Display New Members - Daily
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  01:09:01  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
New Members Mod by Da_Stimulator
For Support post in the Mod Implementation Forum at http://forum.snitz.com

Description: Allows users to see all newly registered members for that day.
Download: http://www.stormwhispers.com/snitz_testing/newmembers.zip
Installation: Readme Included Copy newmembers.asp to your forum directory, and make the following
changes to default.asp

Around line 580, add the following:

<tr>
<td bgcolor="<%=strForumCellColor%>" colspan="<% if (strShowModerators = "1") or (mlev = 4 or mlev = 3) then response.write("7") else response.write("5") end if%>"><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strFooterFontSize %>"><a href="newmembers.asp">View today's New Members</a></td>
</tr>

Mine looks like the below

rs.close
set rs = nothing
ShowLastHere = (cint(ChkUser2(strDBNTUserName, Request.Cookies(strUniqueID & "User")("Pword"))) > 0)
%>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="<% =strCategoryCellColor %>" colspan="<% if (strShowModerators = "1") or (mlev = 4 or mlev = 3) then Response.Write("7") else Response.Write("5") end if %>"><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>" color="<% =strCategoryFontColor %>" size="+1"><b>Statistics</b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="<%=strForumCellColor%>" colspan="<% if (strShowModerators = "1") or (mlev = 4 or mlev = 3) then response.write("7") else response.write("5") end if%>"><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strFooterFontSize %>"><a href="newmembers.asp">View today's New Members</a></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td rowspan="<% if ShowLastHere then Response.Write("5") else Response.Write("4") end if %>" bgcolor="<%= strForumCellColor %>"> </td>
<%
if ShowLastHere then
%>

----------------
Da_Stimulator
Need a Mod?
My Snitz Test Center

Edited by - da_stimulator on 24 March 2001 10:02:59

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  01:21:37  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
hey stimmy, where's newmembers.asp? seem like you forgot to post the download, bro

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  01:50:26  Show Profile
LoL, don't ya know that when Stimmy codes late at night his brain is tired and fried he doesn't think too straight. He forgets the simplest of things. hehehe
Just kidding stim.

Go to Top of Page

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  10:03:37  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
LoL, fixed, Davio is right ;)

----------------
Da_Stimulator
Need a Mod?
My Snitz Test Center
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  15:37:00  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Great Mod! Thanks.

Only one thing I found was If there is new members and
they do show up... It still says "No New Members for Today"
under the new users names.

Rick

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  16:34:55  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
Yeah I noticed that, I dont know why it does that either. After I clicked on sorting, then went back to normal it was gone... I dunno wussup. I'll give the code another look-through.

----------------
Da_Stimulator
Need a Mod?
My Snitz Test Center
Go to Top of Page

gor
Retired Admin

Netherlands
5511 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  18:23:51  Show Profile  Visit gor's Homepage
Stimmy,

That is because of the way you check if you need to display a member or not.
First of all I don't quite understand why you select all the members and then go through them one by one ?
Wouldn't it be better to just add:

strSql = strSql & " WHERE M_DATE LIKE '" & Left(DateTostr(strForumTimeAdjust), 8) & "%'"

in front of the select case so that it automatically only selects the members you want to display.
If the recordset then is empty, you know there haven't registered new members today.

The reason for the current "error" lies in the fact that you check if strMemDate <> strToday then at the end. All you do here is check if you displayed the last record in your recordset or not, you don't check if you displayed any records or not.

Pierre
Go to Top of Page

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  18:33:51  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
Originally I was doing that, but I kept getting a bunch of errors and couldnt figure it out.

Zip is updated with Gor's modification, thx Gor.

----------------
Da_Stimulator
Need a Mod?
My Snitz Test Center
Go to Top of Page

festerhead
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  22:26:02  Show Profile  Visit festerhead's Homepage
I enjoy this mod and am learning more and more everyday.

Go to Top of Page

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  08:29:57  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
glad u like it :)

----------------
Da_Stimulator
Need a Mod?
My Snitz Test Center
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07