Very Simple - Effective Poll MOD
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shep

74 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2001 :  22:19:06  Show Profile
I am new to this so please be kind

I was looking for a very simple Poll MOD that would only let one vote/per IP /per Poll and that could easily be added to the forum. I FOUND IT! The Poll is called Weekly poll and it is all ASP - it can be found at http://www.surf-net.co.uk/default.asp.

You can view my implimentation at http://www.calvarycentral.org/CGI-BIN/snitz (DEMO)

This poll comes complete with admin.htm for creating each new poll and the only thing I edited from the snitz files was the inc_top.asp - which I would be more than happy to send to any of you.

Hope this helps some of you.
Shep

Edited by - Shep on 19 May 2001 22:19:54

e3stone
Average Member

USA
885 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2001 :  23:35:53  Show Profile  Send e3stone an AOL message
Very cool. I don't care too much for the scroll, plus that's <iframe>'s which aren't supported by all versions of Netscape....however, that can easily be changed.

<-- Eric -->

http://insidewaco.com/forum/home.asp
Go to Top of Page

Shep

74 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2001 :  01:02:36  Show Profile
If you made the text smaller - you may be able to get rid of the scroll. And I agree - I think you can most likely replace the <iframe> with an include!

Shep

Go to Top of Page

swatijain
Starting Member

48 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2001 :  01:27:51  Show Profile
Demo link doesn't work for me!

2 Minutes Later: Third attempt..worked! Sorry ab't that.

Edited by - swatijain on 20 May 2001 01:29:30
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 09 June 2001 :  17:52:13  Show Profile
Shep, you want to share with me on how you implemented that? Are you checking the users ip to see if they have voted before?

Go to Top of Page

Shep

74 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2001 :  16:15:09  Show Profile
quote:

Shep, you want to share with me on how you implemented that? Are you checking the users ip to see if they have voted before?

Sorry Davio - for some reason the forum doesn't send me messages when someone replies even though I have it checked.

I have since gone with the Snitz poll - just easier to maintain. Answer to your question is that the poll came with that ability. I was just calling it with and include, but I had to update the respective asp page with the current poll id each time I did a new poll. It worked and looked good but the Snitz was just simpler to maintain.

Shep

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07