Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 11 July 2002 :  07:31:08  Show Profile
OK, well after trying to convert the Who's Inside Mod to work with Active Users 4.x and failing miserably (thanks for the help, Crash), I decided to have a bash at writing my own Mod which would use the AU4 table. All the coding is done in the empty cell below the "folder" links at the top of forum.asp (approx line 306 in a "clean" version of v3.3.05). If anyone could be kind enough to have a look at the code & tell me where it could be improved , I'd be grateful.

You can grab a text file of the code from http://www.tvthemetunes.net/forum/zip/whoshere.txt and there's a demo working on my forums at http://www.tvthemetunes.net/forum/forum2.asp?FORUM_ID=1.

What it does is get all users (members, guests & anonymous) from the Active Users table who are viewing forum.asp & topic.asp within a specific forum and inserts them in a string. It also writes the forum's moderator(s) above that, using the listforummoderators function in inc_functions.asp.

It really needs some work on the number of calls it makes to the datbase and to make it pick up users on post.asp so, if you can help, please shout up.

Once it's working a little better, I'll package it up as a MOD complete with dbs and admin options.

c ya in the funny books
MeTV - tvthemetunes.net - forums
house of design - graphic design consultants

"No one can earn a million dollars honestly."

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 11 July 2002 :  10:20:17  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
didn't we get the AU4 mod to work?

Crash's Site | Crash is from
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 11 July 2002 :  12:24:36  Show Profile
quote:
didn't we get the AU4 mod to work?

Nope, I was going about it the wrong way completely, trying to reconstruct the FORUM_ONLINE table from AU3, when I should have been rewriting the code within the MOD to work off thye FORUM_ACTIVE_USERS table from AU4. I tried doing the latter, but it just made my head hurt , so I decided it'd be easier just to start from scratch myself. As you can see it doesn't require quite as much coding as the original, although I am a bit worried about the number of calls to the database.

c ya in the funny books

Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2002 :  09:30:19  Show Profile
Sorry to "bump" this but I'd like to do some work on it over the weekend. Anyone had a chance to look at the code yet?

c ya in the funny books

Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2002 :  11:59:27  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
This is what I've been trying to get working for ages!

Nice one!

Can't wait till its fully done!

Btw, I love the colour scheme of your site! Do you use themes? If so, would it be possible to send me the code for that one?

Thanks!

Oli

MortiOli Site | MortiOli Forum

Edited by - mortioli on 12 July 2002 12:01:27
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2002 :  12:26:36  Show Profile
quote:
This is what I've been trying to get working for ages!

Nice one!

Can't wait till its fully done!

I'd say it's gonna be a while until it's ready for realease, this is my first time writing a MOD of this complexity so I'm sure there's a good few bugs in it. The most obvious one is that the SQL statement I use to grab users from the FORUM_ACTIVE_USERS table does not pick up users on post.asp or users on forum.asp & topic.asp if the Query String contains anything other than FORUM_ID or TOPIC_ID. I thought I'd managed to work around that by using LIKE in the where clause. Oh, well, just gonna have to look at it in a bit more detail.

quote:
Btw, I love the colour scheme of your site! Do you use themes? If so, would it be possible to send me the code for that one?

Thanks, man! I'm not using themes but here are the Hex Codes it you're interested:

Page Background Green: #003333
table backgrounds: black
Main Green: #7cc72f
Secondary dark green: #5aa50d
main text colour: white
Secondary text colour: #ffaa07

c ya in the funny books

Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2002 :  17:26:27  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Cheers mate! I know a few members who will love that colour scheme!

Oli

MortiOli Site | MortiOli Forum
Go to Top of Page

HarshReality

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 13 July 2002 :  07:01:44  Show Profile  Visit HarshReality's Homepage  Send HarshReality an AOL message  Send HarshReality an ICQ Message  Send HarshReality a Yahoo! Message
1. Do you have the modification working on topic.asp as well as forum.asp

2. What version of AU are you using?

Anti Social Personality
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2002 :  04:59:02  Show Profile
quote:
1. Do you have the modification working on topic.asp as well as forum.asp

It doesn't show up on topic.asp, but it does pick up users on that page and display them on forum.asp

quote:
2. What version of AU are you using?

I'm using version 4.0.05.

Got any ideas to get around the problems in my previous post? I looked at the WHERE clause a couple of times over the weekend but can't for the life of me see why it won't work properly. I'd appreciate any insight you may have.

c ya in the funny books

Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2002 :  07:49:04  Show Profile
quote:
...the SQL statement I use to grab users from the FORUM_ACTIVE_USERS table does not pick up users on post.asp or users on forum.asp & topic.asp if the Query String contains anything other than FORUM_ID or TOPIC_ID.

WUH-HOO! I think I've got it working now. All I needed to do was apply the Chkstring function to the variables I was checking for in the WHERE clause. I'm sure there's one or two more bugs in it, but I'm getting there. To look over the code I'm using, please download this text file.

EDIT:The text file has been updated to reflect some changes I made this afternoon.

c ya in the funny books

Edited by - MeTV on 15 July 2002 12:26:01
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 16 July 2002 :  12:30:34  Show Profile
For those of you interested, you can now download a beta version of this Mod complete with dbs and edits to admin pages from the link below.

http://www.tvthemetunes.net/forum/zip/MeTVs_Whos_Here_Mod.zip

The commented text file has aslo been updated if you need to have alook at exactly what's being done.

Once a few people have had a chance to look over it and report any bugs or glitches, I'll release a final version in the Mod Add-On (W/ Code) Forum.

17-06-02: Updated to fix a minor glitch with anonymous users

c ya in the funny books

Edited by - MeTV on 17 July 2002 07:11:26
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2385 Posts

Posted - 16 July 2002 :  17:28:00  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage
quote:

For those of you interested, you can now download a beta version of this Mod complete with dbs and edits to admin pages from the link below.

http://www.tvthemetunes.net/forum/zip/MeTVs_Whos_Here_Mod.zip

Awesome! Can't wait to see how you did it.

Etymon

Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 17 July 2002 :  07:16:06  Show Profile
The zip and text files have been updated to fix a minor glitch involving Anonymous Users.

quote:
Awesome! Can't wait to see how you did it.

Etymon, the text file contains a fully commented version of this MOD, so you can see exactly how it works.

c ya in the funny books

Edited by - MeTV on 17 July 2002 07:17:27
Go to Top of Page

MDGamezz

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2002 :  00:04:51  Show Profile  Send MDGamezz an AOL message  Send MDGamezz an ICQ Message
I still have a glitch with anonymous users.

Maybe we can duplicate the problem on your end.
What I've noticed is, as long as you have allow anonymous users function turned on in active user config every thing works as planned.
Members can update their profile and the change is reflected on forum.asp .
Now leave a members profile set to anonymous.
As admin turn the allow anonymous (active users config) feature off.
What I've been getting is the user is still shown as anonymous even though the feature was turned of in active users config.

It appears to call the last setting in the members profile regardless if you've turned off anonymous users in active users config..

MDGamezz
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2002 :  04:48:42  Show Profile
quote:
It appears to call the last setting in the members profile regardless if you've turned off anonymous users in active users config..

Is this a problem you'r having with the Active Users Mod itself (i.e. on active_users.asp) or with the Mod above (i.e. on forum.asp)? If it's the former, please post your query in the Help: MOD Implementation Forum. If it's the latter, thanks for pointing it out, I'd completely overlooked that issue. I'll rectify it as soon as I get a chance.

c ya in the funny books

Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2002 :  12:11:21  Show Profile
I have made the following changes to the ZIP and text files:

1) Anonymous users no longer show up if you have them turned off in Admin Options.

2) Admins & Moderators now show up in the colours you have specified in Admin Options.

3) The whole Mod has been enclosed in a four cell table for alignment purposes.

c ya in the funny books

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07