Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

volkerc

Germany
156 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2020 :  14:19:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

i hope someone is still out there who can help.
I love the Snitz Forum, and i hate changes. I used to upload images through webform with file upload asp, persits.
Now my hosting company decided to switch to plesk and now my file upload no longer works.
I'm getting the following error:
Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/forum/file_upload.asp, line 16

800401f3
Stupid hosting company says:
We have investigated the issue with your Plesk hosting account and we have found that your site is trying to use scripting that is not supported in the Plesk hosting platform, as it does not have compatibility with Classic ASP. We advise that you update the code in your site to use ASP.NET, which will work within Plesk.

Now what? What can I do? It was very convenient for me to just upload a file with a few clicks and get a url immediately, now it's just a drag.
I want the old Snitz look, and my beloved features?

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2020 :  23:11:09  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi volkerc!

What my son and I are doing are using Microsoft Azure so we can retain the older Microsoft products. It is a learning curve. I let my son handle it for me.

Edited by - Etymon on 23 July 2020 23:11:35
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2020 :  23:14:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Easiest thing would be to tell the hosts to move you to a non-plesk server. If they won't, change hosts.
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2020 :  03:38:16  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I second Carefree on that, but you might be able to implement Snitz MVC and leverage it's upload code as a backdoor approach while still using the classic Snitz. I'm not sure what you are using the upload for. I am not a .NET guy, so I may be not referencing the correct approach on this. I would attempt something like that myself though. You might have a database that you'd rather not move.
Go to Top of Page

volkerc

Germany
156 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2020 :  06:24:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to ll that replied so far. Gonna respond in one post. Moving to a non plesk server is the problem, I was on one, and they took it upon themselves to move me to plesk. Kept telling me everything will be fine, bla, bla. Of course it's not.

Using the file upload to easily upload images to a folder and instantly get a url shown so a huge time saver. since monday life now has become a drag uploading and posting pics. And I need to do that a lot.

Snity MVC, and all the other things mentioned, I'm no computer wizard, not into programming, I can follow instructions, but might be lost if something goes wrong, which is one reason not having switched from that hosting company yet.

Very upset at this point. Everything was cool, but again other people destroying what was build.
Go to Top of Page

volkerc

Germany
156 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2020 :  12:19:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Maybe take a look at this ...

https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001637594-How-to-enable-Classic-ASP-support-for-a-domain-in-Plesk-for-Windows-Server[/quote=Originally posted by Etymon]The Microsoft ASP support is checked off but the upload does not work. The upload works with persits. I contacted them and they told me to contact support and change certain things. But their answer is : We have investigated the issue with your Plesk hosting account and we have found that your site is trying to use scripting that is not supported in the Plesk hosting platform, as it does not have compatibility with Classic ASP. We advise that you update the code in your site to use ASP.NET, which will work within Plesk.
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2020 :  12:29:25  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe take a look at this ...

https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001637594-How-to-enable-Classic-ASP-support-for-a-domain-in-Plesk-for-Windows-Server
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2020 :  12:31:08  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I used these search terms (classic asp and plesk upload) on DuckDuckGo, which gave me this link ...

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffnt&q=classic+asp+and+plesk+upload&atb=v1-1&ia=web
Go to Top of Page

volkerc

Germany
156 Posts

Posted - 25 July 2020 :  05:51:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote][quote]Originally posted by volkerc

https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001637594-How-to-enable-Classic-ASP-support-for-a-domain-in-Plesk-for-Windows-Server[/quote=Originally posted by Etymon]The Microsoft ASP support is checked off but the upload does not work. The upload works with persits. I contacted them and they told me to contact support and change certain things. But their answer is : We have investigated the issue with your Plesk hosting account and we have found that your site is trying to use scripting that is not supported in the Plesk hosting platform, as it does not have compatibility with Classic ASP. We advise that you update the code in your site to use ASP.NET, which will work within Plesk.
[/quote]

Try this ...

https://talk.plesk.com/threads/installation-of-persits-aspjpeg-and-aspupload.106689/
[/quote=Originally posted by Etymon]

I don't have access to the server, it's shared hosting. The support team was given these instructions and they came back with the above reply. I have now complained in written form that i never gave permission to change this hosting. I doubt that they care. Problem is i'm by no means a programmer, switching to another provider therefore will be lots of more work and stress.
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 25 July 2020 :  06:12:44  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by volkerc

Try this ...

https://talk.plesk.com/threads/installation-of-persits-aspjpeg-and-aspupload.106689/
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 26 July 2020 :  08:58:27  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi volkerc,

does your forum work on the plesk server, or is it just uploads that don't work?
If the forum works then it is not an ASP problem (if it was the forum would not work)

what does line 16 of your file_upload.asp look like? my guess is it is trying to use the file scripting object, which is what is probably not supported.

You say "The upload works with persits." if that is the cause it should be simple to change your file_upload.asp to use that rather than the scripting object.

Could you post text copies of your upload.asp file so we can take a look.

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

volkerc

Germany
156 Posts

Posted - 26 July 2020 :  14:56:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Hi volkerc,

does your forum work on the plesk server, or is it just uploads that don't work?
If the forum works then it is not an ASP problem (if it was the forum would not work)

what does line 16 of your file_upload.asp look like? my guess is it is trying to use the file scripting object, which is what is probably not supported.

You say "The upload works with persits." if that is the cause it should be simple to change your file_upload.asp to use that rather than the scripting object.

Could you post text copies of your upload.asp file so we can take a look.
[/quote=Originally posted by HuwR]Hi Huwr,
the forum works. What doesn't work is the webform upload. I think someone here helped me create this, but I can't find the topic anymore. Line 16 in file.upload.asp says : Set Upload = Server.CreateObject ("Persits.Upload")
Not knowing much about programming, Persits seems to be a software that was common on servers? I didn't get the software, so somehow that must have been supported by the hosting company, but no longer? The whole idea basically was to have images upload through a webform which when uploaded gives me the stored location url instantly. And it worked fine for 8 years,....
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 26 July 2020 :  18:04:45  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, then it would appear that persits upload is not installed on your new server or is installed and the permissions on the dll are not correct. Unless you have RDP access to your server there is nothing you can do to fix the proble, only your host can do that.

You could try asking your hosting company if the will install it, I don't know anything about Plesk so no idea if you are able to install it yourself, but I would doubt it.

Go to Top of Page

volkerc

Germany
156 Posts

Posted - 26 July 2020 :  21:04:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Ok, then it would appear that persits upload is not installed on your new server or is installed and the permissions on the dll are not correct. Unless you have RDP access to your server there is nothing you can do to fix the proble, only your host can do that.

You could try asking your hosting company if the will install it, I don't know anything about Plesk so no idea if you are able to install it yourself, but I would doubt it.

[/quote=Originally posted by HuwR]I guess they are giving me the finger. It was elevated all the way to those techs that handle the server permissions. They say it's content, not their problem. Some reps can't believe the response. They know they took a feature away, so it's not content.
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2020 :  17:54:51  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It absolutely is not content it is a server side system dll, how the f**k is that content.

Go to Top of Page

volkerc

Germany
156 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2020 :  18:10:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]It absolutely is not content it is a server side system dll, how the f**k is that content.[/quote=Originally posted by HuwR]Another written response from today. : Thanks for following up. Our older Windows hosting plans were discontinued, and we are transitioning all of our customers to our Plesk based hosting. We did notify all our affected customers and I can confirm that we sent notifications to you regarding this.
As our old hosting service has been discontinued, we are not able reverse this or transition you back to an older hosting plan.
I do apologize if you've had any trouble with your site after the migration. You would need to take action to update any portions of your site that is using older code that may not be compatible with newer versions. This is not something our Support teams would be able to assist with.
^G
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07