Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 Need some help testing chat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
muzishun Posted - 16 November 2006 : 02:35:58
I've got the basics of the ASPChat system integrated into my forum. There are still some bugs in it, but I'd like to put it out there for others to take a look and and see if you guys can break it more than I can. The basic functionality is there, but I've done all of that work this evening (in the past four or five hours), so I may have missed something.

http://www.eternalsecond.com/support/chat_chatroom.asp

It's not linked from the main site yet, but you need to be signed in to use the chat room.

Thanks in advance for the help.<
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gibsongk55 Posted - 07 December 2006 : 19:18:40
Still searching.. .still waiting...

I found this site http://www.theill.com/snitzforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=765

for conquer chat and they had a solution though it was posted three years ago.. go figure.

I installed the 4.3 version they tested and it works.

But adding the code to the inc_header.asp they supplied... well snitz forum will not work.

Hmm... this sucks.... anyone can help me the code on the inc_header.asp?

Thanks,

Gibsongk55<
gibsongk55 Posted - 01 December 2006 : 05:37:33
When someone has it worked out could you please post a link to download the chat package and how to include the users online into the snitz forum.

Thank you,
GibsonGk55<
muzishun Posted - 30 November 2006 : 18:51:55
I keep having problems with the application variables, and there's little help to be had with this version of their chat program at the ASPChat site.<
weeweeslap Posted - 30 November 2006 : 16:21:23
I haven't had a problem with the chat script since doing the code changementioned above. have had up towards 40 users in there at once without a glitch, of course I am on a dedicated server so that alleviates many problems of dealing with a host.<
muzishun Posted - 29 November 2006 : 20:50:07
I'm reworking the chat mod to use the ConquerChat program instead of ASPchat, since I haven't gotten much help over at their forums. Hopefully I'll be able to get something together soon, since this is actually for a client, and the deadline is coming up faster than I'd like.<
gibsongk55 Posted - 29 November 2006 : 19:42:47
I would also like to install a chat program that works with snitz. Since yall done all the homework. Does this chat you're talking about work with snitz database to add users? I have x7chat but I am told I can't show users online on snitz forum because it is php. I don't know php or asp.

Anyway if it's worked out here are my questions.

1. where do i get the download and what changes need to be made?
2. Does it work with snitz database or do you have to manually add users?
3. Also how would i put code to show users online on snitz forums on the upper left part of the screen below the logo?

Thanks for all your help in advance,

Gib<
weeweeslap Posted - 22 November 2006 : 19:18:29
on my site, ie7, http://www.weeweeslap.com
sn: snitztest
pwd: test
chat link is under the login button once you are logged in<
muzishun Posted - 22 November 2006 : 18:57:25
Is that on your testing version or at my forum? At my forum, I'm not getting any browser refreshes. Of course, I haven't been able to test in IE6 yet, so that could be the issue, but IE7 and FF are both updating content without refreshing the whole page.<
weeweeslap Posted - 22 November 2006 : 02:25:06
yeah, is it just me but it seems like tha page continue to refresh, unlike all other ajax apps where only the screen is updated, the browser itself refreshes over and over again.<
muzishun Posted - 22 November 2006 : 02:07:48
It seems to work for now. I'll check it again tomorrow and see if it breaks.

Thanks for the catch! I was actually trying to figure out how in the world AJAX worked so I could just build my own chat app. This is a much better way to do it. <
weeweeslap Posted - 22 November 2006 : 01:26:10
in postmessage.asp remove the word preserve from the following line:

ReDim Preserve saryMessages(5, intTempSize)

it's line 296 in my file, I modded mine a bit so it might be the same or lower line than mine. That fixed it in my chat and haven't had any problems so far.<
muzishun Posted - 22 November 2006 : 00:30:37
Marshal, the link you posted is the same place I downloaded version 1. Version 2 isn't yet available. From what I read on their support forums, there's no set date for a version 2 release.

I also don't want to rely on the global.asa file, since I'd like this to work on most any browser with javascript enabled.

I'll keep looking for alternatives. For now, I'm putting ASPChat on the back burner unless anyone finds out what's wrong with their code.<
muzishun Posted - 21 November 2006 : 18:20:36
Yeah, I've looked at ConquerChat. It was just that after reading through some of the topics, it looked like there were more bugs than it was worth. I hadn't read anything over at Theill's forum, though, so I'll see what I can work out with it.<
weeweeslap Posted - 21 November 2006 : 16:22:27
hmm I instaleld this chat and also on the third day it just stopped working with the same error. I restarted the server to see if anything was going on there and same result. Interesting error...<
muzishun Posted - 21 November 2006 : 15:39:48
Well, here is a link to the zip file containing all the files for the chat room. The files for the user panel chat_users.asp and chat_getusers.asp. There seems to be a problem with the application variables being stored properly.

http://www.eternalsecond.com/support/chat.zip

I'm at wit's end here, so any help is greatly appreciated. A post at the support forum for the chat program yielded little help other than (paraphrased) "Looks like it's a problem with your server not storing the application variables. Wait until version 2 comes out (eventually), and try that." Well, this is for a client, so if I can't get this one working, I need to start searching elsewhere for an asp chat room.<

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07