Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Mr.D
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2001 :  11:38:09  Show Profile  Visit Mr.D's Homepage
I tried to set up the mod on my forums on my personal server (no acces from outside) as a test... everything worked perfectly. So i proceed to make the changes on the forums that is hosted on brinkster.com and the first thing (the DB update) gave me alot of errors...

as said in the readme I have put the mod_dbsetup file in the forums folder, TOGETHER witht he db file... (even tho brinkster has his own db folder)

I wonder if that would help or it would screw up even worse my DB!!!

Thank you all

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2001 :  01:02:55  Show Profile
When you say "db" you are meaning "database" right?

Ok, you did ok putting the mod_dbsetup.asp file into the forums folder, but there is no "db" file with the mod. There is a ".dbs" file which stands for "database setup". That file along with the mod_dbsetup.asp file will install the necessary database fields and tables into your database.

What kind of errors are you getting?

- David
Go to Top of Page

Shep

74 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2001 :  01:54:24  Show Profile
I need some help. I run about 4 different Snitz forums with varying Mods. Here is my problem with the Poll:

On one of my forums the poll works perfectly - but on a couple of the others, the poll is nothing more than a post - and allows people to reply to it instead of giving the "choices" - linke the porperly working one does. I am pretty sure the problem lies in the post.asp or the post_info.asp but can get it.

you can check it out at http://www.calvarycentral.org/cgi-bin/snitz

Shep

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2001 :  02:21:04  Show Profile
Since you didn't put in the code in the forum.asp file that shows which topic is a poll, I don't have a clue where to look to find an example of what you are talking about.

- David
Go to Top of Page

Mr.D
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2001 :  12:17:18  Show Profile  Visit Mr.D's Homepage
quote:

When you say "db" you are meaning "database" right?

yes I mean a Database file

quote:

Ok, you did ok putting the mod_dbsetup.asp file into the forums folder, but there is no "db" file with the mod. There is a ".dbs" file which stands for "database setup". That file along with the mod_dbsetup.asp file will install the necessary database fields and tables into your database.

Yes that file was under the same directory, then I tried it under the Database directory that brinkster puts up for DOA access. And it didn't work.

quote:

What kind of errors are you getting?

well all I got is that he couldn't update the tables and the fields.
At the end my solution was to make the DB changes on my puter and then upload the new database. It was tho a long process because after updating the DB I had to re-fill it with the olf forum information I had in the old DB.
Thank you for youe help =)

Go to Top of Page

Shep

74 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2001 :  13:56:38  Show Profile
quote:

Since you didn't put in the code in the forum.asp file that shows which topic is a poll, I don't have a clue where to look to find an example of what you are talking about.

- David

David I guess that is part of my problem - I don't understand. I have looked at the forum.asp and it looks fine when I compare it to the one that came with the poll mod - the code is there..... WHat can I do to help you - help me?

Shep

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2001 :  14:06:43  Show Profile
You can post a link to a txt version of your forum.asp file. I'll look at it.

Also, can you start a new topic in the "Help: MOD Implementation" forum? This one is quite large.

- David

Edited by - Davio on 06 July 2001 14:08:16
Go to Top of Page

Shep

74 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2001 :  14:22:46  Show Profile
quote:

You can post a link to a txt version of your forum.asp file. I'll look at it.

Also, can you start a new topic in the "Help: MOD Implementation" forum? This one is quite large.

- David

Edited by - Davio on 06 July 2001 14:08:16

It is done - new topic under said forum
Shep

Go to Top of Page

Flaimo

Austria
72 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2001 :  22:38:44  Show Profile  Visit Flaimo's Homepage  Send Flaimo an AOL message  Send Flaimo an ICQ Message  Send Flaimo a Yahoo! Message
is it possible to show a "(Poll)" text after the topic name on the active topics and recent topics pages? because now i can't see if it is a poll or a normal topic.

flaimo,

http://flaimo.com/famousfonts
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2001 :  00:59:49  Show Profile
I am going to implement that in the next update. Have already coded it.
You can send me your active.asp file and I'll add it in for you.

- David
Go to Top of Page

pox

Denmark
110 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2001 :  15:14:22  Show Profile  Visit pox's Homepage
Thanks man! ... realy kool poll MOD ;)

Go to Top of Page

ecclesia
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2001 :  13:39:53  Show Profile
quote:

I am going to implement that in the next update. Have already coded it.
You can send me your active.asp file and I'll add it in for you.

- David

Any chance a new Poll version will be added for the latest v3.3 Forum? I've tried to implement it into v3.3, but can't get some of the query language to work with the new forum scripts.

He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err. - Mark 12:27
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2001 :  15:13:38  Show Profile
quote:
Any chance a new Poll version will be added for the latest v3.3 Forum?
Of course. But I prefer to wait until all the bugs have been ironed out in the 3.3 version. And I will have to familarize myself with the new forum code. And before that, I'm going to be releasing an update to the 3.1sr4 version of the poll mod before doing it for the 3.3 version.
And I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that before next week saturday, as at that time I will be taking a 2 week leave. But I'll see what I can accomplish till then.

It just takes time. I will release a 3.3 version, but not just yet.

- David
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2001 :  21:08:07  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Forgive me if this was already posted but folks might want to add this to the very last part of the poll MOD where it's displayed on the default.asp page or anywhere else for that matter.

rsPoll.Close
Set rsPoll = Nothing

end if
'##################################

The green line is the very last line of the poll MOD.
The new part is in red.

@tomic

Edited by - @tomic on 27 July 2001 21:10:10
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 29 July 2001 :  18:11:49  Show Profile
Tomic, you're using an old version of the poll mod. That is already included in the latest version.
rsPoll.Close
set rsPoll = nothing
rsCStatus.Close
set rsCStatus = nothing
rsFStatus.Close
set rsFStatus = nothing

end if
end if
' ############################
But thanks for posting it. It's always a good practice to close record sets.

- David
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07