Help: MOD Implementation
 My Avatars Add-On
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

withanhdammit

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2005 :  14:24:56  Show Profile  Visit withanhdammit's Homepage  Send withanhdammit an ICQ Message
I installed the My Avatars Add-On (I think it's DoraMoon's) and when I try to activate it, it says the settings have been changed successfully, but it goes back to the default settings of all turned off.

Any ideas would be welcome ;-)

h

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2005 :  18:01:21  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
Did you run setup.asp? Are the fields there in the DB? Did you check your modifications to config.asp?

eXtremeGossip
Go to Top of Page

withanhdammit

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2005 :  19:06:02  Show Profile  Visit withanhdammit's Homepage  Send withanhdammit an ICQ Message
Oh, never mind this...I'm building a new forum and am having other db problems right now. It's a virgin forum, with only 10 or so mods installed. I'm just gonna nuke it and start it over.

Thanks anyway Jorrit! I appreciate your help.

h

<ignore>
Yep, I ran setup.asp, I checked the db (SQL2000) and there were duplicate fields. I'm not sure how that happened, but I removed the 2nd copy of the duplicated fields, and nada...still no go. When I change a setting in admin_my_avatar.asp, it says the setting was successfully changed, but doesn't actually change anything. Weird! I know I have good permissions to my db, I can make posts, etc, so that can't be the issue...

I also double checked my config.asp, it's right.

h
</ignore>

Edited by - withanhdammit on 11 March 2005 19:44:59
Go to Top of Page

cripto9t
Average Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2005 :  06:55:16  Show Profile
You can look At "forum variables" in "admin options" to see if the values are being saved without having to go to the database.
If they aren't being saved check the spelling in the form file.
If they are being saved, make sure the variables are spelled right in "config.asp" (especially the changes at the bottom of the page) and the file that calls them.
If everythings ok there I'd look at the source code to see the html output and see if any settings are being checked. If not or the wrong one is checked, something's wrong with the on/off checks in the file.

This happens to me all the time with the latest episode being yesterday .

_-/Cripto9t\-_

Edited by - cripto9t on 12 March 2005 07:03:27
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07