MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 IP look up from Active Users page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dabugster

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2004 :  21:16:48  Show Profile  Visit dabugster's Homepage  Send dabugster an AOL message  Send dabugster a Yahoo! Message
I have had a few problems on my board with people joining, and starting stuff with others on my board.
So i have been having to pay attention to ip addresses.
But the only way to really compare and look up members ips, is to goto their profile and log in and click the link from there.
It was getting too hectic for me opening up a few different windows at once.

So i added this code into my active_users.asp page:
On my page it is line 226"
response.write " <td class=forumcellcolordark align=center valign=middle nowrap><font size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>" & rsAG("AU_IP") & "</font></td>" & VBNewLine

So i added this to it:
response.write " <td class=forumcellcolordark align=center valign=middle nowrap><font size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><a href=""http://www.whois.sc/" & ChkString(rsAG("AU_IP"), "display") & """ target=""_blank"">" & rsAG("AU_IP") & "</a></font></td>" & VBNewLine

I use whois.sc, but you can add any iding url you choose.
It is only visible to your forum Admins. I have tested it out on my board because i have a moderator and a normal member id for testing these mods out with.

I have been running a board for a long tim, so i have added mods from all over and changed the db so manytimes it is hard to keep up.
I have pieces from Image, Server Hacker, Crash, Snitz, a bunch i can't remember, and a whole host of my own tinkering, so if this doesn't work on your board, tinker around untill you get it right.

Anyway, i thought maybe someone whould want to try this.

Let me know what you think

BUG

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2004 :  07:02:17  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
I thought this was already included in the Active Users MOD

eXtremeGossip
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2004 :  11:39:27  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
It isn't, but there has been posted a mod addon that does that. The mod addon uses http://www.samspade.org to check the ip.

Here is the link in code for members: <a href=""http://www.samspade.org/t/ipwhois?a=" & ChkString(rsAM("AU_IP"), "display") & """ target=""_blank"">" & rsAM("AU_IP") & "</a>.

Replace rsAM("AU_IP") with rsAG("AU_IP") for the guest part.

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page

dabugster

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2004 :  21:05:54  Show Profile  Visit dabugster's Homepage  Send dabugster an AOL message  Send dabugster a Yahoo! Message
I always used whois, so when i added it, i changed the sam spade.
And i didn't know there was an addon made to do that.

Looks like somebody else had my problems too!
LOL

Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 30 November 2004 :  16:41:22  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by dabugster

I always used whois, so when i added it, i changed the sam spade.

Anything that works

quote:
Originally posted by dabugster

And i didn't know there was an addon made to do that.

It is a small addon, and Im not sure if it is easily found or not (haven't tried searching for it). In any case, Im sure that there are those who haven't seen that one and will add this instead.

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07