe encrypted password for that user from the database and use it for all the other members. you will also need to set a few other colums to specific values in the database ( you could just use the record that you registered with as a template) also remember that usernames and email addresses are unique

HuwR Posted - 27 March 2010 : 09:13:35
right ok, you will need to write some code to do it as the password is encrypted, what you could do is register one user with the password you wish to use, you could then grabthe encrypted password for that user from the database and use it for all the other members. you will also need to set a few other colums to specific values in the database ( you could just use the record that you registered with as a template) also remember that usernames and email addresses are unique
gazzaro Posted - 27 March 2010 : 05:15:25
What I need to do is add a long list of students (just individual names and one standard password for everybody) to avoid having them to subscribe, if possible. I have tried adding just the names in the DB leaving passwords blank, but it won't work... Thanks, Gabriele
HuwR Posted - 27 March 2010 : 04:59:38
not sure what you are asking, what have subscriptions got to do with security or lists of members, if you don't want subscriptions just turn them off.

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07