Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 Signature Limit Mod

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sonic Posted - 23 July 2005 : 12:09:06
idea from --> http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=55547

in this mod you can edit the maximal height from the signature anything that is higher will be hidden

to install:

go to admin pannel and add this to the database:

[INSERT]
CONFIG_NEW
(C_VARIABLE, C_VALUE)#('STRSIGMAXHEIGHT', 65)
[END]

open the config.asp and ad this:
search --> Dim strSignatures, strDSignatures,
replase --> Dim strSignatures, strDSignatures, strSIGMaxHeight,
search --> strDSignatures = Application(strCookieURL & "STRDSIGNATURES")
add below --> strSIGMaxHeight = Application(strCookieURL & "STRSIGMAXHEIGHT")

open admin_config_features.asp and ad:
(you may modificate it because i speak german!)
ad after --> Err_Msg = ""

if Request.Form("strSIGMaxHeight") = "" then
Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "max. Signaturhöhe fehlt<br>"
elseif IsNumeric(Request.Form("strSIGMaxHeight")) = False then
Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "max. Signaturhöhe muß eine Nummer sein<br>"
elseif cLng(Request.Form("strSIGMaxHeight")) = 0 then
Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "max. Signaturhöhe darf <FONT class=font4>nicht 0</FONT> sein<br>"
end if

add after the allow signature option (in the middle of the page):
(You may modificate it because i have a other design of the page!)
<TR>
<TD><FONT class="font1">Max. Signaturen Höhe:</FONT></TD>
<TD colspan=2><FONT class="font0"><input type="text" name="strSIGMaxHeight" size="3" maxLength="3" value="<% = chkExistElse(strSIGMaxHeight,65) %>"> Pixel</FONT></TD>
</TR>

and at last open topic.asp:
search --> <font color=""" & strForumFontColor & """ face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>" & formatStr(Reply_MemberSig) & "</span></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _

replace --> <font color=""" & strForumFontColor & """ face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><div style=""max-height: " & strSIGMaxHeight & "px; height: expression( this.scrollHeight > " & strSIGMaxHeight & "? '" & strSIGMaxHeight & "px' : 'auto' ); overflow:hidden;""><span class=""spnMessageText"">" & formatStr(Reply_MemberSig) & "</span></div></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _

search --> <font color=""" & strForumFontColor & """ face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><span class=""spnMessageText"">" & formatStr(Topic_MemberSig) & "</span></div></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _

replace --> <font color=""" & strForumFontColor & """ face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><div style=""max-height: " & strSIGMaxHeight & "px; height: expression( this.scrollHeight > " & strSIGMaxHeight & "? '" & strSIGMaxHeight & "px' : 'auto' ); overflow:hidden;""><span class=""spnMessageText"">" & formatStr(Topic_MemberSig) & "</span></div></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _

this code work with netscape, mozilla, and with IE :-)
it is a little script... and can be modificated too...<
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
laser Posted - 04 October 2006 : 22:14:54
Interesting concept maduko, I've never seen it used though.

Do you really mean once per thread, or once per page - where a thread can have multiple pages ?<
maduko Posted - 02 October 2006 : 08:14:27
I would like to restrict the signature from showing more than once in a thread. Other boards use this approach and it seems like a good idea.<
Sonic Posted - 11 July 2006 : 14:37:47
"
%>

<TR>
<TD colspan=2><FONT class="font0"><input type="text" name="strSIGMaxHeight" size="3" maxLength="3" value="<% = chkExistElse(strSIGMaxHeight,65) %>"> Pixel</FONT></TD>
</TR>

<%
Response.Write "
<
mra Posted - 30 May 2006 : 02:34:46
Any chance someone could show me where the following code goes in admin_config_features?

<TR>
</TR>

cheers,
Matt<
laser Posted - 14 September 2005 : 17:24:13
That fixed it

I had removed everything except for the include statement for the minmax javascript file, works fantastically now <
Sonic Posted - 14 September 2005 : 13:32:03
hi laser in your Forum the Signatures are:
<DIV style="OVERFLOW: hidden; WIDTH: auto; HEIGHT: auto; max-height: 110px; maxHeight: 110px; minmaxWidth: auto; minmaxHeight: auto" minmax_bound="true"><SPAN class=spnMessageText minmax_bound="true"><FONT size=1 minmax_bound="true">SIGNATUR TEXT</FONT></SPAN></DIV>

mine looks like:
<div style="max-height: 110px; height: expression( this.scrollHeight > 110? '110px' : 'auto' ); overflow:hidden;""><span class="spnMessageText">SIGNATUR TEXT</span></div>

you have many things twice
and some other javascript running --> minmax....

for my script you only need the lines mentioned on the 1st post...<
laser Posted - 14 September 2005 : 10:45:16
I know where you're heading, but try these two things to check that it's the DIV and not the TR with the "top" image in it :

1. Click on the page and press Ctrl-A, the DIV gets highlighted as a block.
2. Place the mouse pointer just to the left of the "top" image (I used the very last post on the page - by fordlover). Then click and drag upwards to the HR that separates the post from the sig. Again, the DIV gets highlighted.

That's why I think it's the DIV. I can see the space the TR is using, but that's only 20 pixels high.<
MarcelG Posted - 14 September 2005 : 10:25:40
I've tried to show in the screenshot below what I think that's causing it.

The darker grey part is the table row used to position the 'go to top' image, and takes up a lot of space.
<
laser Posted - 14 September 2005 : 10:05:06
yeah, but there's still something more. I have removed tobes' br, but look at fordlover (bottom of the page), I think it's the DIV but I'll check the code.<
MarcelG Posted - 14 September 2005 : 09:20:39
aha, I see what the issue is.
Tobes has prefixed his sig with a [br], that's 1.
But, there's another thing. The 'go to top' icon is in it's own table row....
I fixed that issue at oxle, but by default, it's on a different line as the sig (just as here at Snitz).<
laser Posted - 14 September 2005 : 09:02:44
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12292

SETON_FPR5 & tobes have one line sig's

<
MarcelG Posted - 14 September 2005 : 08:54:47
quote:
Originally posted by laser

I'm still getting some small (1 liner) sig's taking up WAY too much room. I have strSIGMaxHeight set at 110, which is what I want.

Can you provide me with a page to look at ? I might be able to help out<
rasure Posted - 14 September 2005 : 07:13:46
quote:
Originally posted by laser

I'm still getting some small (1 liner) sig's taking up WAY too much room. I have strSIGMaxHeight set at 110, which is what I want.

I must admit I'm not having this problem with this mod installed. Nice piece of work btw<
laser Posted - 14 September 2005 : 07:06:10
I'm still getting some small (1 liner) sig's taking up WAY too much room. I have strSIGMaxHeight set at 110, which is what I want.<
laser Posted - 13 September 2005 : 17:37:09
Must have been an optical illusion, or I was looking at the wrong sig's <

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07