Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 Chat chat chat :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2021 :  18:56:54  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, I have been a "Classic" Snitzer for 20 years now. My how time flies, you know?

So I thought that I would like, chat, about Snitz stuff ... MODs I like, don't like, could like ... as well as Snitz base code I like, don't like, could like, etc.

Any takers?

Like, I wish SnitzBitz could have a "search" feature to make it much easier to find the code I want. I have even thought about making a MOD that searches the MODs in their title and descriptions just for that purpose.

In my own code, I have created stuff similar to that, but since I have not released it (because I dislike the tedious process of making help files), then who would know?

As it is though, there are some MODs on SnitzBitz that I really like. Some are ready to go. Some need tweaking.

A novel MOD is that DKP MOD (which is not listed on SnitzBitz by the way - I found the code on Snitz Forums long ago when it was available). It needs some tweaking in the code in the download, but the idea is pretty neat. I can't say that I have used it yet. I can say that it is in the back of my mind to use it.

Edited by - Etymon on 30 June 2021 18:58:34

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4206 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2021 :  20:50:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not familiar with the DKP mod. Send me a copy and maybe I can package it for 3.4.03, etc. for you.
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2021 :  23:22:46  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carefree

I'm not familiar with the DKP mod. Send me a copy and maybe I can package it for 3.4.03, etc. for you.

Cool! Thank you, Carefree!

DKP stands for "Dragon Kill Points". There are two MODs for it that work together. I had to go searching for the second MOD last year. I found it though. It turned out to be a dbs_ file to add bosses to the MOD. There are raids and then raid bosses.

The MODs are to work in conjunction with a game such as "World of Warcraft" (WoW).

I had to modify the primary MOD to get it to work from what I remember. It seemed like an unfinished MOD to me when I got into it.

As far as I can tell, there is just one reference to the MOD (the second MOD that goes to it) here on Snitz in the archives:

https://forum.snitz.com/classicforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=60892&SearchTerms=DKP

Edited by - Etymon on 01 July 2021 21:36:25
Go to Top of Page

Cliff
Average Member

United States
501 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2021 :  18:39:09  Show Profile  Visit Cliff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I'm about 20 years too. Snitz was the first forum I used. I still visit here because I miss the good ole days of this site. :)

https://squarewheelscycling.com/

https://www.pathlabtalk.com/
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2021 :  21:17:20  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff

I think I'm about 20 years too. Snitz was the first forum I used. I still visit here because I miss the good ole days of this site. :)

Well, I would like to see it revived. I think it is a good forum software package that deserves to live and not die!

Do you still work with the forum software?
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2021 :  21:18:23  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You actually are older here than I am, Cliff, by 2-3 months!

Hi Gramps!
Go to Top of Page

Cliff
Average Member

United States
501 Posts

Posted - 02 July 2021 :  12:26:49  Show Profile  Visit Cliff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]You actually are older here than I am, Cliff, by 2-3 months!

Hi Gramps! [/quote=Originally posted by Etymon]

Sadly, I moved away and use IPB for three of my sites.

https://squarewheelscycling.com/

https://www.pathlabtalk.com/
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 02 July 2021 :  16:51:26  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's understandable. Snitz was really just a code tweakers thing anyway. It was fun in the early days for sure!
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4206 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2021 :  18:17:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Etymon: ... So I thought that I would like, chat, about Snitz stuff ... MODs I like, don't like, could like ... as well as Snitz base code I like, don't like, could like, etc.

Any takers?[/quote]Sure. If there's a mod you dislike because of a flaw, maybe we can fix it. The same goes for mods you COULD like, if only ....

[quote]Etymon ... Like, I wish SnitzBitz could have a "search" feature to make it much easier to find the code I want. [/quote]Did that for the modular version.

I never played WoW, never was interested. So the mod doesn't press any of my buttons - but I have no problem making it 3.4.07 compatible, etc. The files you sent were actually fairly well done, notable exception was hard-coding the "forum_" prefix for tables. There was a reason for making it a variable.
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2021 :  20:01:00  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]Etymon ... Like, I wish SnitzBitz could have a "search" feature to make it much easier to find the code I want.[/quote]

There is a beta MVC update of snitzbitz which has a search :)

http://snitzbitz.reddick.co.uk/Mods/Search

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2021 :  07:02:30  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Super cool, Huw!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07