New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2001 :  13:25:09  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Sorry to be a pest, but is this mod on the backburner at this time?

Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2001 :  14:20:07  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
hey dave :) hows it goin?

Reinsnitz (Mike)
><)))'>
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,..." Matthew 28:19a
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2001 :  14:30:32  Show Profile
Dave is still working on this mod. I am sure he will start a new post when he is ready to release his mod.
Rob I would back out, if you can, because those files he did the mod for was for an older version. When he releases his latest version of this mod I am sure it will be up-to-date with the current snitz forums.
He says he is working on it when he gets the time, so we just have to sit tight and wait till he is finished with it.

"Even when you feel you have nothing left,
You still have prayer--And that's enough."

Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2001 :  16:14:44  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
quote:

Dave is still working on this mod. I am sure he will start a new post when he is ready to release his mod.
Rob I would back out, if you can, because those files he did the mod for was for an older version. When he releases his latest version of this mod I am sure it will be up-to-date with the current snitz forums.
He says he is working on it when he gets the time, so we just have to sit tight and wait till he is finished with it.

cool . JAMAICA! Is it true? You're in Jamaica!? Tell all the cool reggae-guys their music is lovely! :)

cheers
/CHEETAH - Stockholm
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2001 :  16:54:55  Show Profile
LoL, yes I am in Jamaica. And sure, I'll drop them a note. I'll just call them up right now.
"Hey reggae-guys, this guy name Stockholm from Sweden says to tell you that your music is IRIE." hehehe

Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2001 :  18:35:13  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
ROLF :)

just FYI... a new version is coming out soon...

Reinsnitz (Mike)
><)))'>
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,..." Matthew 28:19a
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2001 :  23:12:59  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Hi, Thanks for the update!

Yes, I've already 'backed' out - thanks for the advice!

I'm certainly looking forward to this mod it's going to help my forum immensely as I'm sure it will help others.

I'm using Snitz Forums for a discussion/support forum and subscribing to forums would allow our technical staff to automatically get an email whenever someone posts a topic in a specific forum -- way kewl!

Go Dave Go!

Cheers!

Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  16:16:17  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
quote:

LoL, yes I am in Jamaica. And sure, I'll drop them a note. I'll just call them up right now.
"Hey reggae-guys, this guy name Stockholm from Sweden says to tell you that your music is IRIE." hehehe

yeah. that will do it! :)))))))))))) hehehe lol! :) so where on jamaica do you live? man that must be cool and sooft! bloody great! if I can save for the ticket... can I come down there....... and just sooft my life out!?
Go to Top of Page

infinity

New Zealand
90 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  19:26:21  Show Profile  Visit infinity's Homepage
Just reading some of the updates on the status of this mod.
I trust and do hope that when it is finally released there will be instructions on how to apply it to V3.1 SR2 (which I believe is a version many with highly modified pages are using). I have not updated to a new version because mine has so many mods that I would rather not reinstall, because I understand that eventually there will be a new official version that might include many of the more common and popular mods.

Anyway... just putting in my vote that it would be good to be able to apply this mod to the version that was in place when we first started following the progress of this mod... (V3.1 SR2).

Cheers,

Jonathan

Life is but a dream... and that dream is Here and Now. Therefore, Be here Now.
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  22:04:35  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Yes, I agree with Johnathan...I'm running a heavily modified SR2 as well -- and there are many others in the same situation.

I've been able to make most mods work (at least a half dozen Snitz mods and at least twice as many of my own), it would be a drag that a useful mod like this could not use sr2 as a basis.

Having said that, I'm working on enhancing a currently available mod for the Snitz community and it is a LOT of work. I couldn't possibly criticize anyone for creating a mod for any Snitz version and making it available for FREE. I'll take what I can get and really appreciate everyone's work.

Cheers!

Rob

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2001 :  09:21:39  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
There is a inproportional difference between how many replies and how many reads that this topic has...

I'm trying to equalize this somewhat...

Status anyone?

Rob

Go to Top of Page

davemaxwell
Access 2000 Support Moderator

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2001 :  13:17:21  Show Profile  Visit davemaxwell's Homepage  Send davemaxwell an AOL message  Send davemaxwell an ICQ Message  Send davemaxwell a Yahoo! Message
Sorry, but this got pushed down to below another mod I'm currently working on (it's been requested more often), but I've almost got it done. I need to do some more testing, but I think it's OK.

My method for doing this is to try and make it as modular as possible. Some files (post.asp, post_info.asp and admin_config_features.asp in particular) are not written to allow this to be done easily. What you'll need to do is change whatever is appropriate to match your situation. I think the main thing will be to change the DBNTUsername to the cookie name, but other than that I won't know for sure.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of 3.2 anymore to make better instructions.

Dave Maxwell
--------------
When's the next meeting of Snitzaholics Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2001 :  13:25:34  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Thanks Dave...

I figured you were Knee deep in something else....

The cookie thing is no problem... if other stuff comes up, we'll deal with it then...

Looking forward to it...

Cheers!

Rob

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 05 March 2001 :  08:54:43  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Hey Dave,

If you've got it close, but it might be buggy, (or simply not tested) I'd be willing to give it a crack. I'm dyeing for this mod, because there are some other mods that I'd like to build on top of this. Anyway... I've offered, so if you think it's worth it, email what you have and I'll have a go...

Otherwise, I'll stand by!!

Cheers!

rob@sascom.com

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 19 March 2001 :  13:54:09  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Hey Dave,

Went to your test site today, for subscriptions -- I see what you mean... there is more to this then just subscribing to a topic, very nice and VERY DESIRABLE.

I await with bated breath...

any eta???

Cheers!

Rob

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07