Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2002 :  06:36:38  Show Profile
Poll Mod Version: 2.0.5
Current Author: Davio
Original Author: Slemieux
Last Modified: April 09, 2002
For Snitz Version: 3.4.03

Finally the poll mod is ready for the 3.4 version. This version is a new and upgraded version from the pervious ones. With new features and lots of bug fixes. View the list of changes I have made in the list below. I hope everyone enjoys the new poll mod as much as I enjoyed working on it (yeah right).
Thanks for your patience.

Ease of Installation (1-Hard, 10-Easy): 4

Downloads:
3.4 Version
Main Link: http://www.snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=76
Updated Files Only: http://www.snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=76

Demo: http://www.dsilvera.com/forum/

April 09
Version 2.0.5
- Fixed bug with active polls and admin polls page. Polls that had no votes didn't show up.
- Fixed minor bug on topic.asp file.
- Fixed bug in UpdateVote() sub, when using different table names.
- Updated adctive polls page, so it works the same way as the active topics page.
- Added feature on active polls, that shows which poll is for members only.

January 07
Version 2.0.4
- Fixed bug with new feature from previous release. Bug allowed users to vote more than once.

January 04
Version 2.0.3
- Added admin option to enable/disable users to view poll results before they vote.
- Fixed bug when admin locked a Category/Forum/Topic the poll will automatically be locked too. Each poll will have to be locked individually.

INSTALLATION/UPGRADE:
Please read the READ_ME_FIRST.txt file that is included. It also includes a FAQ section to common questions that you might ask about the mod.

SUPPORT:
If you have any problems please post them in the Help: MOD Implementation forum. DO NOT ASK FOR HELP OR POST YOUR ERROR MESSAGES IN THIS TOPIC!!

Poll Mod Add-On!
Also check out the Site Poll Mod. It allows you to put your featured forum poll on your website.
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40335<

Edited by - Davio on 09 April 2003 12:26:46

Naveed

Norway
85 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2002 :  06:42:13  Show Profile  Visit Naveed's Homepage
cool Davio, I'll test it right away!<
Go to Top of Page

wii
Free ASP Hosts Moderator

Denmark
2632 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2002 :  14:30:56  Show Profile
Thanks Davio - I added the code to my Free Asp Hosts forum - works perfectly !!! Great work.<
Go to Top of Page

Coder_1999
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2002 :  16:18:04  Show Profile  Visit Coder_1999's Homepage  Send Coder_1999 a Yahoo! Message
Excellent!!! Downloaded. I will get it installed by tomorrow.

Thanks for all the hard work Davio!<

Coder
"It it weren't for on-line gaming, I could till be using a 286!"
Go to Top of Page

Marlark
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2002 :  16:18:37  Show Profile
Hi Davio

I added the poll code to my site and it seamed to work very good until i noticed that if you have a poll and instead of pressing vote you do a View Results it gets marked voted for that account... and the account didnt do a vote....

Possible bug could someone confirm the problem in base code!!!

// Marlark<
Go to Top of Page

Marlark
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2002 :  16:26:42  Show Profile
Hi Davio i can confirm the above problem!!!!

I tested on your Demo Site and it do exact same thing there !!!

// Marlark<
Go to Top of Page

VodkaFish
Average Member

USA
654 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2002 :  18:04:11  Show Profile  Send VodkaFish an AOL message  Send VodkaFish an ICQ Message  Send VodkaFish a Yahoo! Message
Davio - I d/led it and it looks great. Good readme file, I'm about to go do some coding A request: any code changes you make, if you could post them here (besides updating the files) since a bunch of us probably can't write over the files. Thanx a lot <

v ø d k â f ï § h
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2002 :  18:33:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Marlark

Hi Davio

I added the poll code to my site and it seamed to work very good until i noticed that if you have a poll and instead of pressing vote you do a View Results it gets marked voted for that account... and the account didnt do a vote....

Possible bug could someone confirm the problem in base code!!!

// Marlark

When you press the "Vote Results" button, it logs it as an anonymous vote. It's like an empty vote. It is not counted. This prevents users from seeing the poll results before they vote. But still allows them to view the results, even if they don't want to participate in the poll.

Thanks guys for the compliments. Glad to see you install it without any errors.<

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

Raziel

97 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2002 :  20:27:03  Show Profile
quote:

Thanks guys for the compliments. Glad to see you install it without any errors.

Well, you said it...

Compliments, you have mine as well, however I have a problem.

I am running a Snitz 3.4.01 version of this forum, and tried to install it. It alle went well, and I made it to the Poll Configurations in the Admin area.

But when I tried to go into any of my forums I got the following message:

-------------------
Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript compilation (0x800A03EA)
Syntax error
/My-forum/forum.asp, line 927
Function LastPostLink()

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Q312461; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)
-------------------

... please do help?<
Go to Top of Page

sy
Average Member

United Kingdom
638 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2002 :  21:01:52  Show Profile  Visit sy's Homepage  Send sy a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Raziel

quote:

Thanks guys for the compliments. Glad to see you install it without any errors.

Well, you said it...

Compliments, you have mine as well, however I have a problem.

I am running a Snitz 3.4.01 version of this forum, and tried to install it. It alle went well, and I made it to the Poll Configurations in the Admin area.

But when I tried to go into any of my forums I got the following message:

-------------------
Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript compilation (0x800A03EA)
Syntax error
/My-forum/forum.asp, line 927
Function LastPostLink()

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Q312461; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)
-------------------

... please do help?

Why enter your errors here in this topic when Davio has clearly stated there are other areas to post requests for help?

It will make it less confusing both for Davio and other users when they come to search out an answer.

Quote Davio

If you have any problems please post them in the Help: MOD Implementation forum. DO NOT ASK FOR HELP OR POST YOUR ERROR MESSAGES IN THIS TOPIC!!

Can we keep this thread for suggestions and discussion of the features of this mod? (and of course praise for Davio's work )

Sy<

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails

Go to Top of Page

auditude
Starting Member

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2002 :  21:07:46  Show Profile
Great MOD.. had no problems getting it installed as prescribed!<
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2002 :  21:32:57  Show Profile
sy,

I have often thought it would be best to lock topics in this forum, because any errors should only be discussed in the Help: MOD Implementation forum.<
Go to Top of Page

favorini
Starting Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2002 :  23:43:12  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Davio

When you press the "Vote Results" button, it logs it as an anonymous vote. It's like an empty vote. It is not counted. This prevents users from seeing the poll results before they vote. But still allows them to view the results, even if they don't want to participate in the poll.

I think I am missing something here. Users can't see results before they vote, but they may view results before participating. This seems contradictory. When you say participate are you referring to something other than voting?

-Fran
<
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  00:03:38  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
I think I am missing something here. Users can't see results before they vote, but they may view results before participating. This seems contradictory. When you say participate are you referring to something other than voting?

The way I understand it is if they view the poll results before they vote, they void their chance to vote.
<
Go to Top of Page

favorini
Starting Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  00:20:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by alex042
The way I understand it is if they view the poll results before they vote, they void their chance to vote.

Gotcha. This is a much clearer way to say this. Might want to update the feature list to this wording. Also, it would be nice to have a per poll option that says users may vote even after they view results. In fact, I'd be inclined to make this the default, but that's just me. I'm having trouble thinking of many cases where it really matters.

-Fran
<
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  00:47:55  Show Profile
Thanks Sy. <

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07