Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Therion93

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2001 :  17:53:08  Show Profile  Send Therion93 an ICQ Message
I'm getting the exact same errors as bart but I use a DSN connection.

Therion93
Because Legends Never Die! - Kiss-Forever.Net - HuwR's SR4 Release
Go to Top of Page

Marino
Starting Member

Canary Islands
42 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2001 :  20:13:58  Show Profile  Send Marino an ICQ Message
quote:

I'm getting the exact same errors as bart but I use a DSN connection.

Therion93

Probably your DSN is built using Access Driver as provider. My ISP builds DSN automatically for me (I cant do anything about it) and it build the DSN using DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)} and I cant use that DSN. I need to specify the full connection string.
Try to use the full conection string instead DSNs.

Marino
Go to Top of Page

Marino
Starting Member

Canary Islands
42 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2001 :  20:34:57  Show Profile  Send Marino an ICQ Message
To be more specific about the problem:

in this sentence:
CREATE TABLE Site_Cats( CatID int COUNTER NOT NULL , ParentID smallint NOT NULL , IMG text (100) NULL , Title text (100) NOT NULL , CatDesc memo NULL , Hits int NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, Forum_ID smallint NULL , Template smallint NULL )

The red part is the conflicting one. JET 3.5 (the one Access driver uses) doesn't support specify default values in a create table query (yes, you can create it using Access UI, but Microsoft did the trick here), and to specify an autonumber you can't put int COUNTER, just COUNTER. With JET 4.0 (Access 2000 and JET.OLEDB) now you can specify both things in a query (and a lot more).

All of this have to be with JET 3.5 being a subset of SQL-89 with some extensions from SQL-92 and JET4.0 having a higher subset of SQL-89 and more from SQL-92.

I know this doesn't solve your problem, but at least you know why it fails

Marino
Go to Top of Page

Therion93

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2001 :  22:01:07  Show Profile  Send Therion93 an ICQ Message
Any chance anyone would send me a blank database that's already setup for this mod? It would be much easier than trying to get my hosting service to update drivers.

Better yet, could someone just tell me exactly how to manually configure the database. I know how to do it I just need the table/field specifics because I can't decipher them from the setup file. I'd prefer to do it this way...if someone could be so kind...thanks!

I would REALLY appreciate it!

Ok I got the database setup but now I'm having some other difficulties. I want to look through this entire thread before I ask about them though

Therion93

Edited by - Therion93 on 26 April 2001 22:27:00
Go to Top of Page

Brent Trevel

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2001 :  23:04:40  Show Profile  Visit Brent Trevel's Homepage
Therion93,

E-Mail me with the details of your problem and your requests and I will help you out.

Sincerely,

Brent Trevel,
Combat Intelligence
www.combatintelligence.com
Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2001 :  11:47:08  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
You still working on the newlinks.inc and bestratedlinks.inc? I've still never been able to get mine to function, just hoping you didn't quit on it cause I love that feature.

Go to Top of Page

nsenff
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2001 :  20:07:40  Show Profile  Visit nsenff's Homepage  Send nsenff an ICQ Message  Send nsenff a Yahoo! Message
The portal keep son trying to redirect to a file called download.asp ... I don't have said file ... any idea where I could get it?

Go to Top of Page

Brent Trevel

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2001 :  02:39:20  Show Profile  Visit Brent Trevel's Homepage
nsenff,

The redirect.asp page handles redirection based on the LinkType that you specified. You will either need to change the linktype or edit the redirect.asp page.

Sincerely,

Brent Trevel,
Combat Intelligence
Go to Top of Page

gpxl01
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2001 :  14:28:13  Show Profile
Brent-

I've rerun setup.asp and the colors for the resources.asp page have been updated, but the colors for all the pop-up windows are still the old scheme. Suggestions?

-gpxl.

Go to Top of Page

Brent Trevel

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2001 :  18:12:45  Show Profile  Visit Brent Trevel's Homepage
quote:

Brent-

I've rerun setup.asp and the colors for the resources.asp page have been updated, but the colors for all the pop-up windows are still the old scheme. Suggestions?

-gpxl.

Aha! I was waiting for someone to notice this! Because all the include files are stored in the Forum/include directory they will still use the old colors. Once again, this is a result of how to forum colors are loaded into application variables. Copy the setup.asp page into the /include folder and edit the "include" line that points to the Forum/Config.asp page to point to ../Config.asp instead. (looks like below)
<!--#include ... blah -->

Or, because only admins will see the include pop-up pages you can simply not worry about it and wait until the server's app vars are reset...

New version of this mod coming soon...

Sincerely,

Brent Trevel,
Combat Intelligence
Go to Top of Page

gpxl01
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2001 :  19:41:44  Show Profile
So do I win a prize or something for finding that?

BTW: Members other then the admin WILL see the popups since one is used to submit a new resource.

Keep up the good work.

-gpxl.
HopUps WRX Club

www.hopups.com

Go to Top of Page

gpxl01
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2001 :  02:22:47  Show Profile
So,.. are there files missing from the d/l of this mod? It looks like only external links work and I'm missing the files used for projects, downloads, etc.

Go to Top of Page

Brent Trevel

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2001 :  03:54:53  Show Profile  Visit Brent Trevel's Homepage
I'm afraid this was not explained very well in the zip file. Because this mod was designed for my own site and I later modified it to be released to everyone in the snitz community there are some features that you will not need or use. The redirect.asp page points to files that are specific to my own site and can be considered only examples of how to use the functionality of this page. Basically, you can create a type of resource on your site, for example MP3 downloads and redirect the user to a specific page based on what sort of MP3 link they clicked.

More info will be available in the next release...

Sincerely,

Brent Trevel,
Combat Intelligence
Go to Top of Page

gpxl01
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2001 :  17:38:43  Show Profile
No problemo. I took a look at the code and found where to fix that problem for my site. I figured I'd ask anyway just to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Go to Top of Page

tteal

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2001 :  13:17:27  Show Profile  Visit tteal's Homepage  Send tteal an AOL message  Send tteal an ICQ Message
Can someone help me implement this on my site possibly? I host this site (Snitz) and a few others and would love to have a generic "portal" so I can manage my content alot easier.

Tks.

Cheers,
Tim

http://www.free-guestbook.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07