Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

vrossi
Starting Member

Italy
15 Posts

Posted - 25 September 2006 :  09:56:44  Show Profile  Visit vrossi's Homepage
Thanks to all the Snitz team for this new release.

Since I have installed several mods, I have downloaded the version containing the changed files since v3.4.05.

I always mark all the changes I make to the standard code with a special comment, so it was relatively easy to update the new version with my mods.

I have installed it in a Test Forum and it seems to be working fine.

Only one question:
quote:
Changed the default option to NOT use the drop down box when searching for posts by a member.

I understand this can be useful for Forums which have thousands of members. However, I prefer to keep the listbox. I couldn't find any way for the user to choose if the listbox must be ON or OFF.

I couldn't find any parameter about this in the Admin Options. The only way I found to change the default is to edit SEARCH.ASP and change line 43 from strUseMemberDropDownBox = 0 to strUseMemberDropDownBox = 1.

It would be very nice if this option were selectable directly by each user.

Thank you
<

Vittorio
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20580 Posts

Posted - 25 September 2006 :  10:07:11  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
well, the whole point of the option is to relieve strain on the server, and users are really not the people who should be making that decision<
Go to Top of Page

vrossi
Starting Member

Italy
15 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2006 :  05:18:43  Show Profile  Visit vrossi's Homepage
I think one of my users has got a bug. It's related to the new function
When logged in, user name now shows correct case as when you signed up

Try this:

1. Register with username "PippoKing" (or other name containing upper and lowercase)
2. Create new topic -> OK
3. Go back and edit the same topic. You get the following error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'rs'

/TestForum/post.asp, line 642

I believe the error comes from line 620 of post.asp, where you compare strAuthor with MemberID, and maybe one variable is case-sensible and the other is not, so MoveTopicAllowed is incorrectly set to "0".

if (mLev = 4) or (mLev = 3 and strMoveTopicMode = "0") or ((mLev = 3) and (strMoveTopicMode = "1") and (strAuthor = MemberID)) then
MoveTopicAllowed = "1"
else
MoveTopicAllowed = "0"
end if

Then the program follows the "else" branch here and maybe the rs variable is not initialized:

if MoveTopicAllowed = "1" then
else
strSql = strSql & " AND F.FORUM_ID = " & rs("FORUM_ID")
end if

I repeated the same steps using another user all lowercase ("pippoking") and it worked correctly.

Hope this may help.

<

Vittorio

Edited by - vrossi on 26 September 2006 05:23:23
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2006 :  05:24:37  Show Profile
Please see here: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=62792

And this is not the topic to post problems you are having with the forum. We have an entire Help forum catered to helping members with errors and an entire Bug Reports forum catered to members finding bugs in the code.

Please utilize these forums next time you run into a problem with your forum. Thanks.<

Support Snitz Forums

Edited by - Davio on 26 September 2006 05:26:58
Go to Top of Page

vrossi
Starting Member

Italy
15 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2006 :  05:38:33  Show Profile  Visit vrossi's Homepage
Sorry. Thank you for the link.

I downloaded from here the new version and didn't check for known bugs.

You can delete my previous post, if you wish.

Thank again
<

Vittorio
Go to Top of Page

Eric Coleman
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2006 :  10:51:49  Show Profile
There seem to be some stuff missing from the changed file zip, http://forum.snitz.com/specs.asp. I got no further than looking at "active.asp" when I realized that the function "chkForumAccessNew" called on line 231 was not in any of the files in the zip archive. The missing file for that particular function seems to be "inc_func_secure.asp." I'm posting this because it's often easier to add updates to only files that have changes between snitz versions intead of having to reinstall loads of mods.<
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2006 :  10:54:13  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Eric Coleman
I'm posting this because it's often easier to add updates to only files that have changes between snitz versions intead of having to reinstall loads of mods.
That's exactly what that zip is for; it contains only those files that have been changed since v3.4.05 was realeased - no changes to inc_func_secure.asp so it's not in there. Download the full version if you need the all the forum files.

<

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page

mangran
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2006 :  22:19:43  Show Profile  Send mangran an ICQ Message
I hope you'll forgive me.... It's late and I'm tired but I need a quick answer if anyone has it.....

A long while back there was a problem with some setups of Windows Server 2003 that would cause problems with session variables. I fixed the problem by basically changing all session variables to cookies.

I know I wasn't the only person with this problem. Was it ever dealt with (either by Microsoft or Snitz)?

Or will upgrading to this version mean I have to go through that whole process again?
<
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2006 :  22:54:38  Show Profile
You would have to go through the whole process again, I'm afraid.<

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

tuttostranieri

53 Posts

Posted - 04 October 2006 :  17:33:02  Show Profile  Visit tuttostranieri's Homepage
Hi :)

I have some problem with the function update forum counts on my upgraded installation....

I have checked the forum and i think that all is working fine but when i click on update forum counts the screen freeze on the :"Updating Counts Step 1 of 5

Topics: ................................................
"

no errors will showed olso after 20 minutes.

On the old version all is working fine, the procedure end in 5 minuts (35 mb database on my sql)

Can you help me ???

THX :)<

www.tuttostranieri.it
www.tuttostranieri.org
admin@tuttostranieri.it
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 04 October 2006 :  19:36:25  Show Profile
I think there is a help forum somewhere on this site. Oh wait, there is, right here: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=111

But that's only if you need help. Do you need help tuttostranieri?
If you do, then you know where to go. <

Support Snitz Forums

Edited by - Davio on 04 October 2006 19:36:59
Go to Top of Page

tuttostranieri

53 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2006 :  12:17:36  Show Profile  Visit tuttostranieri's Homepage
THX :)<

www.tuttostranieri.it
www.tuttostranieri.org
admin@tuttostranieri.it
Go to Top of Page

mpmackenna
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 28 November 2006 :  09:42:33  Show Profile  Visit mpmackenna's Homepage
I am looking for step by step instructions to upgrade using "just changed files version" of 3.4.05-->3.4.06. I don't have any mods that I am aware of and I haven't changed the code. I just want to update to the new version in the most simple and stable fashion. I figured there must be some instructions for just this basic type of upgrade, but I have yet to locate them. Would someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks, Mike<
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 28 November 2006 :  09:46:22  Show Profile
Check the readme.html file that came with your download.<

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

mpmackenna
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 28 November 2006 :  09:49:25  Show Profile  Visit mpmackenna's Homepage
I new it had to be in front of my face somewhere... thanks for the tip.<
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07