Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2006 :  18:32:28  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
acech, lookin good. Have you checked either the body tag or the main table that is started in inc_header.asp for the page margin? I wonder if that isn't it.

The reason I asked for a link was to check the HTML that is ending up at the browser for the source of your padding. I might have some code for that floating around. I won't be at my house for the next week so I don't have easy access to my code library at this point in time.

I almost want to say all you would need to do is use some CSS to set the main table's margins to 0...
Go to Top of Page

acech
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2006 :  04:45:11  Show Profile
>I almost want to say all you would need to do is use some CSS to set the main table's margins to 0...

Ah forgot to say that is exactly what I did.. Can;t remember where but I added the four margin sizes to the css..

Will post some updates later if I have time to play..

Chris
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2006 :  14:40:11  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
As long as its working. I would be interested in how you handled it.

I've noticed that if you give 5 programmers the same problem, you tend to get 5 different solutions if there is more than one way to do it. Seeing how other people handle things has given me a lot of insight into various things over the years.
Go to Top of Page

Panhandler
Average Member

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2006 :  21:41:36  Show Profile  Visit Panhandler's Homepage
bump

Its been a long time.
Any helpfull suggestions?

"5-in-1 Snitz Common Expansion Pack" - five popular mods packaged for easy install
". . .on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam. . ."
HarborClassifieds
Support Snitz Forums

Go to Top of Page

jay_v

85 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2006 :  02:27:04  Show Profile
Panhandler: the design of snitz is essentially <table>s nested upon <table>s, so if you want to modify a specific part part of the design like the header, all you need to do is locate that specific <table> so you can make changes to it.

Try this: fire up inc_header.asp, locate any <table> tag somewhere in the code, and add bgcolor=red to that tag. When you look at the resulting page you can clearly see which <table> you're editing (I found the correct one with a little trial and error):

With a little editing, you can get it to look like this:

Edited by - jay_v on 23 November 2006 02:41:49
Go to Top of Page

Panhandler
Average Member

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2006 :  10:37:06  Show Profile  Visit Panhandler's Homepage

Got it!
(nice teaching skill that you have there)
Inserting bgcolor=""red"" got me to this step:

The challenge now is to move that red highlighted block of code into the INCLUDE file,
which is directly above the forum body.

"5-in-1 Snitz Common Expansion Pack" - five popular mods packaged for easy install
". . .on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam. . ."
HarborClassifieds
Support Snitz Forums

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07