Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help Groups for Snitz Forums 2000 Users
 Help: General / Classic ASP versions(v3.4.XX)
 Allow users to delete posts with replies?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Watty
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2003 :  07:41:58  Show Profile
Hi,

I posted this in the Mod help forum, but maybe should have posted it here? Sorry for cross-posting!

I'd like to implement Snitz Forums on our Intranet for use as a staff noticeboard, allowing sales and want notices to be posted.

However, as items are sold I would want the authors to delete the postings but it appears that normal users can't delete topics to which replies have been posted, which might well happen.

A solution to this would be either
a) to disallow replies to posts (although I'm not clear how we could do that), so that the original posters can delete their posts when a sale is acheived, OR
b) to allow topic originators to delete their posts even if there have been replies.

I suspect (but you might tell me I'm wrong!) that the latter might be easier to achieve.

Can anyone provide assistance is modding the code to achieve either secanrio (a) or (b), please?

Thanks
<

Watty

Kat
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2003 :  07:53:24  Show Profile  Visit Kat's Homepage
Continue here: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=41763

"Sorry for cross-posting" is not the best thing to put - simply do not cross post thanks - you will get replies if you wait a while.<

KatsKorner

Installation Help | Snitz Mods | Forum Hosting
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07