I need to return a XML feed as UTF-8, but no matter what I try, it always reports as ASCII
quote: Your feed appears to be encoded as "utf-8", but your server is reporting "US-ASCII"
I tried hardcoding the content type Response.ContentType
I tried globalization in Web.config <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" fileEncoding="utf-8" />
And then I tried both at the same time. Talk about overkill!
Out of desperation, I even tried saving all the script files as UTF-8 from notepad before re-uploading them. Don't know how much good that did, since the URL is dynamically generated. Nothing seems to work, though.
This is a minor glitch for me, but I have a friend who needs this encoded in Shift-Jis and if I can't get it to send UTF-8, I don't know how to change to that.
Eternal Second website deploys a fully XML converted (and unicode enabled with UTF-8) V3406 forum. I forgot where it is posted in Snitz forum but here is a link to their website. Perhaps they can guide you to a right direction.
Their XML Snitz Forum is fully multilingual for content delivery. Forum UI/forum messages are in English-US - i.e. works fine with Far Eastern languages, like Japanese.
BTW, Shift-JIS is one locale encoding scheme for Japanese, the most popular locale language implementation in Japan, while EUC is another (primarily for UNIX environment). Each of Shift-JIS, EUC, and UTF-8 enabled font support will be distinct and if your friend's locale machine (system locale) is Japanese Windows OS native mode, UTF-8 may not render Shift-JIS properly.