Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Toreador
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2001 :  04:44:14  Show Profile
Hmm,. noone is replying back. Please share with us your knowledge and script. Hae been looking for this for quite some time andhave only had failures. Please enlighten us!

Go to Top of Page

krillin47
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 14 August 2001 :  13:59:34  Show Profile
Where would the global.asa file be??? One didn't come with the Forum, and I don't really know where I'm supposed to look for it. If you can, let me know. Thanks

http://www.not-found.net/
Go to Top of Page

Toreador
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 14 August 2001 :  19:08:50  Show Profile
The file comes with the older version of the forum or you can just create a text file called global.asa and put the lines in that the forum requires. Put it in the root of your web directory and all should be fine.

Go to Top of Page

stupidity
Starting Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 14 August 2001 :  20:07:17  Show Profile  Visit stupidity's Homepage
quote:

There's a really nice Conquor Chat mod called CoolCafe (www.coolcafe.ca) It's feature rich, and works well enough for an asp based chat.

I use it elsewhere on my site, but the author has promised Snitz integration. However, it's gone a bit quiet on that front. I left a message in his forum a couple of days back, maybe a few more emssages of support would move it up his to-do list a bit

Just visited his sites forum and someone called JackG has convinced him to post the code for integrating chat into snitz system below is a transcript of the last 3 posts in his support forum

pdupuis
Cmon.... no bug?? Posted 8-14-2001 00:46

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hum... Are you sure you have tested it :D

Here is how the integration is done. There is no DB modification in Snitz or CoolCafé. All data required by CoolCafé is replicated in its own database when a user register in Snitz. When a user is deleted or when a user change its profile in Snitz, the information is carried over in the CoolCafé database. To maintain data integrity, there is an option in CoolCafé where you can specify that data management is done externally. This disable all user data management functions in CoolCafé. So both database are always synchronized (well thats how its suppose to work).

To achieve this we need to put some pieces of code in the Snitz modules where user data is managed (you will be surprise to see how little code is required). My main concern is that I never use Snitz and I am not sure that there is not some hidden functions somewhere where user data can be modified that I didn't see.

So if there is some of you who knows Snitz very well I need you to try every possible ways to modify/delete a user and verify that the modification are also done in CoolCafé.

After that, I'll release the code.

Pierre Dupuis

JackG [guest]
What you ask is difficult to do Posted 8-14-2001 11:08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What your asking us to test is difficult to do without giving everyone admin abilities, as only an administrator can delete a user. I would also imagine most, if not all of us have MOD's to our version(s) of Snitz and are quite accomplished at getting things to work.

The easiest method would be for you to release the code and allow some of the more competant people on the Snitz side help you squish any bugs that appear, believe me when I say a LOT of people are waiting for an integrated chat of the caliber of Cool Cafe and any bugs would soon be overcome by a general release of the code

pdupuis
Fair Posted 8-14-2001 15:45

Ok.. I'll release later today the "alpha" code for you guys that want to test it and polish it. I am asking for only one thing. Please return to this forum to report any bugs so that I can fix them and publish a final "supported" version of this integration.

Please note that the current version of CoolCafé does not support SQL Server (but you could have Snitz on SQL and CoolCafé on Access). The only reason is that when I coded CoolCafé I didn't know some of SQL Server restrictions for field names. For those of you who knows ASP you can easily find these field names and change them in the db and in the code to support SQL Server. This is fix in the next release coming this fall.

Hopfully our prayers will be answered soon

Peter
aka Stupidity
http://www.eurobility.comEuroBility.com
Go to Top of Page

stupidity
Starting Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 15 August 2001 :  16:26:09  Show Profile  Visit stupidity's Homepage
Alpha code available for integrating cool cafe chat into snitz is available here http://coolcafe1.community.everyone.net/commun_v3/scripts/directory.pl check it out and post comments, bugs, fixes on his forum so he can produce a better integration

Peter
aka Stupidity
EuroBility.com
Go to Top of Page

stupidity
Starting Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2001 :  15:54:58  Show Profile  Visit stupidity's Homepage
A bit of testing required,

I've installed Cool Cafe Chat and itegrated it into the snitz system, making alterations to the Alpha integration code as required.

Everything seems to be working (although there are a few wrinkles to be ironed-out) now I need a few people to test it out by joining the development forum (which is a copy of my main site) and logging in accessing the chat, changing password & sex and attempting to log back in....you know the score people

The site uses the email password mod so you'll have to wait a couple of mins for your password and IGNORE the chat link on the top menu, the link to cool cafe appears after you login, other features may not work as I have left the old settings for the main site, if after a couple of days the site is unavailable visit the main site listed in my profile as I will of installed it there and deleted this temp site

Test Site http://forums.kcws.co.uk/forum/default.asp

See you there

Peter
aka Stupidity
EuroBility.com
Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2001 :  17:35:20  Show Profile
stupidity, your chat test site is not working.

The cool cafe chat's home page is also not working, looks like their server is down. I couldn't download that file.

Go to Top of Page

stupidity
Starting Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2001 :  18:07:54  Show Profile  Visit stupidity's Homepage
quote:

The cool cafe chat's home page is also not working, looks like their server is down. I couldn't download that file.

sorry group of people online when you visited, only connected with single ISDN line, did'nt notice you login, you have to login to find the right chat link, it's in the lower of the 2 menus

I checked the stats, seems everyone was going to the chat system that is a copy of the one on the main site I've removed that link...You MUST join the site and LOGIN before the chat link will appear the site uses the email password mod so you will receive your password by email...when you log in another menu will appear and the link to cool cafe chat is on that menu

Peter
aka Stupidity
EuroBility.com

Edited by - stupidity on 16 August 2001 19:49:09

Edited by - stupidity on 16 August 2001 19:50:21
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2001 :  02:39:38  Show Profile
Could you make a guest account, so we could test the chat without having to register?

Morpheus73 - morpheus73@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

stupidity
Starting Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2001 :  05:01:06  Show Profile  Visit stupidity's Homepage
quote:

Could you make a guest account, so we could test the chat without having to register?

Morpheus73 - morpheus73@hotmail.com

The idea is to test integration with the snitz database, making sure new members can login after signing-up & after new and old members alter their profile do the changes affect login etc.

If I set-up a test user on the system all that is being tested is the chat....which already works!

I sent a list of changes to the Alpha Code to make it work, to Cool Chat's author you can download the alpha code & read my comments here http://coolcafe1.community.everyone.net/community/scripts/topics.pl?NodeID=302545&ClientID=383518 and if you wish install the script, but then you'll be like me...wondering if it will work correctly when a bunch of web novices sign-up or will it crash the whole system and take out the database

Sorry, once it's been tested I'll post the set-up details under a new topic and add a test account for people to use on the test site http://forums.kcws.co.uk/forum/default.asp

Peter
aka Stupidity
EuroBility.com

Edited by - stupidity on 17 August 2001 07:33:15
Go to Top of Page

tomasalsbro
Average Member

Sweden
818 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2001 :  05:41:22  Show Profile  Visit tomasalsbro's Homepage
quote:

quote:

sorry group of people online when you visited, only connected with single ISDN line, did'nt notice you login, you have to login to find the right chat link, it's in the lower of the 2 menus

I checked the stats, seems everyone was going to the chat system that is a copy of the one on the main site I've removed that link...You MUST join the site and LOGIN before the chat link will appear the site uses the email password mod so you will receive your password by email...when you log in another menu will appear and the link to cool cafe chat is on that menu

Peter
aka Stupidity
EuroBility.com

Edited by - stupidity on 16 August 2001 19:49:09

Edited by - stupidity on 16 August 2001 19:50:21

well stupidity - I have run the chat and tested and everything seems OK. I have not found any bugs or problem at all. I run in English and Danish mod.
Cheers / Tomas

!-Keep distance in traffic-!
www.whiplash.se
www.whiplash.pp.se
Go to Top of Page

pdupuis
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2001 :  12:25:44  Show Profile
Tried it... works well... looks cool

Pierre
http://www.coolcafe.ca

Go to Top of Page

simonduz

161 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2001 :  08:16:08  Show Profile  Visit simonduz's Homepage  Send simonduz an ICQ Message  Send simonduz a Yahoo! Message
Stupidity,
I see over at the Cool Cafe support forum that pdupuis plans
on releasing an updated *.zip this weekend. Do you know if
this version will be "the" version for us to download and use.
Or do you have a different version running that you are going
to share?
Thanks,
Simonduz

http://easyromantic.webbhost.net -[test site]-
http://www.mygahanna.com -[new project]-
yada, yada.
Go to Top of Page

enkabe
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2001 :  11:31:15  Show Profile
For Conquerchat users:

There is a new MOD/ online chatters by Martha2Mary

See:
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=&TOPIC_ID=15499

Well the good news is. Martha2Mary's solution inspired me to do the following.

I renamed default.asp to chat.asp . In chat.asp right under
<!-- #include file="constants.inc" -->

I've put this piece of code.

========

<!--#INCLUDE FILE="config.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_functions.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_top.asp" -->
<%
if strDBNTUserName = "" then
doNotLoggedInForm
end if
if strDBNTUserName <> "" then
username = strDBNTUserName
end if
%>

========

Users have to login befor they are allowed to chat.

The bad news is, It is still showing (0) users in the chat room.

But I'm half way there, I will look into it later.

Go to Top of Page

stupidity
Starting Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2001 :  13:47:15  Show Profile  Visit stupidity's Homepage
quote:

Stupidity,
I see over at the Cool Cafe support forum that pdupuis plans
on releasing an updated *.zip this weekend. Do you know if
this version will be "the" version for us to download and use.
Or do you have a different version running that you are going
to share?
Thanks,
Simonduz

http://easyromantic.webbhost.net -[test site]-
http://www.mygahanna.com -[new project]-
yada, yada.

To be honest I've been very busy and havn't taken much interest in either forum (Site & Family illness problems), but reading your question I popped over to Cool Cafe forum and reported 3 bugs.

Bottom line, I've been using Cool Cafe on my main site (demo/test site closed) for about a week using the code modifications to the Alpha code I reported in Cool Cafes forum, other than 3 minor irritations the system seems to work quite well, taking into account my site has been continually plagued with problems and it hasn't had the testing I had hoped for.

I have also asked if there are to be any changes to the modified alpha code and like yourself await his reply.

Hope this helps

Peter
aka Stupidity
EuroBility.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07