Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 Problem in the Server??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miperez

Spain
243 Posts

Posted - 26 January 2004 :  10:26:45  Show Profile
Hi all.

I don't know where to post this message, as it is related to the Snitz Forums' server itself.

I was looking for something I read some time ago, so I've tried a search, selecting "all the words", "all forums", "entire message" and "any date".

As the topic I was looking for was not there, I have marked the "archived posts" checkbox, and hit on "search" again. The search returns an error:

An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

It only happens when you select the "archived topics" checkbox, and it is independant of the terms you are looking for.

Could you take a look at it, please?

BTW, I finally found what I was looking for -it was, in fact, archived- linked from a non archived topic

Best Regards

Mikel Perez

"Hell is the place where everything test perfectly, and nothing works"

Edited by - miperez on 26 January 2004 10:27:20

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 26 January 2004 :  10:29:29  Show Profile
this is because you need to narrow your search to look only at specific forums when searching the archives.

Nikkol ~ Help Us Help You | ReadMe | 3.4.03 fixes | security fixes ~
Go to Top of Page

miperez

Spain
243 Posts

Posted - 26 January 2004 :  10:54:52  Show Profile
As always, you are right, Nikkol, I have tried it, it has worked, and shown the topic I was looking for before.

Thank you very much!!

P.S. Just as a suggestion for future developments, I would check for ArchiveView="true" and request.form("FORUM")="0" in the search string; if both conditions are met, I would show a message to the user aking him to either unselect "archived topics" or select a particular forum in the dropdown.

Best Regards

Mikel Perez

"Hell is the place where everything test perfectly, and nothing works"
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 26 January 2004 :  11:19:52  Show Profile
it's only on very large databases that this happens. doing what you suggest would limit the search capability of small forums.

Nikkol ~ Help Us Help You | ReadMe | 3.4.03 fixes | security fixes ~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07