Add member list to DB
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gazzaro
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2010 :  04:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to add a list of members directly to the DB, with no or identical personal password? I could then turn subscriptions off for security reasons.

Thanks, Gabriele

<i>Gabriele</i>

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20580 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2010 :  04:59:38  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
not sure what you are asking, what have subscriptions got to do with security or lists of members, if you don't want subscriptions just turn them off.
Go to Top of Page

gazzaro
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2010 :  05:15:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I need to do is add a long list of students (just individual names and one standard password for everybody) to avoid having them to subscribe, if possible. I have tried adding just the names in the DB leaving passwords blank, but it won't work... Thanks, Gabriele

Edited by - gazzaro on 27 March 2010 05:17:34
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20580 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2010 :  09:13:35  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
right ok, you will need to write some code to do it as the password is encrypted, what you could do is register one user with the password you wish to use, you could then grabthe encrypted password for that user from the database and use it for all the other members. you will also need to set a few other colums to specific values in the database ( you could just use the record that you registered with as a template) also remember that usernames and email addresses are unique
Go to Top of Page

gazzaro
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2010 :  11:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IT'S SUCH A BRILLIANT (AND NEAT) SOLUTION!!!

THANKS, Gabriele

quote:
Originally posted by HuwR

right ok, you will need to write some code to do it as the password is encrypted, what you could do is register one user with the password you wish to use, you could then grabthe encrypted password for that user from the database and use it for all the other members. you will also need to set a few other colums to specific values in the database ( you could just use the record that you registered with as a template) also remember that usernames and email addresses are unique

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07