Additional Rank Problem
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cioto

Italy
95 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2005 :  13:07:48  Show Profile  Visit cioto's Homepage
Hello, I've just modded my forum to support the additional ranks (http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=46874&SearchTerms=stars,ranks).
I'm getting some troubles in the panels, here you can see it: www.labatteria.it/rank.jpg
I've included a rtf version of the "admin_config_ranks.asp" file, because I think the error is there.
If anybody could help me it would be great!
Thanks

cioto

Italy
95 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2005 :  13:09:34  Show Profile  Visit cioto's Homepage
Ehm, the rtf file is here: www.labatteria.it/admin.rtf
Go to Top of Page

cioto

Italy
95 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2005 :  13:22:26  Show Profile  Visit cioto's Homepage
Sorry, I forgot to tell you the most important thing.
Apart from the bad formatting of the page, I get an error If i click on "Submit New Config".
You can see the error message here www.labatteria.it/rank2.jpg
If modified the 3 files following the instructions given in the topic I linked earlier, but there's a point in those instructions that I think could be the cause of this errors: when you have to modify the admin_config_ranks.asp, in the first of the two steps, it says "after the next past the following lines". I didn't find any next, after those lines...
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2005 :  17:38:14  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
You misplaced the first part of code. You should add the mod-code after the next in that block of code (marked red below). In your file, that next is on line 252, so the additional code is added between line 252 and 253 in your file.

quote:

ADMIN_CONFIG_RANKS.ASP

Around line 251, find

Response.Write " <a href=""JavaScript:openWindow3('pop_config_help.asp?mode=ranks#RankColor')"">" & getCurrentIcon(strIconSmileQuestion,"RankColor","") & "</a> </td>" & vbNewLine & _
" </tr>" & vbNewLine & _
" <tr valign=""top"">" & vbNewLine & _
" <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ align=""right""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><b>Member Level 5 Name:</b> </font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """><input type=""text"" name=""strRankLevel5"" size=""30"" value=""" & chkExistElse(chkString(strRankLevel5,"edit"),"Advanced Member") & """>" & vbNewLine & _
" <font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><b>Number:</b> </font><input type=""text"" name=""intRankLevel5"" size=""5"" value=""" & chkExistElse(intRankLevel5,2000) & """>" & vbNewLine & _
" " & getCurrentIcon(strIconSmileQuestion,"(Member who has more than Member Level 5 posts)","") & "</td>" & vbNewLine & _
" </tr>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ align=""right""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><b>Star Color:</b></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """>" & vbNewLine
for c = 0 to ubound(strStarColor)
Response.Write " <input type=""radio"" class=""radio"" name=""strRankColor5"" value=""" & strStarColor(c) & """" & chkRadio(strRankColor5,strStarColor(c),true) & ">" & getCurrentIcon(arrIconStarColors(c),"","") & vbNewLine
next
Response.Write " <a href=""JavaScript:openWindow3('pop_config_help.asp?mode=ranks#RankColor')"">" & getCurrentIcon(strIconSmileQuestion,"RankColor","") & "</a> </td>" & vbNewLine & _
" </tr>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ colspan=""2"" align=""center""><input type=""submit"" value=""Submit New Config"" id=""submit1"" name=""submit1""> <input type=""reset"" value=""Reset Old Values"" id=""reset1"" name=""reset1""></td>" & vbNewLine & _
" </tr>" & vbNewLine & _
" </table>" & vbNewLine & _
" </td>" & vbNewLine & _
" </tr>" & vbNewLine & _
" </table>" & vbNewLine & _
" </form>" & vbNewLine
end if

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page

cioto

Italy
95 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2005 :  19:08:17  Show Profile  Visit cioto's Homepage
!!
Such a stupid error I did!!
Thank you, now it works, anyway (as you can see if you visit my main forum directory www.labatteria.it/forum ), in the bottom of the page, the forum statistics mod doesn't work anymore. You can check the inc_sitestap.asp file here: www.labatteria.it/sitestat.rtf
Any hint will be appreciated, and really thanks masterao.
Go to Top of Page

cioto

Italy
95 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2005 :  19:48:37  Show Profile  Visit cioto's Homepage
I've opened a new topic to avoid confusion...
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=57572
I hope I've done right.
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 18 March 2005 :  14:08:32  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
No problems. Im glad you got it working.

Yes, you did the right thing to post a new topic about the site-stat mod. It isn't related to this topic, and it will also ensure that you get help from those who are knowledgeable about that mod .

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07