Page: of 16

Gremlin
General Help Moderator

New Zealand
7528 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2001 :  02:04:08  Show Profile  Visit Gremlin's Homepage
Doh, make that 1 down 2 to go :(

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80020009'

Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

/forums/default.asp, line 0

Go to Top of Page

Gremlin
General Help Moderator

New Zealand
7528 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2001 :  09:18:37  Show Profile  Visit Gremlin's Homepage
hmm, the first error i posted I get when i try to edit any topic now (i can edit replys ok) so it looks like its a similar problem to the first one you solved for me richard. I just still for the life of me can't see where the problem in the construction of the query is (assuming that is the problem).

Second error I posted I get when I switch on feature poll and refresh default.asp

Cheers.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2001 :  11:41:44  Show Profile
I would guess it has something to do with the sql statement being built. Since I can't/couldn't test this on an sql server, didn't know there would be a problem with it until someone tried it.

I will update the mod with the changes if Rich can find out the bugs with the it.

Go to Top of Page

Gremlin
General Help Moderator

New Zealand
7528 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2001 :  11:56:57  Show Profile  Visit Gremlin's Homepage
I'm guessing thats it too. Although im still scrathing my head as to why the changes Richard suggested before worked :) Query seems to produce the same result set (although I was so tired when I was checking it I may have missed something).

Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2001 :  13:32:56  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
I don't know why, but the poll code does funny things when I save it in interdev. Some of the "'s turn into " and the forum colors end up not working until I go find the spot and fix it. It's happened 3 times now and always at the same place. Has this happened to anyone else?

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2001 :  13:59:32  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:

I would guess it has something to do with the sql statement being built. Since I can't/couldn't test this on an sql server, didn't know there would be a problem with it until someone tried it.

I will update the mod with the changes if Rich can find out the bugs with the it.

The error in question is normally caused when you are retreiving memo fields from a db ie T_MESSAGE they should be made the last fields in the select statement.

so T_MESSAGE,T_DATE would be wrong

Go to Top of Page

Gribbles
Starting Member

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2001 :  14:07:08  Show Profile
Has anyone had a problem with a poll topic not displaying page counts correctly?

I have one that has definately gone over onto 2 pages, but only displays the first page with no page links at the top or bottom..

Any ideas?

Edited by - gribbles on 18 April 2001 14:07:47
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2001 :  17:52:52  Show Profile
quote:

The error in question is normally caused when you are retreiving memo fields from a db ie T_MESSAGE they should be made the last fields in the select statement.

so T_MESSAGE,T_DATE would be wrong
Aah. Ok, so T_MESSAGE should be the last field in the SELECT statements then. Didn't know that. Learn something knew everyday.
Will update the mod with these fixes.

Go to Top of Page

Gremlin
General Help Moderator

New Zealand
7528 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2001 :  18:01:42  Show Profile  Visit Gremlin's Homepage
Thanks for the bit of information Huw, its certainly something I had never come across before. Started going through chagining the order of some of the columns on the select statement now and things are starting to work better for me

Thanks again

Go to Top of Page

Mang
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2001 :  11:42:47  Show Profile
How do you implement this mod if my default.asp etc is already heavily modified? I cannot just replace them else I'll lose several other configs and mods.

thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2001 :  12:12:40  Show Profile
Just Copy and paste the code into your forum files. Taken from the readme:

"All added codes are clearly commented in each file.
Just do a search for "Poll Mod" and you will find the codes that have been added."

Go to Top of Page

Mang
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2001 :  14:14:47  Show Profile
Thanks, I obviously missed that part

Go to Top of Page

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2001 :  03:19:06  Show Profile
quote:

what will happen if i change radio button to check box? is it only make the result more than 100%, which is ok, or won't do at all?

I'd like to see a choice between the two when setting up a poll.

nobody's interested in this?
I want to have a choice between multi choices and single choice. e.g.

poll
which one you have used
a
b
c
d
(multi choice)
poll 2
which one you like the best
a
b
c
d
single choice

I think this is essencial for a poll.

I need a selection of sig/mul when setting up the poll, and if multi is selected, the radio button turn to be checkbox.

Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2001 :  04:03:11  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

what will happen if i change radio button to check box? is it only make the result more than 100%, which is ok, or won't do at all?

I'd like to see a choice between the two when setting up a poll.

nobody's interested in this?
I want to have a choice between multi choices and single choice. e.g.

poll
which one you have used
a
b
c
d
(multi choice)
poll 2
which one you like the best
a
b
c
d
single choice

I think this is essencial for a poll.

I need a selection of sig/mul when setting up the poll, and if multi is selected, the radio button turn to be checkbox.

I think maybe we are duscussing another mod here....a mod that I need too...a Snitz Survey mod, - an extended version with both single/multiple choise polls and fill in text areas, all collected in the database with an admin interface.

mph73

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2001 :  11:28:46  Show Profile
Mod has been updated with bug fixes and also included some graphics. See the first post in this topic for more info.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07