Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Penalty Mod
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TStewartFan

190 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2005 :  23:02:42  Show Profile  Visit TStewartFan's Homepage
I have spent the last couple of hours reading the various posts throughout the MOD's section and have yet to find what I came in here to find (although I did find some other cool stuff...heh) Does anyone know if there is a MOD available for issuing penalties. For instance forum violations could result in a moderator issuing a warning to said user. Said user would then be sent into the temporary penalty box. If while in the temporary penalty box another or he same moderator or greater issues another warning to said user then thy have now graduated from the warning box to the penalty box. I have found the notify moderator forum but that route still requires having to manually enter updates into the site itself. I would rather have it done simply by the moderator logging in and clicking penalize. In my partcular case this will be for a tony stewart fan site and the temporary penalty box will be the Caution Box and the permanent would be the Black Flag penalty box. Thanks for all your help. I will continue looking.

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2005 :  05:44:40  Show Profile
There was a mod to do this for Crash's Snitz Forum (don't know the new link) which I used on 3.4.03.

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

serritzlev

Denmark
291 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2005 :  08:43:17  Show Profile  Visit serritzlev's Homepage
http://jag24.com/gml/

Go to Top of Page

TStewartFan

190 Posts

Posted - 26 January 2005 :  23:28:56  Show Profile  Visit TStewartFan's Homepage
I tried the Report to Moderator Mod but it really doesn't fit with what I am hoping to accomplish with this particular mod. While it's obviously important to implement a notification system it still doesn't quite help with implementing a penalty box. Imagine you are at a hockey game and the folks start throwing down....the refs issue out the warnings but not no one goes into the box. No team rush plays cn occur and all we have left are a bunch of figure skaters....with a puck...heh Seriously though if anyone has by chance been able to work on something which would allow me to "set" a posting penalty on a time limit it would be way cool. You know for 1 hour you have access like a member but you can't post like a guess.....violate it again and a hr turns into a day or whatever. If anyone has anything like that then let me know...and if not once I am done with my stylesheet I'll start work on it so I can share it with the rest of ya'll. Thanks.

If You Have to Ask, You Wouldn't Understand.
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2005 :  16:46:16  Show Profile
The mod on Crash's site is like that, it's not the report to moderator one, i'll see if I have the original code for ya

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2005 :  16:51:33  Show Profile
Dumped it on SnitzBitz for ya

http://www.snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=204

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

TStewartFan

190 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2005 :  00:05:00  Show Profile  Visit TStewartFan's Homepage
David, I have tried to install that script in the past off GML Portal but because I have never used any of the former forums I don't quite know hot to update the script to be compliant with the new forum code.......but I'll go through the script and see if I can at the least use it as a starting point for building one that will perfectly suit my site. Taking a break from trying to figure out this poll mod so its off to Photoshop I go....woohoooooo! I wish programming was as much fun then I would never sleep....heh

If You Have to Ask, You Wouldn't Understand.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07