Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 Reliable, affordable, bulk-mailer?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kent

United States
193 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2004 :  22:01:03  Show Profile
I have a fairly large forum -- 3000+ members, and cannot get reliable email out to them using either the EMail List or Email All Users mods, using either CDONTS or ASPMAIL (my two available choices). I get server timeouts and a variety of errors.... And you spam them if you try again....

What are you using to mail your users, that's easily and inexpensively implemented?

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2004 :  22:37:00  Show Profile
How about altering the code you have so you're not hammering the server ? It would take longer to send, but it would go thru.
Go to Top of Page

jfitz

USA
345 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2004 :  22:45:35  Show Profile
We wrote our own email manager for sending newsletters. It's pretty easy with Delphi and ADO, and you can simply scan through the forum data base to get the email addresses. We also update the data base with the newsletter issue number and date sent for each member. That way, if there is a hiccup during mailing, we can restart the process without sending duplicates to those who have already received the mailing.

--Jördan
It's a wasted day if you don't spend at least part of it flying upside down.
Go to Top of Page

Astralis

USA
1218 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2004 :  22:48:48  Show Profile  Send Astralis a Yahoo! Message
It's not a professional bulk mailer - but it can handle 3000 and it's free: WebWiz Mailing List.
Search for it on ASPIN.com.
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2004 :  10:56:35  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
I wrote one also where it would basically send 5 emails per a page refresh and after it sent each email it did the same thing as jordan said where i could restart it if my internet connection went down or the server crashed. It does take awhile for it to run but its a way to get it to work. You could probley even have it send 20-30 emails per a page refresh and not have any problems because of timeouts

Brad
Oklahoma City Online Entertainment Guide
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2004 :  11:16:11  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
I never have troubles with timeouts mailing all of my 3500 members. The script takes about 5 minutes to run, but all mail gets sent.

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07