Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 Chat chat chat :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Etymon Posted - 30 June 2021 : 18:56:54
Oh, I have been a "Classic" Snitzer for 20 years now. My how time flies, you know?

So I thought that I would like, chat, about Snitz stuff ... MODs I like, don't like, could like ... as well as Snitz base code I like, don't like, could like, etc.

Any takers?

Like, I wish SnitzBitz could have a "search" feature to make it much easier to find the code I want. I have even thought about making a MOD that searches the MODs in their title and descriptions just for that purpose.

In my own code, I have created stuff similar to that, but since I have not released it (because I dislike the tedious process of making help files), then who would know?

As it is though, there are some MODs on SnitzBitz that I really like. Some are ready to go. Some need tweaking.

A novel MOD is that DKP MOD (which is not listed on SnitzBitz by the way - I found the code on Snitz Forums long ago when it was available). It needs some tweaking in the code in the download, but the idea is pretty neat. I can't say that I have used it yet. I can say that it is in the back of my mind to use it.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Etymon Posted - 10 July 2021 : 07:02:30
Super cool, Huw!
HuwR Posted - 09 July 2021 : 20:01:00
[quote]Etymon ... Like, I wish SnitzBitz could have a "search" feature to make it much easier to find the code I want.[/quote]

There is a beta MVC update of snitzbitz which has a search :)

http://snitzbitz.reddick.co.uk/Mods/Search
Carefree Posted - 09 July 2021 : 18:17:11
[quote]Etymon: ... So I thought that I would like, chat, about Snitz stuff ... MODs I like, don't like, could like ... as well as Snitz base code I like, don't like, could like, etc.

Any takers?[/quote]Sure. If there's a mod you dislike because of a flaw, maybe we can fix it. The same goes for mods you COULD like, if only ....

[quote]Etymon ... Like, I wish SnitzBitz could have a "search" feature to make it much easier to find the code I want. [/quote]Did that for the modular version.

I never played WoW, never was interested. So the mod doesn't press any of my buttons - but I have no problem making it 3.4.07 compatible, etc. The files you sent were actually fairly well done, notable exception was hard-coding the "forum_" prefix for tables. There was a reason for making it a variable.
Etymon Posted - 02 July 2021 : 16:51:26
That's understandable. Snitz was really just a code tweakers thing anyway. It was fun in the early days for sure!
Cliff Posted - 02 July 2021 : 12:26:49
[quote]You actually are older here than I am, Cliff, by 2-3 months!

Hi Gramps! [/quote=Originally posted by Etymon]

Sadly, I moved away and use IPB for three of my sites.
Etymon Posted - 01 July 2021 : 21:18:23
You actually are older here than I am, Cliff, by 2-3 months!

Hi Gramps!
Etymon Posted - 01 July 2021 : 21:17:20
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff

I think I'm about 20 years too. Snitz was the first forum I used. I still visit here because I miss the good ole days of this site. :)

Well, I would like to see it revived. I think it is a good forum software package that deserves to live and not die!

Do you still work with the forum software?
Cliff Posted - 01 July 2021 : 18:39:09
I think I'm about 20 years too. Snitz was the first forum I used. I still visit here because I miss the good ole days of this site. :)
Etymon Posted - 30 June 2021 : 23:22:46
quote:
Originally posted by Carefree

I'm not familiar with the DKP mod. Send me a copy and maybe I can package it for 3.4.03, etc. for you.

Cool! Thank you, Carefree!

DKP stands for "Dragon Kill Points". There are two MODs for it that work together. I had to go searching for the second MOD last year. I found it though. It turned out to be a dbs_ file to add bosses to the MOD. There are raids and then raid bosses.

The MODs are to work in conjunction with a game such as "World of Warcraft" (WoW).

I had to modify the primary MOD to get it to work from what I remember. It seemed like an unfinished MOD to me when I got into it.

As far as I can tell, there is just one reference to the MOD (the second MOD that goes to it) here on Snitz in the archives:

https://forum.snitz.com/classicforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=60892&SearchTerms=DKP

Carefree Posted - 30 June 2021 : 20:50:38
I'm not familiar with the DKP mod. Send me a copy and maybe I can package it for 3.4.03, etc. for you.

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07