Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Announcements
 Announcements: Community
 Modified Classic ASP Release

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Carefree Posted - 04 June 2018 : 00:27:09
Well, think we're finally about bug free; so I'm going to release this to anyone who wants the most versatile and complete forum on the internet. Among other things, it has:

225+ Radio button-controlled modules
100 + Themes
150,000 + database entries
~ 20,000 files (~ 1000 ASP pages)
165 MB programs and images
3.87 GB extras (avatars, audio files, tools, etc.)

The only part that you HAVE to get is "forum.rar". If you decide not to get and use the extras, the forum will detect the missing files and disable those modules.

The tools include database conversion utilities (from Access to MySql or MSSQL).

The nt/ot files are King James Bible (in English) audio files. There are forum interfaces, searches, etc.; which support them.

Thanks to MaGraham (for hosting and bug searching) and Philip Saunders for helping identify bugs.

You will need to change either the database name or config.asp (or both) to protect your forum.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Carefree Posted - 08 March 2019 : 23:53:05
Well, the hosting sites are mostly very slow and/or very confusing. Even those with "premium" memberships seem designed to frustrate users. So I ended up using Microsoft's "OneDrive". Here's a link to get the current release. Again, only the "forum.rar" file is absolutely necessary to run it. The rest pertain to optional modules.
richfed Posted - 04 February 2019 : 17:25:52
Heard about that.
Carefree Posted - 04 February 2019 : 00:48:50
I'll have to find a new hosting site for these files soon, Google Plus is going the way of the buffalo.
Carefree Posted - 29 November 2018 : 23:52:29
Thanks. I have children around me every day, so at least I get to FEEL younger; even if my body doesn't fall for it. LOL
richfed Posted - 26 November 2018 : 19:06:39
I do appreciate ALL of your fine work, I just don't have the courage to try this out. The main thing, though, is I hope that you start feeling better. God bless you.
Carefree Posted - 26 November 2018 : 00:50:47
Among other new things, I got the crossword puzzles and word search games fixed. If you get the puzzles, modify your "web.config" file (under the system.webServer group, add the following):

<staticContent> 
            <mimeMap fileExtension=".crossword" mimeType="application/octet-stream" />
            <mimeMap fileExtension=".wordsearch" mimeType="application/octet-stream" />
        </staticContent>

Altogether, there are some 200,000 + lines of code in 800 + programs. The required forum.rar file has been reduced to appx 135 MB. The bug finders haven't found anything new for a while now, so here's my fingers crossed hoping they're done. I'm getting old, people, my vision is failing and my memory is already a thing of history; so I'm not sure I'll be able to continue development much longer (even if I don't have any more strokes). I hope some of you download this and (if nothing else) play with it. Maybe there will be some who appreciate the effort put into it.
Carefree Posted - 17 September 2018 : 00:24:44
There's a file titled "admin_migrate.asp" which will extract the majority of tables/records from your current database and copy them into the modular one. I wrote it for Access databases, may need a SQL expert to change it for those using MS SQL. Download the newest version, though. Have another 30-40 people testing and we have found and fixed a few more bugs.
pierretopping Posted - 05 September 2018 : 18:56:04
Top man :-)

Will download and play, will it work with my existing Snitz Verizon, or will it only with with vanilla installs ?

Thanks agin,
Etymon Posted - 25 August 2018 : 17:08:24
Thank you!
Carefree Posted - 24 August 2018 : 23:35:40
Done. See your mail.
richfed Posted - 11 August 2018 : 18:49:11
You're the man. Thank you!
Carefree Posted - 11 August 2018 : 07:51:11
Yes, it will work without the other files. NT/OT are Bible audio files, flash are games. I will write you a migration program based on the mods you are using.
richfed Posted - 10 August 2018 : 20:37:06
Thank you. I downloaded forum.rar. tools.rar & avatars.rar. Is that all I need for a fully functioning Snitz Forum? What exactly are the nt.rar & ot.rar files. I get the rest are games, correct? Where would I find the migration page?
Carefree Posted - 09 August 2018 : 23:26:15
quote:
Originally posted by richfed I see no link anywhere to download this. I have a small, access-driven, forum that is pretty much defunct. I would like to implement this over there & tinker with it to see if I could/should use it on my main Mohicans forum. Need something to do in my retirement!!! Show me the way.

Well I had links in the first topic, don't know what happened to them. Here you go:

Google Drive Link
bobby131313 Posted - 02 August 2018 : 21:29:58
quote:
Not sure how they could possibly remain current

They have plugins for all the popular platforms that feeds back to them when accounts are locked. I have not had one robot spammer since implementing the 2.

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07