New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DonW
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2004 :  21:29:48  Show Profile
Hi, Y'all,

I just installed Snitz forum two days ago on a site I'm doing for a local school board. In an effort to dress up the forum a bit, I downloaded the Integration Mod and installed it without much of a problem.

But...

My goal is to have an outer frame of deep red surrounding the forum. I've got the top pretty much put together, but my problem is occurring on the left and right sides.

For some reason, the left and right side includes won't display the 'framing' color for the length of the page. I'm using a table in the includes, with a solid bgcolor intended to run down the length of the page, to a table containg images to complete the 'frame' look at the bottom of the page.

I added a height attribute to the table cells and that worked - but it's unreliable in that if the page is shorter or longer than the cell height, the color framing own't display properly.

Any ideas why the includes are behaving this way? Any help you can suggest will be greatly appreciated.

-Don

DonW
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2004 :  21:31:00  Show Profile
I forgot to include the URL, in case anyone wanted to see what I'm talking about - http://millerplacebridge.com/bridgeforum/default.asp

Thanks again.

-Don
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2004 :  05:19:04  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
I'll take a look as soon as I get off work.

Snitz 'Speedball' : Site Integration Mod : Friendly Registration Mod
"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"
Go to Top of Page

DonW
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2004 :  19:32:10  Show Profile
Thanks!

-Don
Go to Top of Page

Neilr

Australia
107 Posts

Posted - 20 November 2004 :  02:03:26  Show Profile  Visit Neilr's Homepage
Hey DonW,

How did you get the frame to fully cover?? I can't seem to get it to do that and I am using the same Site Intergration!

Didn't like the white border so haven't done anything to the left or right sections.

www.ausbream.com

Any hits

Cheers

Neil

Edited by - Neilr on 20 November 2004 02:23:13
Go to Top of Page

DonW
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 20 November 2004 :  05:03:42  Show Profile
Margin tags - in inc_header.asp on line 294, I added margin tags -

"<body" & strTmpPageBGImageURL & " bgColor=""" & strPageBGColor & """ text=""" & strDefaultFontColor & """ link=""" & strLinkColor & """ aLink=""" & strActiveLinkColor & """ vLink=""" & strVisitedLinkColor & """ topmargin=""0"" leftmargin=""0"" rightmargin=""0"" bottommargin=""0"">" & vbNewLine & _

I also had to mess around with cell widths left and right, and picked the background red to match the graphic. The red bars you see on the left and right are table cells. Took me a while of messing with it to get the column widths right, and I still have to fix the left and right sides of my page. In fact, I've got an idea. Maybe a long BG image in the left and right sides might allow the bg to scroll all the way down to the footer.

I'm not going to get to bed any time soon.

-D
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 20 November 2004 :  10:36:00  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
switch the borders on in the SI MOD control panel Don...

Snitz 'Speedball' : Site Integration Mod : Friendly Registration Mod
"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"
Go to Top of Page

DonW
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 20 November 2004 :  14:40:56  Show Profile
Okay, turned 'em on.

-D
Go to Top of Page

Neilr

Australia
107 Posts

Posted - 20 November 2004 :  18:00:14  Show Profile  Visit Neilr's Homepage
Heres a question:

Instead of having the left & right tables butting up underneath the header table, could they just go to the very top?

The header a & footer tables could then butt into them. For a number of sites that could allow for better positioning of graphics. (well for me anyway )

Cheers

Neil
Go to Top of Page

DonW
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 20 November 2004 :  23:16:35  Show Profile
Okay, slowly solving it...

I decided just to turn off the left and right panels, and then edit in a table cell at the appropiate places in the header file.

I just have to get all the tables on the page to display at 100% without left and right margins, and that should do it.

-D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07