New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TastyNutz

USA
251 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2005 :  23:21:21  Show Profile  Visit TastyNutz's Homepage
Can someone help me?

I am an amateur, with little knowledge about ASP, and the little I do know is from reverse engineering other people's code.

I have the portal and events calendar MODs installed and running, but I'm trying to make a few changes. I figured out the first one, which was to remove the calendar from the forum and add it to the portal instead. That was easy. Just move <!--#INCLUDE FILE="cal_default.asp" --> from one page to the other.

Next, I want just the small calendar to appear along the right side of my portal. That wasn't quite as easy to figure out, but after poking around for awhile I finally got the calendar where I wanted.

But now I'm stumped on the final details that I want. First, even though the small calendar is where I want it, I can't figure out how to get the **** thing centered. And finally, I want to be able to remove the events calendar from the portal completely. I want it to look like what kev0153 has here.

My calendar sub looks like this:

sub DisplayCalendar(byval Width)
call StartTable(Width, "Events Calendar")
dateHolder = dateValue(strForumTimeAdjust)
call DrawMonth(dateHolder,0,0,1)
call EndTable()
end sub

I'm sure this is simple for the experienced folks, but can someone give this n00b a hand?

PowerQuad Disability Support Forum

Edited by - TastyNutz on 10 February 2005 19:45:29

TastyNutz

USA
251 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2005 :  19:13:55  Show Profile  Visit TastyNutz's Homepage
Okay, I figured part of it out...

I needed to use <!--#INCLUDE FILE="cal_functions.asp"--> in my portal, rather than <!--#INCLUDE FILE="cal_default.asp"-->. That allows me to call the calendar without having cal_default.asp displayed on the portal page.

But I still need a little tweek getting the calendar centered within the table cell. To get my calendar displayed on the right navigation pane, I'm using:

call DisplayCalendar(strCMSRightNavWidth)

and

sub DisplayCalendar(byval Width)
dateHolder = dateValue(strForumTimeAdjust)

call StartTable(Width, "Events Calendar")
DrawMonth dateHolder,0,0,1
call EndTable ()
end sub

But the off-center calendar is gonna drive me nuts. Can someone help me format that?

Edited by - TastyNutz on 10 February 2005 19:46:05
Go to Top of Page

Tam

Sweden
56 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2005 :  02:25:28  Show Profile  Visit Tam's Homepage
Why not just add a "align=center" to the <td> the calendar is in?
Go to Top of Page

TastyNutz

USA
251 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2005 :  10:11:58  Show Profile  Visit TastyNutz's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Tam

Why not just add a "align=center" to the <td> the calendar is in?

Sounds reasonable. It's also the first thing I tried. All my attempts to use align=center produce errors. The calendar isn't in regular table tags, and there aren't any <td> cell tags. The code I posted above uses call StartTable(Width, "Events Calendar") to define the box in which my calendar displays. That code works, but I'm not familiar enough with ASP to know why it works. As a result, I can't figure out how to change it to get what I want.

Go to Top of Page

Tam

Sweden
56 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2005 :  19:26:26  Show Profile  Visit Tam's Homepage
Well, somewhere there is a table being written in HTML, look for the StartTable-sub and check there. Or if it came with a stylesheet, maybe you can edit it to center it from there. Tried to check your calendar/portal but the site requires login to even check it.
Go to Top of Page

TastyNutz

USA
251 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2005 :  10:56:45  Show Profile  Visit TastyNutz's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Tam

Well, somewhere there is a table being written in HTML, look for the StartTable-sub and check there. Or if it came with a stylesheet, maybe you can edit it to center it from there. Tried to check your calendar/portal but the site requires login to even check it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep playing with it.

And thanks for reminding me about the registration/login requirement on my test forum. Thought I had disabled that. Doh!

It's turned off now.

Go to Top of Page

TastyNutz

USA
251 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2005 :  21:46:52  Show Profile  Visit TastyNutz's Homepage
Thanks Tam... You helped me figure it out!

As you suggested, I found the StartTable sub, and looked at how it constructs the table, and then I could add align="center" to center the table contents.

Problem is, the StartTable sub calls all the Portal tables, so if I center align my calendar table, I also center the content of every other table. To get around that, I duplicated the sub and created a StartTable2 sub just for my calendar table.

I'm sure my solution probably isn't the most elegant or efficient way to handle the problem, but hey... It works!

Edited by - TastyNutz on 09 February 2005 21:51:41
Go to Top of Page

Tam

Sweden
56 Posts

Posted - 10 February 2005 :  03:55:21  Show Profile  Visit Tam's Homepage
If it's working it's good enough :P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07