Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

ROB

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  01:43:08  Show Profile  Visit ROB's Homepage  Send ROB an AOL message  Send ROB an ICQ Message  Send ROB a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by favorini
[brAlso, it would be nice to have a per poll option that says users may vote even after they view results. In fact, I'd be inclined to make this the default, but that's just me. I'm having trouble thinking of many cases where it really matters.
I agree. I would prefer to allow users to see the results before voting (if they're so inclined).<

Jeff (ROB) Hester
BigBlueNetwork | BigBlueBall | Christian Church Today
Go to Top of Page

Marlark
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  06:26:43  Show Profile
Got a future idea for you davio and that would be the option of doing lets say multiple choices on a poll lets say 2+ selections on a vote.

Lets say you have a poll that have 15 enties in it but you should be allowed to put 3 of the entries on your poll vote.

// Marlark<
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  08:04:41  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ROB

quote:
Originally posted by favorini
[brAlso, it would be nice to have a per poll option that says users may vote even after they view results. In fact, I'd be inclined to make this the default, but that's just me. I'm having trouble thinking of many cases where it really matters.
I agree. I would prefer to allow users to see the results before voting (if they're so inclined).

FYI

This was discussed in-depth before the MOD was released and the concensus was that people would be influenced by what they see, not what they feel. Kinda like going along with the group instead of voting what you think. So this was not a random choice by Davio. He followed the wishes of the majority. If there are good reasons to make a change, it should be an option set by the admin per poll, as I believe is being suggested.

Again, just to let you know the history of why the Poll MOD went this way.

Mike
<
Go to Top of Page

Tmpj

Denmark
467 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  09:13:45  Show Profile
Nice Work Davio!<
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  12:00:09  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
Had a little conflict with my previously installed Message Icons & Events MODs, but after a bit of struggle, all's working.

GREAT feature improvements, Davio! Thanks for the long hours!<

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

claus_mikkelsen
Starting Member

Denmark
48 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  13:15:08  Show Profile  Visit claus_mikkelsen's Homepage
Hi
I havei nstalled your Poll Mod on my site. It seems that all files have been modyfied. But Where is the control, so that I can produce the actual polls... I mean: In which file did I miss something.

The only option I have got on my topic pages is to make new topics.. And when I hit that option it produces the normal form for writing a topic...

Best
Claus<

This posting have been created entirely by recycled bytes!
Go to Top of Page

Airborne
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  13:54:41  Show Profile
Im having the same problem I see the poll settings in my admin menu and I have them turned on but still dont see the poll icon.

http://www.nchsfootball.com/snitz/

Any clues what I missed<
Go to Top of Page

Bookie
Average Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  14:15:42  Show Profile  Visit Bookie's Homepage  Send Bookie an AOL message  Send Bookie a Yahoo! Message
Make sure you read the instructions very carefully to find out how to create polls. Hint: it has something to do with the forum properties.<

Participate in my nonsense
Go to Top of Page

Raziel

97 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  14:17:03  Show Profile
Yeah Yeah... ease up guys... I'm sorry that I posted it inhere... - The Mod may delete it. I would have done it myself, but that would have been rude, now that you all have commented on it, and quoted... And of course, because I can't remember my password... hehe... so I can't delete my posts. I'm only able to write because of the cookies...

But hey, Davio - Great Mod! I managed to work it out and It's working alright... !

A Job well done!<
Go to Top of Page

Airborne
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  14:27:10  Show Profile
Bookie thanks I think I had read that thing about 40 times this morning and saw that everytime but for some reason wanted to go to admin opitions rather than forum properities.

thanks<
Go to Top of Page

sy
Average Member

United Kingdom
638 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  19:31:55  Show Profile  Visit sy's Homepage  Send sy a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Davio

Thanks Sy.

No worries, it doesn't seem to have worked though..

Sy<

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails

Go to Top of Page

mark
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  20:33:04  Show Profile  Send mark an ICQ Message
I cant find the link where i can add poll... I installed and i didn't encounter any problem.. But i can't find the link to add poll in forum.asp and topic.asp.... Help...<

im the king of the world
Go to Top of Page

Bookie
Average Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  20:39:43  Show Profile  Visit Bookie's Homepage  Send Bookie an AOL message  Send Bookie a Yahoo! Message
Read the instructions carefully. I'll give you a hint: forum properties.<

Participate in my nonsense
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  20:49:01  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Davio:

SUPPORT:
If you have any problems please post them in the Help: MOD Implementation forum.
DO NOT ASK FOR HELP OR POST YOUR ERROR MESSAGES IN THIS TOPIC!!

<
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  22:03:36  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by RichardKinser

quote:
Originally posted by Davio:

SUPPORT:
If you have any problems please post them in the Help: MOD Implementation forum.
DO NOT ASK FOR HELP OR POST YOUR ERROR MESSAGES IN THIS TOPIC!!

Geez!!

Richard I think that text needs to be bigger. I can bet they are going to miss your post still. I will enlarge it in my first post. They just never follow instructions. <

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07