Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 Doing this drop shadow in Adobe
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2004 :  11:59:34  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
I am trying to create some basic graphics that all the people will have to do is change the text to what they need to print. I am having a problem figuring out how this drop shadow was created. It is almost like they added the drop shadow, excluded it, and then moved it but just unsure. Can anyone help me figure this out? Here is what the original looks like.

http://www.eznetideas.com/brad/q.jpg

Brad
Oklahoma City Online Entertainment Guide
Oklahoma Event Tickets

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2004 :  12:03:03  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
I think they used an exact copy, feathered the mask (to add a buffer area) on the black one and layered it over the grey one. I can try to reproduce it this evening, but if Roland sees this topic here shortly, I'm sure he'll be able to answer it quickly.

Also, my terms may not exactly represent what I am trying to say. I am not a graphics guru, but I know how to do a lot of things without understanding the tools I used to do it.

Edited by - dayve on 06 December 2004 12:04:10
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2004 :  12:11:51  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
See I know some and usually get what I want done, but the problem is I will be having people that hardly know about a computer opening the file in Illustrator and I have to show them how to just click and change the text and then hit File --> Print. So I am hoping to find some way that is pretty each to teach someone to do or something like that.

Brad
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2004 :  12:28:03  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
Looks to me like...
Drop shadow (seperate layer)
stencil outline or some form of outline on the top layer above the drop layer...

I can try and re-produce also using psp

-Stim
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2004 :  12:42:14  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
Well I really need it done in Illustrator because printer is only hooked up to print thru illustrator even though photoshop is installed.

Brad
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2004 :  12:44:43  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
Ok, nevermind then... I dont have illustrator...

-Stim
Go to Top of Page

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2004 :  13:21:27  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
Brad, in photoshop add a drop shadow, turn the opacity all the way up, select the color, distance, and angle you want and turn the size all the way down. After that add a stoke to the letter with a width of however much you want and a color which is the same as the background color of the canvas.

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2004 :  14:07:29  Show Profile
Yeah, I think it would be much the same in anything else that is similar - stroke the same colour as the background.

quote:
because printer is only hooked up to print thru illustrator even though photoshop is installed.
I don't know Illustrator at all, but how can the printer (hardware) work with one app and not another ?
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2004 :  16:35:55  Show Profile
In Illustrator all you have to do is create the type, add the shade and you're done. Just set the shade's blur to none and add an outline color to the type as suggested. I only tested in on Illustrator CS, but it works fine and the type remains editable.
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 12 December 2004 :  15:51:48  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
I will have to try this out this week. Thanks everyone for your input.

Brad
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07