Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 MOD: Snitz Calendar Addons (Print & Email)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2001 :  02:46:31  Show Profile
SNITZ CALENDAR ADDONS

Print Event [ zip file ]
Email Event [ zip file ]

Demo: http://www.writermag.com/forum/events.asp?event_id=46

I don't know if these have been done yet or not, but for anyone who is interested, the two zip files provided here will provide a printer friendly page for an event and the other will allow a member to email an event to a friend. This is for use on the Snitz Calendar by Aznknight.

To reference the files, add the following code in where the event description is displayed, which on one file was about line 853 in events_functions.asp.

response.write("<a href=""javascript:openWindow4('pop_printer_events.asp?event_id=" & Rs("Event_ID") & "')"">Print Event</a>")

response.write("<a href=""javascript:openWindow4('pop_email_events.asp?event_id=" & Rs("Event_ID") & "')"">Email Event</a>")

The files are based upon two other files from the forum which have been modified to be used for events. I would greatly appreciate it if these files could be supported by someone who is using the Snitz Calendar because my calendar has some significant modifications and it's hard to keep up with the original version.

Thanks,
--Dave

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2001 :  02:59:26  Show Profile
BTW, just a heads up, the two files do not take into consideration private events since I didn't have a requirement for using private events on my site. That should be a simple enough modification tho'.

Go to Top of Page

blackinwhite
Average Member

Turkey
657 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2001 :  10:28:02  Show Profile
I wonder wheter it is possible to email an event to all members?

Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2001 :  11:20:56  Show Profile
quote:

I wonder wheter it is possible to email an event to all members?

Admin only? I sure would hate to give the average user the tools to spam the rest of the community for every new event they add.

Go to Top of Page

blackinwhite
Average Member

Turkey
657 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2001 :  11:34:16  Show Profile
quote:

Admin only? I sure would hate to give the average user the tools to spam the rest of the community for every new event they add.

you're right, I didn't consider this, is it possible to make such a feature for admin then?

Edited by - blackinwhite on 15 May 2001 11:38:46
Go to Top of Page

seven

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2001 :  12:02:32  Show Profile  Visit seven's Homepage
I would love to see your code for your calendar... love the interface.
Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2001 :  15:42:05  Show Profile
quote:

I'm glad that you liked it! Thanks!

In regards to releasing the code, the tables used by the calendar are structured differently than the Snitz Calendar, I'm utilizing SQL Server stored procs, and I've stripped out some items like private events. It would take a lot of time to try to put a lot of that stuff back in.

What I'll probably do is look at releasing various pieces (functionality) of the calendar and how it can be integrated into the Snitz calendar. Since I'm not using the same calendar it would be great if someone could pick up this code and work on integrating it into the Snitz Calendar - checking for the private events, mySQL, etc.

I think it would be better this way so there isn't multiple calendar mods floating around.

Go to Top of Page

seven

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2001 :  15:54:54  Show Profile  Visit seven's Homepage
I can work on it if you would like. I want to get my Snitz feet wet. Can you send me your base DB and ASP to start?

quote:

quote:

I'm glad that you liked it! Thanks!

In regards to releasing the code, the tables used by the calendar are structured differently than the Snitz Calendar, I'm utilizing SQL Server stored procs, and I've stripped out some items like private events. It would take a lot of time to try to put a lot of that stuff back in.

What I'll probably do is look at releasing various pieces (functionality) of the calendar and how it can be integrated into the Snitz calendar. Since I'm not using the same calendar it would be great if someone could pick up this code and work on integrating it into the Snitz Calendar - checking for the private events, mySQL, etc.

I think it would be better this way so there isn't multiple calendar mods floating around.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07