Help: MOD Implementation
 Mikes File Attach Help & Which mod 2 install first
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hopeful

130 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2004 :  19:58:52  Show Profile
I would like to add several mods but want to know if certain ones should be done first. I have recently installed snitz version 3.4.05
and I am not even sure which mods will do what I want and which ones will work with the version of snitz I have installed. ALL help is appreciated.

I want to add PM'S, an events calendar, a mod that will show users that are logged in currently and a picture mod.

I have downloaded mike's file attachment for pictures and installed it, but it is not doing what I thought it would. Instead of the actual picture showing up in the post I get this:

Download Attachment: 20048361439_peace20.gif
9.47 KB

It just gives a hyperlink to the picture. Did I do something wrong or did I install the wrong MOD?

ALL answers on which mods will do what I am looking to accomplish is greatly appreciated!

A. Green

Please explain everything in layman terms!!!

Edited by - Hopeful on 21 November 2004 15:47:52

Gargoyle

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2004 :  23:04:51  Show Profile  Visit Gargoyle's Homepage
Mikes file attachment mod has a line in it that is commented out. I do not remember the file or line number right now but it CAN do what you want it to. I would review the files that came with the mod and find the 2 lines that look almost identical and reverse the commenting.

It is also easiest to install the calendar MOD first as there are a lot of files to edit and just copying over the already modded files to an unmodded forum saves a lot of time and headaches. The avatar mod is also a tough one to master. And if you want to add custom smilies the calendar mod makes this a bit harder on one of the pages...

Basically take your time and learn all you can. Otherwise you will get very few of these mods to work togther like they should.

Here is a link to my Snitz powered Drag Racing site.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful

130 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2004 :  15:15:43  Show Profile
Thank you Gargoyle. I have already installed two mods.
The birthday mod, which went smoothly and works wonderful. And the Mikes file attachment which I have to figure out what you are telling me to do to fix it...

I geuss after that, you are saying to do the calander then the PM'S? I also want the active user mod, should that be last?

Do you know exactly which mod files I need to download for these three mod's?

Thanks for answering.
A. Green

Edited by - Hopeful on 21 November 2004 15:19:14
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful

130 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2004 :  15:40:42  Show Profile
This is the code that is in post.asp for mikes file attachment, what do I need to uncomment?

if strRqMethod = "Edit" or _
strRqMethod = "URL" or strRqMethod = "EditURL" or _
strRqMethod = "Reply" or strRqMethod = "ReplyQuote" or _
strRqMethod = "EditTopic" or strRqMethod = "Topic" or strRqMethod = "TopicQuote" then
Response.Write " <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """> </td>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """>" & vbNewLine
Response.Write " <a href=""#"" onClick=""window.open('pop_upload_new.asp','Uploading','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=yes,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=yes,width=440,height=310');""><acronym title=""Upload an Image File..."">" & getCurrentIcon(strIconPaperClip,"","") & "</a> <font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>Insert an Image File</acronym><br /></font>" & vbNewLine

Go to Top of Page

Gargoyle

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2004 :  16:40:16  Show Profile  Visit Gargoyle's Homepage
Outputfile.asp

Change lines 73 - 76 or so to reflect the way you want it set-up. There will be two of these // in front of the option you want to use. Just remove them from that line and add them to the line below and you should be all set. The code in question is in between script tags so it should be easy to find.

Go to Top of Page

Hopeful

130 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2004 :  18:00:08  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Gargoyle

Outputfile.asp

Change lines 73 - 76 or so to reflect the way you want it set-up. There will be two of these // in front of the option you want to use. Just remove them from that line and add them to the line below and you should be all set. The code in question is in between script tags so it should be easy to find.

Gargoyle, AWESOME!!! THANK YOU!!!
I was about to ask you if you thought it had something to do with the outputfile.asp , I thought maybe it did since my problems were with the way it was "outputting" the info. I actually saw that script file and wondered what it was for but did not dare to change anything with out knowing what I was changing. Thank you so much for your reply, my mod is working wonderful now!!!
I think this instruction would be a VERY HELPFUL addition to the read me file in the "mike's file attachment" download!
Thanks again!

Is my next best choice of Mods to install the calander now?
I have only added the two... pic's and b-day mod and they are both working correctly.
If I try the calander next, which download is the best one?
I want a calander that users can add events to.
A. Green

Go to Top of Page

Gargoyle

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2004 :  19:35:59  Show Profile  Visit Gargoyle's Homepage
Use red1's recurring events calendar MOD. I believe it is posted in the "MOD add on with code forum" Here at this site. Take your time with this mod as it is one of the more difficult ones to implement properly. There are a lot of changes and it is easy to mess it up if you don't place your code carefully.

Go to Top of Page

Hopeful

130 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2004 :  20:05:57  Show Profile
Thanks, I will try it out and be patient like you said!
A. Green

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07