Help: MOD Implementation
 Mike's File Attachment – DELETING pictures--
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

funinbc

245 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2004 :  16:20:53  Show Profile
Hi all, I have a real big problem. I’m way over my file storage on my server. They are threatening to charge me more which is an issue because this is just my hobby site.

What I am hoping for is a way to look at before deleting pictures in a users directory.

The problem with just deleting them all by date is I have “picture of the week” page with links back to the weekend’s pictures. I would like to keep those pictures but delete all the other non related pictures.

What would be prefect is a way to see a thumbnail of the pictures and then a way to delete them. Even better is by simply deleting the thread the pictures would be deleted in the persons folder as well.

Can anyone help me on this.

funinbc

245 Posts

Posted - 20 November 2004 :  14:56:10  Show Profile
doesn't anyone else have this problem?
Go to Top of Page

miperez

Spain
243 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2004 :  03:55:30  Show Profile
Hi, funinbc.

No, I haven't got this problem; sorry not to be able to help anymore. I can just offer you a suggestion: why don't you download one of those image library /gallery components (ther must surely be a free ASP one out there), upload it to the server, and use it in order to manage the images?

I mean, instead of thinking of a MOD addon for Mike's attachments, or a new MOD to do that, maybe -at least, in order to delete some files and prevent your ISP for charging you- you could use a completely independent tool.

I'm sure that if you look for free ASP scripts (sites have been mentioned here many times) you will find one that suits your needs.

Best Regards

Mikel Perez

"Hell is the place where everything test perfectly, and nothing works"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07