Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 Simple Avatar MOD

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
radiodelicate Posted - 08 July 2008 : 17:02:17
Hi!
I am wondering if anyone would wanna help me with a rather simple Avatar MOD? I am currently using the "Profile Image as Avatar MOD", and I would like something that works similarly. Instead of using the Profile Image url though, I would like to add an extra field for the avatar url.

like this

I know that there are addons to the other Avatar MODs that will allow members to upload or link to their avatar, but only after the whole complex avatar system is installed. And I don't want that, I want it to be as simple as possible.

Am I making myself clear enough?
I reckon this shouldn't be that hard, but I'm not skilled enough to do it myself. I gave it a try, and used the same method as for the "Profile Image as Avatar", but instead picked an unused member details field (occupation, in my case), but I couldn't figure it out. It didn't give me any errors though, just... nothing.

Am I right in assuming that if I wanted a completely new field for avatars, I'd need to make changes to the DB, and that the easiest thing would be to modify an existing field, or have I been going at this the wrong way completely?<
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
radiodelicate Posted - 13 August 2008 : 18:18:29
lovely, will have a proper look at it tomorrow, it's 26 minutes past midnight here now xP<
Carefree Posted - 13 August 2008 : 18:11:01
quote:
Originally posted by radiodelicate

wonderful! :D

Check your EMail.<
radiodelicate Posted - 13 August 2008 : 16:35:56
wonderful! :D<
Carefree Posted - 13 August 2008 : 15:47:50
Ok - I made a "Reader's Digest Condensed" version of it. I'll document it and package it this evening.<
Carefree Posted - 13 August 2008 : 13:04:05
Truthfully? I forgot all about this one & just obligated myself to do three more. Since yours has been waiting a while, I'll see what I can do this evening.<
radiodelicate Posted - 13 August 2008 : 09:01:03
has anyone had a chance to have a look at this yet?<
radiodelicate Posted - 28 July 2008 : 07:29:51
brilliant :)<
Carefree Posted - 28 July 2008 : 05:38:08
I'll take a look at it later & see if I can make you a simple one.<
radiodelicate Posted - 28 July 2008 : 05:09:42
ok, no problem. As I've said before, there's no hurry.
Just thought I'd bump the thing in case it had been forgotten.<
AnonJr Posted - 27 July 2008 : 21:42:01
Unfortunately, no I have not. The last few weeks have been the busiest they've been in a long time. I work in the Education department at the county hospital - technically as a programmer, though that "other job duties as assigned" has really expanded my position (I am not complaining. Please don't hear what I'm not saying) - and now is when all the recent nursing school graduates find out if they've passed their boards. Those that pass (and some that don't) are now entering the hospital en mass... and requiring training. One of my "other" jobs includes teaching how to use one of the electronic charting systems we use. We're going to have to run extra classes because we've got that many people coming through next week.

If I live to my long weekend, I'll try. But like before, no promises.<
radiodelicate Posted - 27 July 2008 : 17:31:34
Anon, have you had the time to have a look at it?<
radiodelicate Posted - 22 July 2008 : 08:52:46
I have tried most of the avatar MODs out there, and I have to say that none have really been what I've wished for.
And yes, I have thought of the users. After having the different MODs installed, I asked them which one they liked best, and they actually preferred the Profile Image as Avatar MOD, but wished that they could have separate avatars and profile images.
This is why I am asking for a MOD like this.

if you like that, fell free... just add 2 columns to the members database, update the profile.asp and the topic.asp pages to use the image links.
yes, that is obviously what I would do if I just knew how. I am an ASP newbie, and I haven't been able to figure out how to do that the right way yet. If I could do it all by myself, then I wouldn't ask for help, would I?

if you realize that you want to give a nice experience to your users, why not taking a look at my MOD ...?
I've had a look at it, but since there are no files provided yet, I do not understand how I would be able to install it.<
balexandre Posted - 22 July 2008 : 08:43:14
so, what you are saying is that you want 2 links in the Members table and then use it... right?

but... I need to ask, is that what you want to give to your users? the avatar will be something like 100x100 and they will add a link something like their normal picture at 1280x1024, cause 90% dont even know how to resize a picture, and you will get a really bad avatar and wait several seconds to load a full page with replies ...

is this what you going to accomplish? No matter how simple could the script be, but you need to think on the "other" side of the Forum... The user experience!

if you like that, fell free... just add 2 columns to the members database, update the profile.asp and the topic.asp pages to use the image links.

if you realize that you want to give a nice experience to your users, why not taking a look at my MOD ...?
<
radiodelicate Posted - 22 July 2008 : 07:08:40
oh, that sounds pretty critical. I hope everything turned out all right.<
AnonJr Posted - 16 July 2008 : 06:39:31
No progress. One of the charting systems at the hospital went down when we tried to bring the new tower online... kinda killed the schedule for the last few days. =/<

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07