Unrecognized database format
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Nick Feakes

99 Posts

Posted - 23 December 2010 :  17:43:40  Show Profile
I am only guessing, but if the table structure of FORUM_FORUM was corrupt, would it still open in Access? I was able to open all the tables in Access without error. Surely the forum updates the counts in FORUM_FORUM as members write stuff?

If I shutdown the forum in Admin, what happens to anybody who is, for example writing a reply? Do they just get bombed out with the "The Board is shutdown.........etc" message?

Sorry to ask so many questions, I am just trying to understand what happens when I do something like shutting down the forum.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 23 December 2010 :  18:02:17  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Nick,

Something on the table structure was not liked by the database driver on your server. It worked on your laptop, per what you wrote.
The database has no way to know what the columns in FORUM_FORUM mean. How would it know? By name? Where in the database is the info that says F_COUNT means the topics plus the replies?!

If you shutdown the forum, everything done afterwards will fail and the users will get a message stating the board is closed.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07