Calendar. Edit one date = edit all
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marrone
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 05 November 2004 :  05:43:21  Show Profile
I'm using Snitz 3.4.04 with the Recurring Dates Calendar mod.

If I make an event with recurring dates, eg. every tuesday for 10 weeks, it pops up in the calendar nicely.

But if I choose to change one of these entries, ALL of the dates change, both the past and the future dates.

I'm using the dates as a simple booking system, where our members can sign up for spinning lessons, and I want to keep track of how many available seats are left, so the members can see this in the forum.

But it's no good with this error (if it's an error). I have checked that I am using the "edit this date only" option.

Any solutions out there??

:Henrik

Marrone
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 09 November 2004 :  09:31:47  Show Profile
I've been going thru everything I could think of that could cause this problem, but I don't know enough about coding...

So tell me; What does it look like when any of you make a recurring event? If you make an event spanning 6 weeks, and you change one of them, does it change only the one date, or both the old and the future dates???

I'm really curious.

Go to Top of Page

Nertz

Canada
341 Posts

Posted - 10 November 2004 :  18:55:32  Show Profile
Marrone, you're not alone, just tested my recurring events calendar on my forums and just like you same happens, edits all occurences of the event.

Sadly, most Family Court Judges wrongfully reward opportunistic gold diggers
that use our children unjustly as "instruments" of power.

www.fathers-4-justice-canada.ca
Go to Top of Page

Marrone
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2004 :  09:01:38  Show Profile
Phew, nice to know that I'm not alone Thanx Nertz.

I know nothing (or almost) about coding, but the obvious problem is that when I create an event, it gets a TOPIC_ID, which is the same in all the recurring dates. So naturally, all dates will change when one date is changed, as they have the same ID.

It must be some kind of bug or error in the coding, as the author has made the option "edit this date only". Why make that if you edit all dates no matter what?

The calendar is nice to have, but somewhat tidious to work with, as the recurring dates are of no actual use.

Any coders with greater skills than mine out there ()?? Tell me what to do, and I will do it, or even better, do it for me...

Go to Top of Page

Nertz

Canada
341 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2004 :  10:39:36  Show Profile
I don't believe the edit options were intended to edit just the one occurence, but rather to change the number of occurences on the original topic. I looked at the code to some extent and I don't think this is an easy fix. For the way I use my calendar and few edits that I do, I can live with it the way it is for now. If I can find some time I might look at it some more.

Nat

Sadly, most Family Court Judges wrongfully reward opportunistic gold diggers
that use our children unjustly as "instruments" of power.

www.fathers-4-justice-canada.ca
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07