New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

withanhdammit

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2005 :  13:54:24  Show Profile  Visit withanhdammit's Homepage  Send withanhdammit an ICQ Message
I installed Snitz Chat 34-3403, I'm pretty sure it's right, I double checked my changes and they are all correct. There is a 2nd readme in the zip file called corrections that I also followed and made the appropriate changes but when you click on the chat link in the header, the pop-up chat window opens then immediately closes. I'm not sure what the problem with it is.

You can access my test forum at http://forum.dnjhome.com/testforum and login with testuser/testuser as the username/password.

Thanks!

h

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

withanhdammit

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2005 :  14:02:35  Show Profile  Visit withanhdammit's Homepage  Send withanhdammit an ICQ Message
OK, I'm really confused...I just logged in myself as testuser and the chat worked properly. If I log in as any normal user, the chat works properly. But, if I log in as one of the admin users or as a moderator user, the chat window pops up then immediately goes away.

I'd appreciate someone shedding some light on this. I know in the readme, it talks about blocking certain usernames. The current usernames blocked are "admin" and "administrator" which is why I logged in as a moderator user...that has a username of moderator/moderator.

Thanks!

h
Go to Top of Page

Helterskelter

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2005 :  16:20:08  Show Profile  Visit Helterskelter's Homepage  Send Helterskelter an ICQ Message
I had a simular problem but it was not closing it's self like yours is, but was sorted by downloading the latest version at.

http://www.theill.com/asp/conquerchat.asp

ConquerChat 4.4 is the latest.

Go to Top of Page

withanhdammit

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2005 :  19:47:05  Show Profile  Visit withanhdammit's Homepage  Send withanhdammit an ICQ Message
Hmm, I'll try that...
Go to Top of Page

withanhdammit

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2005 :  20:20:56  Show Profile  Visit withanhdammit's Homepage  Send withanhdammit an ICQ Message
OK, I got ConquerChat 4.4 installed and it seems to be working OK, but when the user click the "logout" button, I'd like for the window to close instead of allowing them to log in with a box to put in their user name. I'd like the chat to always be tied to their Snitz user name. The chat opens properly with their Snitz user name, it's just when closing, it needs to close the window in addition to logging out.

Thanks for the suggestion to v4.4

h
Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2005 :  21:49:26  Show Profile
Can't you just change the code for the logout to Close instead:

Something the lines like this:
<a href="javascript:window.close()" onMouseOver="self.status='Close Chat'; return true">Close Chat</a>
I hope it helps.

Cheers,

David Greening
Go to Top of Page

Helterskelter

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2005 :  04:36:16  Show Profile  Visit Helterskelter's Homepage  Send Helterskelter an ICQ Message
withanhdammit:- Tiz no probs, I know what it's like to be stuck....
And i have the same log out problem.....

Classicmotorcycling:-I'll see what i can do and report back soon.

Go to Top of Page

Helterskelter

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2005 :  04:51:00  Show Profile  Visit Helterskelter's Homepage  Send Helterskelter an ICQ Message
Thinking CC will not logout if u just close the window.
In the logout.asp there is a Response.Redirect setting it to return to default.asp
Is there a way to auto close the window in asp?
Or would it have to be java?

Either way i dont know

logout.asp
~~~~~~~~~~~
<% Option Explicit %>
<!-- #include file="inc.common.asp" -->
<%

'
' $Id: logoff.asp,v 1.1.1.1 2003/03/09 22:45:57 peter Exp $
'
'
'
' @author Peter Theill peter@theill.com
'

If (isLoggedIn(Request("chatId"))) Then
logoutUser(Request("chatId"))
kickInactiveUsers()
End If

Response.Redirect "default.asp"

%>

Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2005 :  06:40:42  Show Profile
I have some javascript that will open a new window and load the close statement:

In the head tag of the chat software, place the following code:
<script language="javascript">

function openPopupWindow(url, name, width, height, returnWindow)
{
	var horizontalOffset, verticalOffset, offsetAmount, windowToReturn;

offsetAmount = 10;

if(width == -1)
	{
		width = screen.availWidth;
	}

if(height == -1)
	{
		height = screen.availHeight;
	}

if(navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer")
	{
		horizontalOffset = window.screenLeft + offsetAmount;
		verticalOffset = window.screenTop + offsetAmount;
	}
	else
	{
		horizontalOffset = window.screenX + offsetAmount;
		verticalOffset = window.screenY + offsetAmount;
	}

if(horizontalOffset + width > screen.availWidth || verticalOffset + height > screen.availHeight)
	{
		horizontalOffset = 0;
		verticalOffset = 0;
	}

windowToReturn = window.open(url, name, "toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=yes,menubar=no,scrollbars=1,resizable=no,screenX=" + horizontalOffset + ",screenY=" + verticalOffset + ",left=" + horizontalOffset + ",top=" + verticalOffset + ",width=" + width + ",height=" + height);

if(returnWindow == true)
		return windowToReturn;
}
</script>
Then you need to open the window in place of the logout, so use:
<a href="Javascript:openPopupWindow('closechat.asp', 'Print_Window', 10, 10, false)" onMouseOver="self.status='Close Chat'; return true" onMouseOut="self.status=''; return true">Close Chat</a>
Then creat a new .asp file called: closechat.asp with the following code:
<% Option Explicit %>
<!-- #include file="inc.common.asp" -->
<%
If (isLoggedIn(Request("chatId"))) Then
logoutUser(Request("chatId"))
kickInactiveUsers()
End If
%>

<html>
<head>
<title>AutoClose Chat</title>

<body onload="javascript:window.close();">

</body>
</html>
I hope that works. I do not have the chat installed, but in therory it should work.

Cheers,

David Greening
Go to Top of Page

Helterskelter

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2005 :  07:52:50  Show Profile  Visit Helterskelter's Homepage  Send Helterskelter an ICQ Message
Nope...... still nothing.....

goto
http://www.livingfish.co.uk/forum/chat/frames.asp

Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2005 :  16:46:31  Show Profile
OK, have signed up to your forum and can now see an easier way to do this. Remove all the code that I have given you from your chat software, but leave the closechat.asp file there. Then remove the following code:
<a href="Javascript:openPopupWindow('closechat.asp', 'Print_Window', 10, 10, false)" onMouseOver="self.status='Close Chat'; return true" onMouseOut="self.status=''; return true">Close Chat</a>
And use this code to open the close file:
<a target="_top" href="closechat.asp" onMouseOver="self.status='Close Chat'; return true" onMouseOut="self.status=''; return true">Close Chat</a>
That should work as the file closechat.asp I gave you was self closing.

That should now work.

Cheers,

David Greening
Go to Top of Page

Lanstuff

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2005 :  21:38:52  Show Profile  Visit Lanstuff's Homepage
Edited post. Removed link. Was temporary only.

Edited by - Lanstuff on 28 February 2005 17:23:25
Go to Top of Page

Helterskelter

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2005 :  04:42:16  Show Profile  Visit Helterskelter's Homepage  Send Helterskelter an ICQ Message
Thanks I'll give it a go later....

Lanstuff:- Ye i know tiz set up, just tring to get the window to close when finished thats all.

Go to Top of Page

withanhdammit

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2005 :  10:49:28  Show Profile  Visit withanhdammit's Homepage  Send withanhdammit an ICQ Message
Lanstuff - Check your email, I sent ya a couple about the mods you sent me...
Helterskelter - Same deal here, it's all working great except when they click the logout button, the main chat window still stays there. Otherwise, Lanstuff's mods are awesome! I really like the way it shows on default.asp who's in the chat rooms and what room they are in.

h
Go to Top of Page

withanhdammit

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2005 :  18:01:04  Show Profile  Visit withanhdammit's Homepage  Send withanhdammit an ICQ Message
Thanks Lanstuff! We got it working like a champ!

h
Go to Top of Page

Helterskelter

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 01 March 2005 :  11:01:03  Show Profile  Visit Helterskelter's Homepage  Send Helterskelter an ICQ Message
Can u sent me a comp of the who's in chat mod, this is missing from my site.

Edited by - Helterskelter on 01 March 2005 15:13:15
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07