Help: Mail Configuration
 Aspemail
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nick Feakes

98 Posts

Posted - 12 June 2020 :  14:24:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Due to problems with CDOSYS I have changed to Aspemail. We have also moved to a secure server so we now have an https address.
To ensure aspemail was setup correctly on the server I created a test script as per the aspemail online manual with the mail.username and mail.password added using the email and password as in the domain list then uploaded the script to the server and ran it. Emails sent from that script to my personal email address arrive almost instantly in my inbox.
I added objNewMail.username and objNewMail.password to inc_mail.asp
Emails sent from the website receive the "Mail sent" but do not arrive (test email config and emails sent to myself).
I cannot access the server email logs nor the error message logs, I have asked for permission to access the error logs but no response yet.
I have tried to see the email variables but if I add any code to write to a text file in inc_mail.asp the website fails to load, why is that?
I am obviously doing something stupid but have run out of ideas.
Nick

A little progress! I changed the email address in inc_mail and the "Test email config" now sends me an email but emailing myself still does not work.

It seems to be working now, the mail ended up in my junk mail folder but it did arrive.

Edited by - Nick Feakes on 12 June 2020 16:26:48

Nick Feakes

98 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2020 :  01:16:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spoke a little too soon. The email test and emails to myself work but nothing from my subscriptions. I have enabled them in Feature configuration and in the individual forums (both set to forum level). I see the subscribe / unsubscribe icons but no emails arrive.
Any ideas?
Nick
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2020 :  22:12:19  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That sounds like it is probably a sender issue or something like that, In the inc_mail.asp under the aspemail section, make sure these values are set as below

objNewMail.From = strSender
objNewMail.AddReplyTo strFrom

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

98 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2020 :  12:43:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Huw. I checked those lines and they both looked perfect but I deleted them and re-wrote them. The subscription system suddenly started working but I no idea why.
Thank you and the rest of the team for all your help and such an excellent program.
Nick
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2020 :  14:06:50  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's computers, weird **** happens

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07