Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Code Support: ASP.NET (Non-Forum Related)
 ASP.NET Conversion
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  03:59:11  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
The registration problem is now hopefully resolved, so you can try registering again if your attempt failed previously.
Go to Top of Page

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  06:25:18  Show Profile
originally posted by HuwR

quote:
Yes it is supposed to work like that, it failed when adding stuff to your profile, but the membership is already created at that point. Did you recieve an email ?

Ahh, ok. No, I did not receive an email yet. Should I just try to re-register or wait for the email?

Thank you!

Have a great day!
Terry
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  06:34:10  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
just reregister, if you didn't get an email then you can't validate the registration
Go to Top of Page

Panhandler
Average Member

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  08:36:48  Show Profile  Visit Panhandler's Homepage
Using Safari on a Mac Pro, attempting to register.
Received the following error message:
------------------------------

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 235: p.Bio.Occupation = ((TextBox)CreateUserWizard1.WizardSteps[1].FindControl("occupation")).Text;
Line 236:
Line 237: p.Biography = ((TextBox)CreateUserWizard1.WizardSteps[2].FindControl("biography")).Text;
Line 238: p.Hobbies = ((TextBox)CreateUserWizard1.WizardSteps[2].FindControl("hobbies")).Text;
Line 239: p.LNews = ((TextBox)CreateUserWizard1.WizardSteps[2].FindControl("lnews")).Text;

Source File: w:\huw\Snitz\register.aspx.cs    Line: 237

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
CreateNewWizard.CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(Object sender, EventArgs e) in w:\huw\Snitz\register.aspx.cs:237
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnCreatedUser(EventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser() +341
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +453
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +149
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +17
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +163
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

"5-in-1 Snitz Common Expansion Pack" - five popular mods packaged for easy install
". . .on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam. . ."
HarborClassifieds
Support Snitz Forums

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  08:46:35  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
Oops, forgot to upload one of the changes, should be working now (fingers crossed)
Go to Top of Page

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  08:49:22  Show Profile
HuwR,

I re-registered and got this following create user.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 235: p.Bio.Occupation = ((TextBox)CreateUserWizard1.WizardSteps[1].FindControl("occupation")).Text;
Line 236:
Line 237: p.Biography = ((TextBox)CreateUserWizard1.WizardSteps[2].FindControl("biography")).Text;
Line 238: p.Hobbies = ((TextBox)CreateUserWizard1.WizardSteps[2].FindControl("hobbies")).Text;
Line 239: p.LNews = ((TextBox)CreateUserWizard1.WizardSteps[2].FindControl("lnews")).Text;

Source File: w:\huw\Snitz\register.aspx.cs Line: 237

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
CreateNewWizard.CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(Object sender, EventArgs e) in w:\huw\Snitz\register.aspx.cs:237
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnCreatedUser(EventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser() +341
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +453
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +149
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +17
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +163
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

Have a great day!
Terry
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  08:54:32  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
mmm, not sure why it is failing there, it works fine locally.
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  09:07:17  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
ok, have reset the .net site and re-uploaded the registration files, so hopefully it is now working.
Go to Top of Page

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  10:11:16  Show Profile
HuwR,

I tried again. Your link above comes up this:

Could not find file 'W:\Huw\Snitz\App_Data\policy.txt'.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'W:\Huw\Snitz\App_Data\policy.txt'.

Source Error:

Line 107: setVisiblity();
Line 108: Literal policy = (Literal)CreateUserWizard1.WizardSteps[0].FindControl("policy");
Line 109: System.IO.StreamReader file = new System.IO.StreamReader(Server.MapPath("~/App_Data/policy.txt"));
Line 110: string content = file.ReadToEnd();
Line 111: policy.Text = content.Replace("[MinAge]", config.minAge.ToString());

Source File: w:\huw\Snitz\register.aspx.cs Line: 109

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'W:\Huw\Snitz\App_Data\policy.txt'.]
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +2013853
System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) +998
System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options) +115
System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize) +85
System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path) +112
CreateNewWizard.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in w:\huw\Snitz\register.aspx.cs:109
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

Have a great day!
Terry
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  10:20:53  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
ok I give up, registrations now closed
Go to Top of Page

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  11:05:17  Show Profile
HuwR,

I'm sorry your having so many troubles with all of this. I sure hope your able to work it out at some point. There is no rush. We'll still be here.

Have a great day!
Terry
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  11:50:23  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
you can give it a try again now if you like, something had gone pear shaped with the ftp upload and not all the files were uploaded, so fingers crossed
Go to Top of Page

JJenson
Advanced Member

USA
2121 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  12:08:19  Show Profile  Visit JJenson's Homepage
Ok I tried to log in the only trouble I got was with the activation code to select the

1,2,6 letters from this phrase dm5W4ANK3JPO

d5A correct?

other than that everything has gone smoothily for me
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  12:12:11  Show Profile
1, 2 & 6 would be dmA.

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  12:15:14  Show Profile
HuwR,

So far so good on my end. My email has been validated and I will wait patiently for my registration to be validated by an Admin and post it here when its received.

Thank you!!!

Have a great day!
Terry
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07