Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

leesh695

101 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2008 :  11:44:04  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by JJenson

I don't think they are getting an error on how its working leesh I think they are getting the error messages like the forum gives saying you can't goto the admin options cause you are not logged in and so forth. I believe capinmom installed it correctly.

Yeh, I probally put it wrongly. What I ment to put is, do things that cause the error message to show up and then just make your own translation due to what caused it.
Go to Top of Page

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2008 :  13:30:41  Show Profile
You guys have been helpful thank you. I think I spoke to soon when I said, I got it. I am finding I am only through half the battle on this one... and I'm feeling like it might not work and that it is a waste of my time.

The first change went successfully in pm_pop_members.asp... The mlev value was 0 and I set to 2.

I'm finding through testing that I must be missing a mlev value change in the following files possibly - pm_members.asp and pm_blocklist_members.asp ...?? I say that cause with the successful change the one thing I noticed is that they can still PM each other as the pm_member.asp still produces a list for them. Just for kicks to check it out, I thought maybe all the mlev = 4 then needed to be mlev = 4 or 3 then, but no change. The member can still PM another member.

I'm truly stumped??? Ok snitzers your experience, thoughts or suggestions are appreciated here.

Have a great day!
Terry
Go to Top of Page

JJenson
Advanced Member

USA
2121 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2008 :  13:56:21  Show Profile  Visit JJenson's Homepage
post a .txt copy of those files I will see if I can spot them for you.
Go to Top of Page

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2008 :  14:40:57  Show Profile
Jeff, I should have mentioned that when I changed mlev = 4 then I had only done so with the pm_members.asp... My thought was that if that is the page being called that allows members to still PM one another then that would be the one file needed the mlev change to make this work.

I can spot all the other mlev in the afformentioned files ok. Do you think the mlev needed to be changed on not just pm_members.asp, but blocklist_members.asp as well?

I will post the text copy if you want... just trying to save some time for you if its not needed.

Have a great day!
Terry
Go to Top of Page

JJenson
Advanced Member

USA
2121 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2008 :  14:51:25  Show Profile  Visit JJenson's Homepage
Personally I would set all mlev's to 4 in your case that way there is no confusion and only admins will be able to use it
Go to Top of Page

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2008 :  18:11:41  Show Profile
Jeff,

Ok, I did what you suggested and it has not made a difference, members can still PM one another. So I set it back to its original mlev value.

I have tried everything. It seems that it might just be one of those things where to try to accomplish this might mean re-doing the code in the PM itself, which I cannot do yet.

I think I will stop trying to do it this way and do a little homework... who knows maybe I can turn up something.

Anyway, thank you all for your responses. I appreciate it.

Have a great day!
Terry
Go to Top of Page

leesh695

101 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2008 :  19:17:45  Show Profile
if mlev > 2 then Response.Redirect("default.asp")

Put that in every PM file, if a non admin tries to pm it will redirect them to the default page instantly

Edited by - leesh695 on 11 March 2008 19:18:09
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2008 :  19:44:58  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
Actually, that will redirect everyone who is an admin or moderator... you'd want:
If mLev < 3 Then Response.Redirect("default.asp")

Might also want to be careful where you put something like that...
Go to Top of Page

leesh695

101 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2008 :  20:47:46  Show Profile
opps sorry for the bad info
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2008 :  06:25:45  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
Don't worry, even the best of us slip up on the simple stuff from time to time.
Go to Top of Page

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2008 :  07:59:59  Show Profile
Originally posted by AnonJr

quote:

AnonJr, was this meant for me to be careful with the code you posted or was that meant for leesh695 and the code that leesh695 posted?

Have a great day!
Terry
Go to Top of Page

JJenson
Advanced Member

USA
2121 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2008 :  09:16:38  Show Profile  Visit JJenson's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by AnonJr

Actually, that will redirect everyone who is an admin or moderator... you'd want:
If mLev < 3 Then Response.Redirect("default.asp")

Woudln't it actually be If mLev > 3 ?

I think the code Anon did will only let members and guest pm and not moderators and admins. But I did just wake up.
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2008 :  09:39:14  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
The code I posted will redirect anyone with an mLev less than 3 (i.e. not a moderator or admin)

I was saying to be careful with where you put the code to redirect those with an mLev less than 3. You may end up blocking access to more than you intended to...

Just make sure you've got a regular user account to test with and test it within an inch of its life. And then test some more.
Go to Top of Page

JJenson
Advanced Member

USA
2121 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2008 :  11:01:29  Show Profile  Visit JJenson's Homepage
Sorry should have read the code more carefully that was posted. I forgot it was a redirect not a check on status to proceed. Ignore me I am going back to work now
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2008 :  13:23:29  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
Don't worry - its nothing a good cup of coffee can't fix.

A friend of mine from college used to do the morning run for Merrita bread, and then he'd be in class at 0800... near the end of class he'd always joke that he had too much blood in his caffeine system.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07