Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Bookie
Average Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2001 :  11:40:24  Show Profile  Visit Bookie's Homepage  Send Bookie an AOL message  Send Bookie a Yahoo! Message
quote:

Rob, simonduz. Bookie,

Could anybody make a step by step plan? I am bit confused right now. This forum topic is getting to big to handle. But I need this mod very very badly.

I got stuck with changing the sql query code.

Bookie is it possible to get your code maybe? I would appreciate it.

Cheers, and Snitz on!!

Z-Man

I've posted my copy of the updated content.asp page at http://www.bookfamily.net/forum/content.txt

This is the most recent page with the fixed sql statement for Access versions. Hope this helps!

I'll let Rob do the honors of starting a new topic when he is ready.

Bookie

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your home."
- George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2001 :  13:08:17  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
quote:

Rob, simonduz. Bookie,

Could anybody make a step by step plan? I am bit confused right now. This forum topic is getting to big to handle. But I need this mod very very badly.

I got stuck with changing the sql query code.

Bookie is it possible to get your code maybe? I would appreciate it.

Cheers, and Snitz on!!

Z-Man

If you are not an ASP programmer, and you have not installed (successfully) the earlier version, then I suggest that you wait until I post Version 2 -- which will be when I get the database stuff done... hopefully this weekend.

If Bookie and Simonduz, can test as many of the Display Modes and parameter settings as they can, I'd appreciate knowing that the SQL/Access issues have been taken care of once and for all!!!

Cheers!

Rob Poretti
Sascom Marketing Group ~ Toronto
vox.905.825.5373 fax.905.825.5960
Go to Top of Page

z-man
Starting Member

Netherlands
41 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  08:58:28  Show Profile
It almost works. I have to install the message icon mod and than it will be perfect. Thanks for the support!! When is version 2 to be released?

Go to Top of Page

simonduz

161 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  10:12:11  Show Profile  Visit simonduz's Homepage  Send simonduz an ICQ Message  Send simonduz a Yahoo! Message
Could someone else that is testing this MOD provide me with an example of their content.asp file. I think I screwed up the colspan when I edited the image paths and table borders. I have display mode 7 enabled.
I have compared the original copy with my edited copy and cannot find the problem yet.
You can see the problem on my test site.
Thanks,
Simonduz

http://easyromantic.webbhost.net -[test site]-
yada, yada.
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  10:26:41  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Nice site Simonduz!

Yes it does look like an HTML problem of somekind... if you exhaust your search in the content.asp (btw, why don't you just re-download the one posted here), then start looking elsewhere...

The problem may be in the calling page itself...

Good luck...

z-man,

Glad you got it working! Version 2 some time this weekend (I hope!)...

Cheers!

Rob Poretti

Edited by - Rob Poretti on 07 July 2001 10:30:26
Go to Top of Page

simonduz

161 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  11:38:02  Show Profile  Visit simonduz's Homepage  Send simonduz an ICQ Message  Send simonduz a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the compliment. Alot of work for a person that has never worked with ASP before.
quote:
The problem may be in the calling page itself...

I was just confirming my suspicions. I am working with the latest version. I use UltraEdit to compare files line by line and the only thing I had changed was the table BG, cellspacing, and added <%= strGraphicsPath %> to rest of the images that supported it. Weird. If anybody else has used display mode 7 with success please post an example.
Thanks
Simonduz

yada, yada.
Go to Top of Page

simonduz

161 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  15:19:54  Show Profile  Visit simonduz's Homepage  Send simonduz an ICQ Message  Send simonduz a Yahoo! Message
All is working again. Very nice.
One change though if someone can tell me where it goes.
There needs to be a <br> between the end of the posted message and the signature file.
Simonduz

yada, yada.
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  16:16:12  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Well, thats a tricky one...

Normally I think there is, but it depends on how you decide to "write" the message... Unfortunately (at least for now), you can't have your cake and eat it too! What you display in your message is up to you. The SafeMode parameter determines this. Here they are:

SafeMode: Specifies string processing using specific functions.
0 = Return EXACTLY what is in the database with no processing whatsoever
1 = Use FormatStr function which is a little safer but keeps most of the formating.
2 = Use CheckStr function which is what is used in the post.asp file
3 = Default: Use my new StripAll function which removes all forum code and html tags.
4 = Use the stripForumCode function -- removes only Forum Code
5 = Future: Custom Function

If you use 2, it looks just like a post in your post.asp page -- and you should get a <br> tag. The problem is, that if you happen to have the MessageLength to anything but zero, and you don't have control on whom is making the posts, then you can inadvertantly "truncate" your message in the middle of an html tag (or forum code) and have some very unpredictable results.

Now... if someone would like to build a function that checks that the MessageLength does not cut a message in the middle of any tag by rounding it off to the "whole" word prior to that tag, then you would make a whole lot of people happy...any takers???

Cheers!

Rob Poretti

Edited by - Rob Poretti on 07 July 2001 16:16:52
Go to Top of Page

Deleted
deleted

4116 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  18:09:03  Show Profile
quote:

I mainly posted the new version for Bozden to deal with the Access issues and for you to "look" at the table structures. I don't want to debug anything else right now -- sorry -- otherwise I wouldn't have posted it until it was ready! I just thought it might be more efficient to work in parallel, and I didn't forsee any more changes in the SQL statements.

Bozden is obviously busy with other things right now, so lets just wait...

Hi everybody. I had to leave the city for a couple of days, and I'm back. But I have a board meeting tomorrow, and it's 1:15 am here. I'll give it a try tomorrow night. But as far as I understand people helped each other here, and the problem is corrected.

Rob, simonduz, Bookie... Is it OK? Do you want me to look at more specific things?

Think Pink
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  21:01:27  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Seems that the Access thing is resolved...

Should have version 2 out by Monday. (Version 2 is what has been recently posted, but with an editor that stores templates in a SQL/ACCESS database.)

Cheers!

Rob Poretti
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  21:07:26  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:

Seems that the Access thing is resolved...

Should have version 2 out by Monday. (Version 2 is what has been recently posted, but with an editor that stores templates in a SQL/ACCESS database.)

Cheers!

Rob Poretti

Rob, when you release your v2, could you let me know so we can lock this topic, it is very long.

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  21:19:25  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Agreed... that was planned!

Rob Poretti
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 11 July 2001 :  01:34:24  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Well, it's nearly done... I just need to add a warning dialog for the DELETE function and do some final I'll post it in a new topic. If you want to look/play around here is the link. http://64.225.137.179/Cube-Tec_Forums/content_test.asp

Please don't delete ALL the templates -- I haven't trapped for no records yet!

Cheers!

Rob Poretti
Go to Top of Page

z-man
Starting Member

Netherlands
41 Posts

Posted - 11 July 2001 :  02:31:55  Show Profile
Rob this is really cool!!!!! When will this be released?

Go to Top of Page

simonduz

161 Posts

Posted - 11 July 2001 :  07:29:51  Show Profile  Visit simonduz's Homepage  Send simonduz an ICQ Message  Send simonduz a Yahoo! Message
Rob this is really impressive. It has been worth the wait. I have one more question. Can more than 1 content include be on a page?
I attempted this with errors so I was not sure if there is a trick to it or it just cannot be done.
Thanks,
simonduz

yada, yada.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07