Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

GBurch

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2001 :  16:26:09  Show Profile
quote:

-At the bottom of the view is a tab named 'General'. One of the design fields is named 'Indexed'
Select the design field 'Indexed' -you should get a drop down that lists:
No
Yes (Duplicates Ok)
Yes (No Duplicates)

Select 'Yes (No Duplicates)'

Instead of doing all that, you could just set the field as the Primary Key, which would set it to 'Yes (No Duplicates)' automatically

http://www.captgb.dabsol.co.uk
http://www.slipstreamservices.com
Go to Top of Page

Karnage
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 02 July 2001 :  03:58:46  Show Profile  Send Karnage an ICQ Message
I have added some features to the original script to allow you to add additional words to the dictionary. It's a part of my newsASP news management script - http://scripts.reloadnet.com/nasp/ :)

Go to Top of Page

madmark
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 03 July 2001 :  21:25:10  Show Profile
quote:

I have added some features to the original script to allow you to add additional words to the dictionary. It's a part of my newsASP news management script - http://scripts.reloadnet.com/nasp/ :)

Looks cool! When can we check it out?

Go to Top of Page

Markp

54 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2001 :  13:49:17  Show Profile
Hello, I have added this MOD to my forum and read the entire stream.
1. The Mod works thanks for the simple instructions, I wish everyone would base their insert instructions on code that appears in the original file. I have 2 other mods I can not get to work becuase of the code insertion instructions are given based on the way the programmers modified files appear.

2. I really can't spell, and don't think a 45 year old would fit the chairs in a 3rd grade classroom. Is there an add on that will provide suggested spellings to this mod?

Thanks

PS you think this board could add this Mod?

Edited by - markp on 04 July 2001 13:55:24
Go to Top of Page

Karnage
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2001 :  14:10:21  Show Profile  Send Karnage an ICQ Message
The script is almost ready apart from a few optimizations I've still to do ;)

Go to Top of Page

dkerns
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2001 :  10:59:54  Show Profile
Good MOD. I have implemented on SQL2000 with no significant problems.

I did make a few changes that others may find useful:

1) Removed "<" ">" from strMessagePreview which is displayed when there is no message (if you have HTML turned off, these displayed as < and >)

2) Added <b> and </b> in addition to the underline tags for misspelled words. Adds emphasis...could also add font color tags (i.e., red) to further highlight the misspelled words.

3) Added text in the table header to clarify to user what is suspect: "Spell Check (possible errors are bold/underlined)"

4) Added a mailto: hyperlink at the bottom of the table so the user can email additional words for me to add to the dictionary.

The only problems I have experienced are:

1) if you add a word to the dictionary and use ANY cap letters, the MOD doesn't find a match. This was a bit of a problem since I imported several hundred words from another file that had the first character capitalized.

2) it would be nice if the MOD checked for plurals of words without having to put the word's plural in the dictionary...e.g., probe or probes

Thanks!

Edited by - dkerns on 06 July 2001 11:00:14
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07