MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 adding members mod
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bballillirt

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 30 July 2004 :  09:28:15  Show Profile  Visit bballillirt's Homepage  Send bballillirt an AOL message
Is there a mod out there that lets the forum admin add alot of members without going through and registering each of them because im working with an organization that does tha because they have online "classroms" and add over 200 people at a time...thanks

<<Will install mods for food--email me!!!>>

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 30 July 2004 :  10:04:14  Show Profile
If you are using SQL Server you could import members from a CSV file using the DTS wizard

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

bballillirt

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 30 July 2004 :  14:38:15  Show Profile  Visit bballillirt's Homepage  Send bballillirt an AOL message
how do i do that?

Go to Top of Page

bballillirt

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 03 August 2004 :  15:57:56  Show Profile  Visit bballillirt's Homepage  Send bballillirt an AOL message
???

Go to Top of Page

Jezmeister

United Kingdom
1141 Posts

Posted - 03 August 2004 :  19:22:12  Show Profile  Visit Jezmeister's Homepage
i dont know about sql server but you could do the same for MySql and almost any decent MySql control tool will let you just click "import from file" and select the file
if you have the names in access you could try doing a search for converting access -> MSSql or Access -> MySql and using the same technique to import the data as people have used to swap database types for their forums.
Go to Top of Page

stephl
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04 October 2004 :  16:49:28  Show Profile
I was looking into mass-loading users as well, and just found this topic...

It seems like you could upload into the table with Access too, but as I am looking at the database table, I see that the passwords are encrypted. How would I go about uploading encrypted passwords, or would it even be necessary to upload passwords? Any thoughts? I was thinking that even if I can't upload, I could enter them directly in Access - it would still be faster than going through the registration each time.

Kinda skeered to mess with the tables right now, though... don't want it to blow up after all this configurating I've been doing... thanks in advance for any suggestions you have.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07