Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 Code Support: ASP (Non-Forum Related)
 Help with file upload /plesk

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
volkerc Posted - 23 July 2020 : 14:19:21
Hi all,

i hope someone is still out there who can help.
I love the Snitz Forum, and i hate changes. I used to upload images through webform with file upload asp, persits.
Now my hosting company decided to switch to plesk and now my file upload no longer works.
I'm getting the following error:
Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/forum/file_upload.asp, line 16

800401f3
Stupid hosting company says:
We have investigated the issue with your Plesk hosting account and we have found that your site is trying to use scripting that is not supported in the Plesk hosting platform, as it does not have compatibility with Classic ASP. We advise that you update the code in your site to use ASP.NET, which will work within Plesk.

Now what? What can I do? It was very convenient for me to just upload a file with a few clicks and get a url immediately, now it's just a drag.
I want the old Snitz look, and my beloved features?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Etymon Posted - 07 August 2020 : 22:42:49
Thanks for helping out, Huwr! I ran into the same problem with another host. I went to Azure because my son being techy wanted to try it out.
Etymon Posted - 07 August 2020 : 22:36:15
Here you go, volkerc ... http://snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=266
HuwR Posted - 02 August 2020 : 18:56:13
Excellent, glad it is working for you
volkerc Posted - 02 August 2020 : 10:34:57
Bingo, my bad. I had renamed your file cause i found another file with identical name, didn't want that deleted. So i placed your 2 files in a different folder and it works.!!!!!!! Man, you really saved me. [)8] Can I buy you a beer?
volkerc Posted - 02 August 2020 : 10:10:47
well, good news, the webform comes up, i can select an image to upload, hit upload, the screen turns white does not come back on to show me the saved url. checked the folder, image not uploaded.
HuwR Posted - 02 August 2020 : 08:43:23
You probably want to set it for the Application Pool
volkerc Posted - 02 August 2020 : 07:52:43
I know where to change them, but it's different for me than all links i found, i can change permission for
Administrators
Plesk FTP subaccount
Application pool group (IWPG
Plesk Domain User
Plesk FTP subaccount (sup

It was all so easy with the old hosting :/
HuwR Posted - 01 August 2020 : 22:08:13
you should be able to set the folder permissions in plesk for that folder.

https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213407189-How-to-manage-file-directory-permissions-via-Plesk-File-Manager#:~:text=In%20Plesk%2C%20go%20to%20Domains%20%3E%20example.com%20%3E,file%2Fdirectory%3A%20the%20Change%20Permissions%20button%20will%20be%20unavailable.
volkerc Posted - 01 August 2020 : 20:30:01
i uploaded both files, overwritten the old one, added the extra, not working. must be doing something wrong. getting a white screen with this message: forum\volkerc does not have write permissions.
The value of your uploadsDirVar is incorrect. Open uploadTester.asp in an editor and change the value of uploadsDirVar to the pathname of a directory with write permissions.
After you correct this problem, reload the page.
this stupid plesk shows write permission....?
HuwR Posted - 01 August 2020 : 06:32:52
here ya go, i tested it locally and it all worked ok, but obviously no guarantees it will work for you.

[file 6 KB]/forum/Content/Members/1311/ASPUpload.zip[/file]

extract both files to the folder where you currently have your upload.asp file (it will overwrite yours and add an extra file).

let me know how you get on.
volkerc Posted - 30 July 2020 : 10:31:35
Thank you!
HuwR Posted - 30 July 2020 : 08:27:13
thanks, I will take a look at the weekend as a bit swamped at work this week.
volkerc Posted - 29 July 2020 : 16:50:11
worked now ;)

[file 1 KB]/forum/Content/Members/42443/upload.txt[/file]
HuwR Posted - 29 July 2020 : 16:44:43
oops, my bad, there was an error in the list of allowed file types, it should allow you now

volkerc Posted - 29 July 2020 : 10:11:52
it won't let me upload .txt

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07