Help with File Sharing MOD (Final)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Whobeedat
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2005 :  09:50:31  Show Profile
I'm having trouble understanding where these links are suppose to be added and how in order to get the Members files to display and be accessible by others. Someone else asked this question over a year ago and nobody ever provided the answer.
The Filesharing Mod is installed and working but I don't have the File List pages that I've seen on other sites that have this mod.
Plus members profiles show 0 files when they have files uploaded.
4-add new links to the MOD:
-membersFiles.asp -> lists all members folders
-searchFiles.asp -> search files
-filesLibrary.asp -> lists file by their category
-membersFiles.asp?memberFldrID=%memberID% -> add it to the user's menu so user may access his own folder and start
using it for uploading and sharing.

Thanx in advance

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2005 :  11:04:21  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
I haven't read the readme file, nor installed this MOD, but my best guess would be that the links need to go into inc_header under sForumNavigation.

eXtremeGossip
Go to Top of Page

Whobeedat
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2005 :  18:58:44  Show Profile
My apologies...I guess I should have included a link...
The readme and the mod can be found here:
File Sharing MOD (FINAL 2.51 updated 28-8-03)
That link has 7 pages of replys and I've poured over those pages 10 times and still can't seem to figure this out...
In the instruction it also says:
quote:
How it works?:
-Each member has his own folder that he/she may upload files into. Member can create subfolders within their folder but only limited to one level of subfolders.
-Members can browse each other members folders and be able to download their files and thus applying the concept of sharing.

I see know place where it gives a member an option to create a subfolder...

I feel if I can get those links placed correctly, I'll be good to go!

Thanx for your reply Jorrit787...
I will have a look at inc_header under sForumNavigation
Go to Top of Page

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2005 :  22:02:13  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
Adding the links to the sForumNavigation function in inc_header like this should do it:

Response.Write " | " & vbNewline & _
"<a href=""membersFiles.asp""" & dWStatus("###...") & " tabindex=""-1"">###</a>" & vbNewline

"<a href=""searchFiles.asp""" & dWStatus("###...") & " tabindex=""-1"">###</a>" & vbNewline

"<a href=""filesLibrary.asp""" & dWStatus("###...") & " tabindex=""-1"">###</a>" & vbNewline

"<a href=""-membersFiles.asp?memberFldrID=%memberID%""" & dWStatus("###...") & " tabindex=""-1"">###</a>" & vbNewline

Of course you will need to change the ### to the appropriate text.

eXtremeGossip

Edited by - Jorrit787 on 07 March 2005 22:03:01
Go to Top of Page

Whobeedat
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2005 :  19:03:51  Show Profile
Thank You Jorrit787!!!

By following your suggestion I managed to get everything working except the last line!
quote:
"<a href=""-membersFiles.asp?memberFldrID=%memberID%""" & dWStatus("###...") & " tabindex=""-1"">###</a>" & vbNewline

When I click on the link which I named "My Files" it brings me to a "The page cannot be found" error

I'll keep fiddling with it until I figure it out or someone points me in the right direction.

Again...Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2005 :  08:31:34  Show Profile
Should tlook like this (I'm assuming there shouldn't be a hyphen at the start of the URI):

<a href=""membersFiles.asp?memberFldrID="&memberID&""""&dwStatus("###...")&" tabindex=""-1"">

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07