Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Niox
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2004 :  16:54:13  Show Profile
	if strMode = "goModify" and rs("M_POSTS")>100 then
		Response.Write	"                    <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
				"                      <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ align=""right"" valign=""middle"" nowrap><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>Title: </font></b></td>" & vbNewLine & _
				"                      <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><input name=""Title"" size=""25"" maxLength=""50"" value=""" & CleanCode(rs("M_TITLE")) & """></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
				"                    </tr>" & vbNewLine
	end if

add the blue code and change the red value to the amount of posts to suit your needs.
[/quote]

But then Admin's also only can change a members title if that specific member has reached >100 posts
If you change the code like this, it should work fine and Admin's will always be able to change the titel.

if strMode = "goModify" or rs("M_POSTS")>100 

Go to Top of Page

MRWebmaster

76 Posts

Posted - 17 April 2004 :  15:03:45  Show Profile  Visit MRWebmaster's Homepage
I have implemented this MOD and it works great. I have one issue though. For those who choose not to have a title under their name, now there is just a blank space and then their row of stars. Does anyone know where the code is where I could put an if/then to move that row of stars up one row so there isn't an empty row?

Matt Brown, MCP
MetalReview.com Discussion Board
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 17 April 2004 :  17:31:21  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Can you post a link to a txt version of your topic.asp?

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

MRWebmaster

76 Posts

Posted - 17 April 2004 :  19:01:00  Show Profile  Visit MRWebmaster's Homepage
topic.asp

Matt Brown, MCP
MetalReview.com Discussion Board

Edited by - MRWebmaster on 17 April 2004 19:03:21
Go to Top of Page

ken derringer
Starting Member

40 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2004 :  04:54:19  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Niox

Response.Write	"                    <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
				"                      <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ align=""right"" valign=""middle"" nowrap><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>Title: </font></b></td>" & vbNewLine & _
				"                      <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><input name=""Title"" size=""25"" maxLength=""50"" value=""" & CleanCode(rs("M_TITLE")) & """></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
				"                    </tr>" & vbNewLine
	end if

add the blue code and change the red value to the amount of posts to suit your needs.

But then Admin's also only can change a members title if that specific member has reached >100 posts
If you change the code like this, it should work fine and Admin's will always be able to change the titel.

if strMode = "goModify" or rs("M_POSTS")>100 

[/quote]

Hi to all!
I have insert this in the inc.profile.asp:
if rs("M_POSTS")>100 then

otherwise:

After this change my members can change their title when arrive to 100 posts. Before my changes, only the administrator can change the title of a memeber after the 100 posts.

Now. I don't know if is correct....but now it's working correct.
Sorry for my english...

I'm not a expert of ASP... but now this is ok. Anyone can explaine me why, now work fine?
Go to Top of Page

Webbo
Average Member

United Kingdom
982 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2004 :  16:23:41  Show Profile  Visit Webbo's Homepage
Is it possible to include some code in pop_profile.asp to prevent a member from changing their title to Moderator or Administrator?

I was thinking along the lines of

if Request.Form("Title") = "Moderator" then 
			Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You are not a Moderator</li>"
		end if

but cannot tie it into the form submission and the change
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07