Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 A logo?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2003 :  14:22:41  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
Hi all,
I have an advertising project that I have to do for business class. I spoke with the teacher and she said it would be OK if someone designed the logo for me and my partner.
So I came here because I know there are lots of people who (if they are not) should be professional logo designers.
Would someone here be willing to make me a logo for my project? The color scheme is:
Deep golds
browns
light tans
etc

The name is:
Hometown Cookie Company

Any little pics you want to stick in there would be great. A good looking cookie would be nice.
The thing is this logo will be used for:
A website
A pamphlet
A billboard
An e-mail flier
and coupons
Something that would look nice on all those would be great!
Thanks for your time!

The Poultry Link - "Serving the best of the fancy with the best of the web"
Forum Setup Help

taropatch
Average Member

USA
741 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2003 :  21:22:47  Show Profile
If you do not get any takers here, check out http://forum.yaxay.com. Goto the contests forum.

I think people will solicit new logo ideas with an award (I know someone who offered $25) to the winning design. I know a guy who ended up with a logo he was very happy with.

Edited by - taropatch on 18 December 2003 21:45:44
Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2003 :  22:11:38  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
Thanks taropatch. I hope someone here can come up with a good design but thanks for giving me the link.

Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2003 :  22:28:13  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
I think you would have more appreciation for your school project it you made the logo yourself, how else are you going to learn?

Go to Top of Page

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2003 :  22:33:24  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by dayve

I think you would have more appreciation for your school project it you made the logo yourself, how else are you going to learn?

Good point. I started doing, I learned, I am happy.

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Go to Top of Page

seahorse

USA
1075 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2003 :  22:36:45  Show Profile  Visit seahorse's Homepage
You can probably get decent stock photography online if you decide to do it yourself. Many stock photo sites will allow you to use low resolution images for mock up purposes.

That should do for your class. Don't think your teacher can expect pro quality work, unless you're in somekind of art class.

Ken
===============
Worldwide Partner Group
Microsoft
Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2003 :  23:22:00  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
No it is a business class. We have to market cookies. She said anyone can design the logo because we are getting graded on the actual cookies themselves (not what they taste like but our advertising skills). So if we can get "professional" logos she does not mind.

Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2003 :  23:23:06  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
It would be like a company getting someone to make a logo and using this logo for marketing purposes. Sorry if I didnt explain it well enough earlier.

Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2003 :  18:48:11  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
I think you're asking a lot from this community for your school project, regardless if your instructor allows it or not. I still say you should do it yourself, or pay for someone to do it if you want one done for you that badly.

Go to Top of Page

Astralis

USA
1218 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2003 :  18:53:43  Show Profile  Send Astralis a Yahoo! Message
Managing the logo designing process - without designing the logo itself - is an excellent learning tool.

I design logos and, of course, it's difficult - but when I didn't have the time, I started outsourcing it and discovered that it's just as difficult. If you're a business major - you will probably not be designing your own logo because you've got other things to do. So managing the design process is perfect and more relevant to your class.
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2003 :  14:49:18  Show Profile
May I just make one small suggestion: Do not use a picture in your logo. You say it will be used for pamphlets and the likes. Do you have any idea what the price difference is between two and four color offset? By thinking ahead and using a two-color logo, you'll be cutting down in cost in the future. If you then add that to your reasoning behind the logo, regardless of who made it, you might get extra credit.

Just look at the logo's that major corporations use. How many colors do they have? One, two, some three but that's it. Reducing a picture so it only uses two (or three) colors is a PITA and usually doesn't give very good results.

I'll see if I can think of something in the next twenty minutes, after that I have to go drive my brother and his friends into town.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2003 :  23:11:43  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
Thanks for digging this back up and making that suggestion. I have playing with some logos and I really appreciate your advice. I am on break right now so there is no hurry till the 5th. Not that you have to do it at all...

Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2003 :  15:18:09  Show Profile
I didn't have time to do anything about this yesterday, and to be honest I don't have much time for it today, but here's what I came up with:

Note that if you wanted this for print work, it would be a two-color logo: black + pantone 7407.
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2003 :  18:21:45  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
Nice work Roland

Nathan Bales
CoreBoard | Active Users Download
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2003 :  19:36:38  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
I like the font you have used for HOMETWON. What font is it?

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2003 :  19:39:16  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
Thanks a lot. I really like it. I think I will use it even though our hometown is only made up of about 600 people.

Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07